What is the frame advantage during critical hit stuns?

I have been looking at some old DOA4 frame data (because i'm too cheap to buy the DOA5 one :eek: ) and I've noticed a lot of "Cr" or Critical Hit in the "Hit" frame boxes for a lot of moves. So I am wondering, does this mean that all Critical Hits have the same frame advantage for every move/character? And if so what is this frame advantage when hitting someone?

dawnbringer

So I am wondering, does this mean that all Critical Hits have the same frame advantage for every move/character?

No, it's different for every move. Also critical stun can have different properties like forced state (standing, crouching, back-turned, knockdown) or unholdable portion.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Critical state is a stunned stated that you can defensive hold during. There's no frame advantage and your opponent can hold instantly in zero frames.

With some moves in DOA4 that left you in a critical state, you could hold, recover before your opponent and then punish them for hitting you successfully. I'm not sure if those particular moves carried over to DOA5.

Ah ok, good to know. I had a look at the sample Kasumi frame data from the DOA5 Prima guide and next to every "Cr" hit there are also two numbers now:

eg. Kasumi's basic :K: on hit is Cr[8-3], and on counter hit is Cr[23-17]

Could someone please explain to me what these two numbers mean exactly?

shunwong

JannLeeVsLaw said:
Ah ok, good to know. I had a look at the sample Kasumi frame data from the DOA5 Prima guide and next to every "Cr" hit there are also two numbers now:

eg. Kasumi's basic :K: on hit is Cr[8-3], and on counter hit is Cr[23-17]

Could someone please explain to me what these two numbers mean exactly?

Im not sure, but maybe the length of the full stun and the length of the stun if it's slow escaped at max speed?!

Akumasama

I have been looking at some old DOA4 frame data (because i'm too cheap to buy the DOA5 one :eek: )
Off topic but... where can you buy DoA5 frame data? There are some moves like stances and something else that you can't measure with the in-game frame screen, I'd love to know data about those moves.

Also where did you take DoA4 frame data? I used to have a series of PDF taken from uhm... DOAcentral I think, ages ago, but now I don't have them anymore :'(

Thanks a lot guys, really helpful as always ;)

@Akumasama, you can buy the DOA5 Prima guide from Amazon but I'm not sure if it will have data for stances. DOA4 frame data is available from the official DOA4 website, just click on the character you want

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD