Wall of Shame

Mavis

When you play anything that focuses on 1v1, however, you remove that emotional security barrier and some people completely lose their shit. People like to think they are more special than they actually are, and when they find out they are not, they... simply put, can't handle it.

This is one such person who cannot emotionally handle the idea that he is not special in the way he wants to be. A violent rejection of that idea is the only course left to him. For us, however, it's just funny.
I was just generally surprised to be honest, i mean i know people online receive abuse, that is to be expected but i just wasn't expecting some people to take it to these extremes. I get annoyed when i lose, of course i do, i even quietly usher abuse to myself for playing poorly, but i would never wish death on others. If i lose then it's simply a matter of me playing poorly and not being good enough and it's up to me to improve myself and fix that.

Hey, you're a tournament player aren't you? Do you ever encounter behavior such as this yourself at any offline scenes at all? What i mean is, do you ever see heated discussions or bad tempered players after narrow losses or something like that? Or is everyone usually in good player spirit at the events?

Just curious, thanks :)

Tokkosho

I was just generally surprised to be honest, i mean i know people online receive abuse, that is to be expected but i just wasn't expecting some people to take it to these extremes. I get annoyed when i lose, of course i do, i even quietly usher abuse to myself for playing poorly, but i would never wish death on others. If i lose then it's simply a matter of me playing poorly and not being good enough and it's up to me to improve myself and fix that.

Hey, you're a tournament player aren't you? Do you ever encounter behavior such as this yourself at any offline scenes at all? What i mean is, do you ever see heated discussions or bad tempered players after narrow losses or something like that? Or is everyone usually in good player spirit at the events?

Just curious, thanks :)
just from watching vids on youtube... salt and pop offs are more common than any good sportsmanship (it SEEMS, never been to an offline yet, cant really say)

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
No, sportsmanship nearly always prevails offline. Popoffs are rare, but funny. Obviously someone isn't going to just record a bunch of footage of two guys shaking hands at a tournament since thats already what is expected to happen. Popoffs are always more interesting when they happen, so thats what gets thrown up on the internet. They also usually come from the same people consistently, or between two people specifically who have a history together.

WiZzYx

First message after a ranked match.

mensaje1e.png

"hahahaha fucking argentinian. your poor economy of your fucking country. you are simply shit that we throw away here in Mexico. you're worthless...you are trash"

Second message, after a discussion about her rank (S+...based on a 6KK spamming Kasumi, set to 5 rounds!!!).:

mensaje2z.png

"I'll be the number one. I know because im the best of the world, and no one has beaten me. not even God will beat me"

Where I've seen this kind of message before? Oh yes...Pretty Julieta!

She must be a fake or so...who is the real? haha

shunwong

I'm not sure if this goes here but... it's pretty bizarre and I wanted to share it. Rev up your Spanish, or bear with me for a sec and I'll translate it for you.

1) "Clearly, you could never beat your mother...."
2) "Tell me, you wanna fuck......."
3) "You know very well you can't beat me [.] I'm very powerful [.] No one can beat me not even God will beat me...."

The story behind this.
>Playing ranked matches.. dicking around with my useless Hitomi
>oh boy, found someone! oh... it's pretty julieta. Crap, she always lagged like hell in DOA4.
>Despite the horrendous lag I still beat her 6KK spamming Kasumi.
>She sends the first message
>I found it pretty funny, since that day was Mother's day, so I reply with "Feliz dia, ma" ("Happy day, mom").
>Fight again. I won.
>After a couple of minutes, 2nd message.
>wat? oh, right... she used to be a camwhore. Silly me, I didn't remember. So, thanks but no thanks.
>Fight again. I lose.
>3rd message
>Ok.

And that's it. The she invited me to play some lobby matches, and I would join but the matches were painfully laggy. Like really choppy with stuttering movements and all that shit.

I hope she's ok. Collecting those M$ points is hard work.

I found pretty Julieta too in ranked. She wins first round and taunts. She loses the match and sends me a message telling me to kiss her ass. LOL

FakeSypha

I wasn't really surprised with Pretty Julieta. I played several times against her on DOA4, and she sent me butthurt messages of the same sort back then. Less sexual, maybe. Well, she offered her camwhoring services through Kinect for a bunch of M$ points.

Isn't she some sort of 'well-known' camwhore of DOA community?

Raansu

I troll a lot online but these are certainly the most interesting "messages" I have ever gotten. I beat this guy by just spamming Mila's 3f+k and 9p and was kind of funny. After he left I got 14 messages of literally nothing, even the voice messages were blank lol. He just spammed messages at me while I was playing. It was pretty damn funny.

http://i.imgur.com/M8Y5e.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD