What does DOA mean to you?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Multiple ways. I like how it's basically a closer knit fighter since just about everyone knows one another, and there's quite a couple of half siblings also a few characters of mixed races too which I like since that gives me some positive representation. Even when there's fighters who can't stand one another, I like how the theme of relationships is very apparent across the board from the prior and newer games

As far as the fighters themselves, I like how basically all of the girls are attractive and can also kick your ass too even tho most of them don't look like they can fight at all when not in their element like Kasumi and Tamaki, and I love how everyone can take a beating and even suffer falls and ridiculously painful drops from heights and get up as if it's nothing xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That's one possibility.

You mean with Honoka and Marie Rose?
Kinda, I mean more with characters like Helena and Christie who previously had a fake trusting relationship but then Christie defied her by revealing she was an assassin and then in DOA4 gleefully revealing she was the one who killed Helena's mother

In DOA5 and onwards I felt they didn't really tackle the issue directly enough because from then on Helena acts almost like Christie didn't murder her mother. I preferred in doa4 when she showed that raw emotion of sadness into disgust before going into sheer anger, Dimensions really did a good remaking that emotion Helena had since that scene was always twisted imo. But I guess now they want to stray from that since Helena isn't into vengeance anymore.

TheHunterKiller692

I mean more with characters like Helena and Christie, who previously had a fake relationship, but then Christie defied her by revealing she was an assassin and then in DOA4 gleefully revealing she was the one who killed Helena's mother. I guess now they want to stray from that, since Helena isn't into vengeance anymore.
Way to take advantage of someone literally grieving over a dead parent. You don't think Helena would be traumatized hearing that shit?

Also, I've never liked her as a character and wanted her to die to end her arc, anyway.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

Its the attractive girls (cute & sexy), bouncing breast, different panty colors (began from DOAU via pressing different buttons), many different costumes that females wear. Which I enjoyed after I rented DOA2 Hardcore (PS2), this is My favorite series, this series gives Me reason to spend $90 on Season Pass & Paid V-Stones (aka Microtransactions), and I care about how the series is handled by both Team Ninja & Koei Tecmo (just to never have the direction that DOA6 was going during interviews ever again).

Awesmic

Standard Donor
This is gonna sound anime as fuck, but from a narrative standpoint, DOA IMO is about dreams, motivation, challenges, determination, rejection, acceptance, trust, betrayal, strength, will, friends and family... and of course, sex, violence and gambling.

As a game, however... DOA is not only great at teaching yomi in fighting games, but a great teacher in mastering your environment.

TheHunterKiller692

DOA IMO is about dreams, motivation, challenges, determination, rejection, acceptance, trust, betrayal, strength, will, friends and family. ff95f836-a221-4098-9397-bd291994a5e6.png
That's certainly true to a point.

e402637c-abd1-4846-94a1-956cdd10b207.png
Although, as a devil's advocate, I feel like Ayane's the most volatile in an environment built by trust, and Hayate's "Judge, Jury and Executioner" persona don't really give much nuance to his character, either.

The polarity between individuality and family seems to be the central theme.
Oh, absolutely.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD