Unlocking costumes

ChrisArmoun

Does anyone know the parameters required to be met, to unlock all the costumes. I know you can unlock them in Arcade and Time Attack, but I noticed with Rachel specifically that I was only able to unlock two offline and there were no further outfits shown. However when I went online, there were two other costumes listed that said they were locked. I'm guessing certain requirements have to be met online because when I go back to playing on single player I once again don't see costumes 5 & 6. Locked or otherwise. Has anyone noticed this with other characters as well.

Note: I have all DLC so it isn't those and before I bought it, the locked DLC noted that it had not been downloaded, as opposed to "locked"

Cla

Standard Donor
I noticed this with Rachel too, but only Costume #5 was locked for me. Costume #6 is the Pop Idol pre-order bonus costume, which I do have. The fact that both Costume #5 and #6 are hidden to you offline would mean that Costume #5 has to be another redeem-code-only costume. And the redeem-code-only costumes are already on the disc, which is why the game is saying they are Locked instead of Not Downloaded.

So there you go. That should explain it. The game is hiding redeem-code-only costumes when you play offline.

Oh but something I am wondering about myself though: In DOA5, you had swimsuit costumes for Tina, Christie, and Lisa that originally had to be unlocked by doing something like playing a single player mode on a high difficulty and not using a Continue. Then they patched in the ability to unlock them by simply playing online X amount of times. Well, I never unlocked them in DOA5, and now I am wondering if you can still unlock them in DOA5U by playing online X amount of times.

Last edited:

JJpalmer

im pretty sure the offline unlock requirement is the same i have them on vanilla 5 but xbox live wouldnt let me bring my costumes over since i dont have gold

Cla

Standard Donor
I meant to emphasize that I did not want to do the offline unlock method for them.

But that makes no sense to me that you can't bring your DOA5 data over without Gold. It has nothing to do with online.

Last edited:

JJpalmer

Yea tell me it about it yea sorry i was just throwing the offline method incase anyone wanted to know thought it would be nifty to know

DR2K

Tag survival easy is the fastest way to unlock. Only works on one costume unlock.

ChrisArmoun

My DLC redeem code worked today so now I have Rachel's costume 6 but the white bikini still shows up when online. I haven't seen it publicized outside of the japanese version, so I'm at a lost on how to get this one, considering it was never mentioned as DLC for us.

As far as quickly unlocking the other costumes, Tag Arcade and Time Attack allows you to unlock two costumes (one per partner) on each play through, unlike vanilla which only gave you a costume for the lead character. I've been unlocking 2 costumes about every 5 minutes while playing through.

Cla

Standard Donor
My DLC redeem code worked today so now I have Rachel's costume 6 but the white bikini still shows up when online. I haven't seen it publicized outside of the japanese version, so I'm at a lost on how to get this one, considering it was never mentioned as DLC for us.
You can play against players from different regions, so the white bikini costume has to still show up in the list in case you play against someone in Japan who does have it. But yeah, I don't think I've heard of the costume being available outside of Japan yet. No doubt it will be soon enough though.

As far as quickly unlocking the other costumes, Tag Arcade and Time Attack allows you to unlock two costumes (one per partner) on each play through, unlike vanilla which only gave you a costume for the lead character. I've been unlocking 2 costumes about every 5 minutes while playing through.
I would have never guessed they would change this. Would've been nice to have known before I almost finished getting all the new costumes one at a time lol.

ChrisArmoun

I would have never guessed they would change this. Would've been nice to have known before I almost finished getting all the new costumes one at a time lol.

Lol. Yeah I tried on a whim because they had been hyping the tag improvement and I didn't feel like doing all the SP runs again if I didn't have to.

Argentus

I can't figure out how to unlock Leons third. Arcade, survival, time attack all did nothing.

ChrisArmoun

I can't figure out how to unlock Leons third. Arcade, survival, time attack all did nothing.
If you have the retail version of the game I'm not sure what could be going on. After reading your post I went through Tag Arcade with Bayman and Leon and got both Leon's third (black tank with red pants) and Bayman's C6 on my first attempt. Maybe try that setup. Difficulty shouldn't matter. I put it on easy.

Dr. Claw

So, if I'm coming over from a "complete" DOA5 save (all on-disc costumes unlocked, and then every DLC pack), what do I need to unlock in 5U? How many costumes do the new characters have on disc? Are Training Ayane, Kasumi, and Hayate DLC?

GodlyHades

Whats wrong with Core Fighters? Foe the past 2 days I've been trying to unlock Ryu Hayabusa's Fighter the SPirit outfit and the Trainign dummy one. No luck.
I have the others ones which came from original DOA5 why cant I unlock them?
Ive finished training, did arcade, time attack, whats going on :(

Argentus

If you have the retail version of the game I'm not sure what could be going on. After reading your post I went through Tag Arcade with Bayman and Leon and got both Leon's third (black tank with red pants) and Bayman's C6 on my first attempt. Maybe try that setup. Difficulty shouldn't matter. I put it on easy.

Im on core fighters but I bought Leon. Just did tag arcade andbit unlocked one for Jann lee, but nothing for Leon. So what the hell?

GodlyHades

Im on core fighters but I bought Leon. Just did tag arcade andbit unlocked one for Jann lee, but nothing for Leon. So what the hell?
Seriously? Ive been doing Arcade but nothing ....Im really angry.
Rikuto said it might be a different criteria since its not the retail verision, but there is no info on costume unlock sadly.

Argentus

Seriously? Ive been doing Arcade but nothing ....Im really angry.
Rikuto said it might be a different criteria since its not the retail verision, but there is no info on costume unlock sadly.

Yeah im mad. Its his only alternate costume, I bought the character, so why cant I get it?!

DR2K

You guys probably have to pay online a10 ranked matches and see if that unlocks

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD