What do you do when you're on a losing streak?

Boodendorf

So, we all know those kinds of days happen, sometimes more often than the days where you're on top of your game. But those are the worst moments, when you just keep losing no matter how hard you try, even if you somehow have one or two rounds won at the beginning of the match, you know your opponent will make a comeback somehow, and even if you don't, he'll still win. And it doesn't matter how strong or weak the guy will be, he'll win.
So what do you do in these kind of situations? Cause it's the second time I'm on one on this game lol, first time I just fought and fought till I finally played okay-ish again, but it doesn't seem to work so well right now.
Also inb4I'veneverbeeninthatkindofsituation :p.

Keved

Usually i will try to grind it out even if the game already looks gone (2-0 behind in the round count). When that losing streak reaches over 20+ losses that's when i suck it up, accept the defeat, compliment the winner & call it a day lol. Sadly however if I find myself on a winning streak, nine times out of ten the person I'm beating drops out mid-match.

I reckon it's even worse when the person you fight says something pre-match like "I've been sucking at this game lately" & then they still beat you lol.

Drake Aldan

Are you playing randoms? How's your basics? Spacing? Whiff punishing? Matchup knowledge?

If you can, you need to save your replays and analyze them to see where your weaknesses are. Correct those, and they won't exist anymore. And then you'll start winning.

It's not enough to notice that you are losing. You need to understand why you're losing, why you're getting into a downward spiral. Find out why and then correct it.

A losing streak represents a lot of data for you to study and analyze. If you're just letting that data go, you'll just continue to lose.

You need to lose to learn. Losing without learning, however, defeats the purpose of losing.

Boodendorf

Oh that's exactly what I do, everytime I lose, I ask myself "why, how, what went wrong, what did I do, what didn't I do, how should I have reacted...", and I also record myself and upload my matches on youtube simply to be able to see myself and see what other people can tell me when I show them the video.
But even when I can tell and answer every questions I asked myself, doesn't mean I'll be out of the losing streak yet. Correcting yourself isn't hard, but correcting yourself while adapting to new opponents, fighting style, characters and making sure your bad habits (like for me doing the dragon kick when the opponent is down for no reason) don't kick in, is really difficult, at least for me.
So yeah, I learn a lot but at the same time I fail at applying everything I've learnt.

Drake Aldan

So yeah, I learn a lot but at the same time I fail at applying everything I've learnt.
Then, it's just a matter of attitude. Attitude, and how much endurance you have.

I prefer to push through my losses. But, I am pretty stubborn.

Change is indeed hard, and it takes time. Sometimes a lot of time.

Persevere and keep the truth in mind. Keep trying to do the right thing, even if it hurts. You give it enough time, enough conscious effort, it'll stick.

As long as you know what is right, you have a chance.

akhi216

Standard Donor
When that happens to me, I play another one of my favorite games (Borderlands) then return to DOA5. Sometimes you need a break from playing the same game.

GLoRToR

1. What / who did I lose to?
1.a. Is the opponent a better player?
1.b. What is he better in?
1.c. What do I need to improve in?
1.d. Assess the moves I couldn't react to or reacted poorly to, and get the optimal reaction.

2. Am I in any shape to play?
2.a. After a 16 hour shift when your brain is dead, don't expect to perform high.
2.b. If you're sick, tired, or otherwise handicapped in your regular performance, don't expect to perform high.

3. Train harder.

Ooobe

Much like what Drake Aldan said. If it's a matter of attitude, rather than focusing on what you did wrong that cost you the match, you could consider looking at it more positively.
- Who cares what you did wrong? What do you need to do right in order to win?
Instead of "I shouldn't have...in that situation" go with "I should have..." instead. Focusing on what went wrong is a hard habit to break, but we tend to latch onto where our focus is, so you may want to give that a go.

Ghosty-J

During a lose streak, I just keep playing until I get a single win in. Then I simply quit while I'm still ahead and call it a night before I go all out Asura on my controller. I have lose streaks all the time and still have a hard time learning when to turn the game off and do something else XD

ExiLedSplaT

I rarely lose more than two in a row when I'm using my main. When it does happen I'm usually kind of glad because it means I'm playing someone that knows what they're doing and I might be able to learn something from them.

TakedaZX

Lol Drake dropping that knowledge. :p

Well how I handle it is I silently rage, or I just quit and go hit the lab. I become calmer by running routines over and over like the movelist, or running critical burst juggles, all the options that I find necessary. I practice. I learn frames.

I [practice].

I don't know how to save replays online without doing it in simple match, so I'm gunna have to figure that out.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I'm yet to go on a losing streak in doa5, but there are numerous things you can do if it happens. One: If you use more than one character switch to another character. You might be getting burned out on using the one you been using. Two: Take a break. Sometimes a break to do something else can cool down some steam, and clear your mindset. Three: Figure out why you losing(Gameplay wise), return to training mode. Save games(If playing rank) and go over what you doing wrong and better your play style.

TheTHCGamer

Depend on the situation usually its good to take some time away when your playing against randoms but in the case when i keep playing the same person i really try to figure out what there doing. I dont want to repeatedly lose consecutive matches to the same person but in general i just keep playing. The problem i have is sometimes i end up in a zone where i just keep playing the game and after a while im not really trying that hard to win.

One thing i think is good is to end your session on a good note whether it be leaving the room with a win or winning your last rank match. I never think its a good idea to leave bitter at the game because of how you played.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD