What if they made a Dead or Alive HD Collection?

akhi216

Standard Donor
I'd kill for an DOA HD Collection. DOA 1-4 plus Dimensions. Hell I'd even buy a DOA 1-3 compilation for the PS Vita, DOAD would just be icing. If they made them complete with online play I'd do a backflip (and I've never done one before lol).

I was thinking that they could have the volleyball games a DLC...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'd settle for DOA++ on XBLA and PSN. Just increase the resolution, add widescreen, a training mode and online play. I'd love to be able to play that against some people.

RoboJoe

Only if doa5 turns out worse than doa3.1 would I buy any doa collection. I would like to try doa++ though to see what all the fuss is about. I might buy that.

synce

Maybe next gen when 1080p is minimum. You can already play DOA3 and U in 720p on the 360's emulator, as for DOA1 and 2 you can emulate them in HD on the PC

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Already have ++ and don't really play it much. Feels too dated for me at this point, though it's fun even to this day. I would absolutely LOVE 3.1 with online play. Hell, just a proper HD release of the game outside of Japan would be awesome.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Already have ++ and don't really play it much. Feels too dated for me at this point, though it's fun even to this day. I would absolutely LOVE 3.1 with online play. Hell, just a proper HD release of the game outside of Japan would be awesome.

Can you imagine if Team NINJA were ever to do a Dead or Alive 3 HD Remix, with an original balance mode and a remixed balance mode? Man, just makes me drool thinking about it. Lol, I mean you could even make it a DOA3U/DOA4U game package for both systems. That way, players who enjoy the stun system get what they want, and the players that enjoy the environment damage and punishment get what they want. I can't see how they can mess that up.

Kronin

Can you imagine if Team NINJA were ever to do a Dead or Alive 3 HD Remix, with an original balance mode and a remixed balance mode? Man, just makes me drool thinking about it. Lol, I mean you could even make it a DOA3U/DOA4U game package for both systems. That way, players who enjoy the stun system get what they want, and the players that enjoy the environment damage and punishment get what they want. I can't see how they can mess that up.

Seems a good idea but would remain always the problem of what version to play at the tournaments.

I know that in past there were fighting game of this kind (one of them was a Street Fighter I think): do you know if the mode to use in the tournaments was just one previously accepted by all the players?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Seems a good idea but would remain always the problem of what version to play at the tournaments.

I know that in past there were fighting game of this kind (one of them was a Street Fighter I think): do you know if the mode to use in the tournaments was just one previously accepted by all the players?

At first it was the HD Remix style. Basically, it appears that in tradition the latest version is typically the competitively played, even if the community feels that the non-latest is the better competitively.

I can't honestly answer that question because it depends on how it's remixed in balance. I would have some ideas to balance it and in my view it honestly isn't much to make it a better balanced game. You also have other things to consider, what if they put some of the doa4/doa5 characters in the engine remix mode to see how they would do in a DOA3-style system :)?

Just as an example, I'd personally suggest the following changes to it:

Gen Fu's 3P+K is -7 on guard, not +2
Gen Fu's 22/88P doesn't GB and is -9
Bass' 9K, 9P9K cause juggle knockdown
Hayate's 66_P is -7 on guard
Brad Wong gets guard breaks and possibly his hand stand stance.
Jann Lee's 66K, P2PK, 6PK are -1 instead of +1. Or it remains +1 on 66K but is -1 to -3 on 6PK and P2PK.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Speaking of DOA++, does anyone have a rip of the game's soundtrack? If not, is it possible anyone can make one?

I intend to do an OST looping project for this, the PS1 version of DOA1, the BGMs exclusives for DOA2U, and DOA3 in particular. I noticed the DOA OSTs were lacking in extended loops on Youtube (apart from DOA2), so I thought I'd play my hand.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD