What improvements would you like to see in Doa5

KoF06

Did you mean "diversity"? or are you suggesting "perverted"/"perversity"?
"perverted"/"perversity" of course !
Like you said, diversity is good too :p

Force an opponent's character to tag out (MVC3 "Snap-back")
Perhaps go 3-on-3 but may be too complicated
Good points !
What about something like a burst ?
Or somethings our parter can be a shield or something like that.

I have a question about DoA3. Everybody look love this game, but you really like things like limbo stun, free hut after wall, no destun when your opponent is on the back ?
For me it killed the game even if the rest was good.

JAG THE GEMINI

I wish you weren't all the way on the other side of the ocean heh, could use some more competitors on the east coast of the US.

Well thank you. To be honest, the DOA-communities here in europe are much smaller than the US-communities.

I can only say that it would have been a real pleasure for me to face other people from all over the world during DOA3 times. But that´s all long gone...

I have a question about DoA3. Everybody look love this game, but you really like things like limbo stun, free hut after wall, no destun when your opponent is on the back ?
For me it killed the game even if the rest was good.

Hi there KoF. Remember me from DOA4 Online back then?

And about the guaranteed wall damage. A damage revision like i said should be enough imo.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Limbo stun can be option select held out of ;) at no punishment to the person stunned. Ayane :4::F+K: does not guarantee :4::P:.

The wall stun should be Slow Escapable but not Holdable. Also, not the level of SE as DOA4. DOA4 was too much.

I do not understand your third point Gary, could you translate again?

Well thank you. To be honest, the DOA-communities here in europe are much smaller than the US-communities.

I can only say that it would have been a real pleasure for me to face other people from all over the world during DOA3 times. But that´s all long gone...

Yeah, there was a big Korean/Taiwan push back then as well. All their tournament videos were lost too :(. I think we have two of them left in our media section: Good Ayane vs Helena, Gen Fu vs Hayabusa.

JAG THE GEMINI

Yeah, there was a big Korean/Taiwan push back then as well. All their tournament videos were lost too :(. I think we have two of them left in our media section: Good Ayane vs Helena, Gen Fu vs Hayabusa.

Actually, i know those videos since years. Very good stuff! Really a pity all other videos got lost...

KoF06

I do not understand your third point Gary, could you translate again?
Sorry, I don't know , sometimes (everytime?) I'm a bit stupid ^^
I mean back stance ? if your opponent are back and in stun, it's free combo no ?
Now I doubt about everything now :p

Hi there KoF. Remember me from DOA4 Online back then?
Of course I remember !

Raansu

Sorry, I don't know , sometimes (everytime?) I'm a bit stupid ^^
I mean back stance ? if your opponent are back and in stun, it's free combo no ?
Now I doubt about everything now :p

Of course I remember !

You mean a limbo stun where their back is arched over? If thats what you mean, then no it's not a free combo. It is an option select. If the opponent attacks during the limbo stun, you can do a defensive hold. If the opponent does nothing, you just slow escape to the ground. Thus the meaning option select.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I think he's talking about backturned combos in general.

Back turned combos were not bad back in the doa2/3 eras. They were some of the very few true combos that existed in those games.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You have to remember that KoF was a tag player. In DOA3 you could knock someone into the wall and get a guaranteed back-turned combo during their wall crumple.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD