Unlockables Thread/Questions/Answers

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
So I know this is the "unlockables thread," but I don't really have time to filter out all the bs. What exactly do I have to do to unlock everything? JHust beat arcade mode and then play Survival an time trial a few times?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Given the amount of shit you have to do to unlock things, I'm not going to paraphrase again. Just read the thread. If you want Alpha you're going to have to do nearly everything anyway.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Given the amount of shit you have to do to unlock things, I'm not going to paraphrase again. Just read the thread. If you want Alpha you're going to have to do nearly everything anyway.

I saw your post about having to play a shit ton of matches to unlock all the titles. But there's nothing specific to unlocking all the costumes? Alpha can go screw herself.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I saw your post about having to play a shit ton of matches to unlock all the titles. But there's nothing specific to unlocking all the costumes? Alpha can go screw herself.
The costumes are all in Arcade, Time Attack, and Survival. One per character per difficulty though. So you can't play Arcade Rookie twice with Kasumi for instance.

Sawa

The first post in this thread should be updated with answers to the 3 questions people have been repeatedly asking for the last 12 pages.

Sett

If you power though legend with a character with no costumes unlocked do you get all the costumes from that particular mode?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
If you power though legend with a character with no costumes unlocked do you get all the costumes from that particular mode?
No. You can get one of the rare costumes and it won't unlock anything before it, either.

Zeo

The costumes are all in Arcade, Time Attack, and Survival. One per character per difficulty though. So you can't play Arcade Rookie twice with Kasumi for instance.
Are you saying you can't unlock another costume by playing the same difficulty or you don't get another title?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Are you saying you can't unlock another costume by playing the same difficulty or you don't get another title?
Both. Thought that was written relatively clearly, actually. Wasn't really talking about titles but there's only one of those per difficulty and mode too.

Zeo

Both. Thought that was written relatively clearly, actually. Wasn't really talking about titles but there's only one of those per difficulty and mode too.
Figured that, was just hoping that I wouldn't have to play on a different difficulty every single time I wanted a new costume. Could I cheat and play normal and then tag normal and get a costume for both runs?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Figured that, was just hoping that I wouldn't have to play on a different difficulty every single time I wanted a new costume. Could I cheat and play normal and then tag normal and get a costume for both runs?
Yeah. That's the "per mode" part. So you could theoretically do Rookie on all three different modes, get three costumes, then step up from there if you wanted. Five if you do tag on the two that support it.

Reactions: Zeo

IceMage95

Well running through Legend on Time Attack and Arcade without a continue took a decent chunk of my time, but it was well worth it to get those "rare" costumes. As for titles, I'm almost there (234 of the 300) to get Alpha. I still have survival to run through plus the easier titles such as using a character once and performing power blows and cliffhangers with each.

Keylay

Unlocking costumes is so tedious. I'm glad I have a turbo controller. I just play on rookie in tag arcade/time attack and leave an object pressed against the punch button. 5 - 10 minutes later, I have a costume unlocked.

Doug Nguyen

Well running through Legend on Time Attack and Arcade without a continue took a decent chunk of my time, but it was well worth it to get those "rare" costumes. As for titles, I'm almost there (234 of the 300) to get Alpha. I still have survival to run through plus the easier titles such as using a character once and performing power blows and cliffhangers with each.
Same but i dont remember what power blow and cliffhanger character titles i already have and i dont feel like searching for it either. So ill just do it for all of them.

IceMage95

I finally have unlocked Alpha after unlocking every title available in Story Mode, going through Time Attack & Arcade, and unlocking costumes. She still gives me the creeps with that voice. I wished it was the DOA4 Alpha sound.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
All costumes for guys or some of the courses you haven't done in Survival.

IceMage95

I want to farm titles for Alpha but damn what a pain.
Well about 100 of those come from doing power blows, critical bursts, and cliffhangers. About another 100 come from all of story mode. That just leaves about another 100 for other stuff like arcade, survival, and time attack.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD