Using critical burst

Tones

Premium Donor
How you do set it up?

Here's what I have to say about it...

Critical bursting with her feels bad. They can slow escape after 6k and 1p before you get the next strike to build it. Which means one can only really rely on the use of jabs and mid punches to extend it. I'm fine with only mid punches since her throws, on hi-counter, can do about 40% health while the breakable does almost the same if you can get the second one in, but the decision window is very tight.
I use 3p, 6pp and 1pk to start the stun up. I don't like 66pk and 2k, close or at mid range, because the kick is pretty slow.

Batcommander

Oh, i just posted this in the Lisa strat thread. 1pk, 1pk, crit burst is a good way to land it. Sidestep p, 1pk, CB is another combo.

That's pretty much all i've found.

lucky jim

A few things I've been playing with... I think these might work ok..

Starters: NH 4K, CH 9K, CH 1P(into P or K), 66P(into P or K)

Fillers: 66P, P, 2P, 3P, 4K, 6K, 3K, 236K, BT P, BT7P, BT 2K

CH 9K, BT 7P, to whatever filler you want I think is a pretty decent setup. I'm aware CH 9K will give a guaranteed launcher, but one wrong guess and there's your Critical Burst instead.

I'm new to the series, so if some if this doesn't actually work, that's why :) I did set the CPU to fastest stagger escape when testing these setups.

I hadn't been using CH 3P, but I'll add that to my list! Looks good.

Tones

Premium Donor
I prefer to stay away from highs because the low counter is often used to escape stun and crush at the same time.

BT 7p sounds good. Maybe 1pp (filler or to intiate), BT 7p would be a nice standard

So you can land 236k after each of those fillers with fastest/fast? 3p's recovery rate is pretty bad so I can't imagine that working out good.

Tones

Premium Donor
All that is not guaranteed due to slow escaping.

Found one though.

STUN, 7k6 while running p 236k

lucky jim

Ah, ok. I added in some highs to mixup the opponent's counter options since a lot of her lows are tough to follow up with, but mixing up mostly between mid punches and kicks probably works for that.

Should've mentioned that not ALL of those fillers are necessarily compatible with each other and will require a bit of experimentation, since some of her moves provide a nice extended stun and some of them not so much.

That's a good one you found. I had planned on using 7K at max range as on occasional poke, so it even works as the start of a CB combo.

Batcommander

Neige brought it up in the strat thread, but the only stagger proof stuns that give enough advantage to land CB is PP, 1PK, and 4K. All highs, too :(

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yeah it's stupid how most of her stuns can pretty much be slow escaped. CB is pretty useless for the most part. I wish they would give her a BT CB.

synce

BT CB would be nice but I'd rather they increase her grab damage or buff her stuns. She's so ass.

Batcommander

I think she needs more stun advantage since her CB is so slow, like her other moves. Honestly, I don't even incorporate CB into my game except as a poke to throw people off from holding or blocking 1P.

Neige

Neige brought it up in the strat thread, but the only stagger proof stuns that give enough advantage to land CB is PP, 1PK, and 4K. All highs, too :(

Add 7K6, 4P to the list of all-high stagger-proof stun extenders...

Yeah, the fact they're all high is a problem.

EDIT: You know what I think would help the problem? Just give more stun frames on BT 7P. Have it need more hits much like how BT 7K works before causing guaranteed 20+ frames of stun or maybe even cause collapse but there's no use for that move right now.

Batcommander

Add 7K6, 4P to the list of all-high stagger-proof stun extenders...

Yeah, the fact they're all high is a problem.

EDIT: You know what I think would help the problem? Just give more stun frames on BT 7P. Have it need more hits much like how BT 7K works before causing guaranteed 20+ frames of stun or maybe even cause collapse but there's no use for that move right now.
Yeah, i wish BT 7P had more stun too. Same with booty bump, considering it's considered a mid punch and kick for holding purposes.

I use BT 7P because it has really good range, and it tracks.

ailingeternity

WR :P: gives enough advantage when used during stun for CB. :236::K: also works during stun too.

One thing you have to remember about CB's is that when used during stun they are practically unshakable, the only way to efficiently escape them is by holding, giving only a few choices for the OP.

Following this I think :236::K: is godly when used before CB, since the OP is forced to hold or eat a CB it makes her extremely scary in this situation, if you come across low hold spammers, you can replace CB with :3::F::+::P: for more damage potential. Bear in mind her :236::K: can also go into BT for some added trickery if you wish. Remember Lisa is great for CH hunting with :1::P::K:, this is a good opportunity to use :236::K: or launch with :3::3::P:.

The only downside is that to get :236::K: to hit during stun you need to use moves that give enough advantage (like WR :P:, :4::K: etc.), but once it lands, its great.

Neige

The only downside is that to get :236::K: to hit during stun you need to use moves that give enough advantage (like WR :P:, :4::K: etc.), but once it lands, its great.

A small correction: Carrera P (WR always means "While Rising" to me) alone won't give you much stun frames ( only about 7 to 13). It must be used off a previous stun for it's hefty stun (31 to 43 frames).

CH (or opponent crouching) :9::K: also gives over 20 stun frames but because it leaves you BT, it doesn't amount too much.

8K also gives +20 stun frames, but it's a slow stupid move.

ailingeternity

Guess I wasn't specific enough, I meant Carrera :P: when used before :236::K: which is followed by CB.

About :9::K: though, it's possible to CB if the stun isn't shaken, but I've had instances where I've managed to CB straight after the move itself after pressing :F: from BT then CB, some kind of glitch maybe? Has anyone else come across this?

I have more success with stunning from :6::P::8::K:, on it's own, :8::K: is trash.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Guess I wasn't specific enough, I meant Carrera :P: when used before :236::K: which is followed by CB.

About :9::K: though, it's possible to CB if the stun isn't shaken, but I've had instances where I've managed to CB straight after the move itself after pressing :F: from BT then CB, some kind of glitch maybe? Has anyone else come across this?

I have more success with stunning from :6::P::8::K:, on it's own, :8::K: is trash.

I don't know if it's a glitch. If I'm not mistaken a CB may be able to come faster if you do a strong stun. Hoods for example showed me how pai can get a CB after like 2 stuns when normally it takes her 4-5. So I guess it's just something more to the system if I'm not mistaken. I personally never tried to CB after 9K. I will be sure to test this out.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Hate to bring up old topics, but hey, aint shit else being discussed around here....

What setups are most of you using nowadays, assuming you still use Lisa.

I tend to start stun using 6k since it's the most accessible nh stun she has.

My go-to is usually 6k, p, 1pk, 236k if i actually do go for one.

Tones

Premium Donor
Last time I played I was trying to implement BT 7p. Haven't played much since then so I haven't quite worked it out yet.

Once I get that down I think I'll screw a bit with their mind to make 236k a little more landable.

kkk is still really good, mixing that up with kkp 41236p+h

pp4(blocked) 2p 6pp catches a lot of people.

Gruff, what else do you use 6k for?

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I normally use it to open up my stun-launch/throw options

6k as we know is +20/18/17/14 on hit, -5(semi safe) on block, so it actually has multiple uses as a scouting move, a checking move, and an opener.

If you can get people to block after being hit by it, you can go into BT and be at +4/2/1/-2, opening up your BT throw and mixups. Yeah -2 is pretty bad since she's slow, but that's all on the conditioning of your opponent.

My primary motive with it is to stun launch though, I usually go straight into 6k, 6p8k, juggle.

some other things you can do is go into the OHs to make sure they block a bit more, or even make them get a bit ballsy and try to throw you.

some may not agree, but that's why we're here, to discuss this stuff.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD