What is your Platform of Choice?

You are going to play DOA6 on...

• Total voters

Raansu

I already have it pre-ordered on PS4 but I really hope they open the Steam pre-orders soon because I have full intentions of owning on both platforms. Do you think not opening pre-orders will hurt the overall sales of DoA6 on PC?

There won't be pre-orders on steam. The pre-order stuff will just be available on a extended time frame on pc.

P2p1mbs

Local game stores are unsure if they will get special editions of the game :(. I'm so torn :eek:; I want a special edition of 6 but I also want a physical copy to add to my collection but I also want the special edition stuff. If the storers only have standard editions, I'll risk buying a physical copy on release day (on either XBone or PS4, depending on which is available) but also buy some PSN store credits and buy the digital special edition and play mainly from that.

Jerk

Also noticed there's a single graphics setting on xbox demo (maybe PS4 too) that sets the game to run best for performance/framerate or visuals. I set it for visuals and the framerate was rather poor.
Can't wait for PC! :cool:

NightAntilli

I was planning on getting this for both the Xbox One and the PC. But after experiencing the demo, I will not be getting the game on Xbox One. Performance is too atrocious, so, I'm left with PC.

Raansu

I was planning on getting this for both the Xbox One and the PC. But after experiencing the demo, I will not be getting the game on Xbox One. Performance is too atrocious, so, I'm left with PC.

I hear its better in the final build, but ya on both xbox and ps4 I felt really bad input delay and some frame dips

NightAntilli

The frame dips on the Xbox One were literally game breaking. Even offline, the performance was not up to expectations.

I expect my PC to be able to handle DOA6 easily. I noticed a much better input delay as well when I got DOA5 on Steam, compared to the Xbox One version. There's no reason to get the inferior console version, particularly because in this case, there's supposed to be feature parity on all platforms (DOA5 was a mess on PC).

Raansu

The frame dips on the Xbox One were literally game breaking. Even offline, the performance was not up to expectations.

I expect my PC to be able to handle DOA6 easily. I noticed a much better input delay as well when I got DOA5 on Steam, compared to the Xbox One version. There's no reason to get the inferior console version, particularly because in this case, there's supposed to be feature parity on all platforms (DOA5 was a mess on PC).

Well offline will be played on PS4, so I kind of feel forced to play PS4 for CEO. Afraid to get comfortable with the PC version only to have to readjust to any delay present in the PS4.

Jerk

What's the reason PS4 is chosen as the main platform? Largest audience?
I would think, for consistency control. PS4s are the same whereas PCs could have all sorts of hardware/driver/software variations. Not that any of that bothers fps competitions but...

It's actually a good question. Maybe it's the popularity aspect. More audience on one platform or the other. I think it should be revisited though. I love consoles but have been slowly moving over to PCs for gaming due to performance.

Raansu

What's the reason PS4 is chosen as the main platform? Largest audience?

More or less. I cant imagine them being able to have several moderately decent PC's to run the game (especially for a small community game like doa), though that would be awesome. I'm more concerned about monitors though. I remember at DiD#7 the latency on the monitors were absolutely awful. Like it felt worse than playing online.

NightAntilli

The variety of controllers and fighting sticks is a lot bigger on PC, which could potentially bring in more players. Although there can be issues with drivers in certain cases, so from that perspective, a console is a safer bet. And you never know if Windows decides to update during a tournament lol xD But if it's kept offline it shouldn't.
I still think the move to PC would be a great one, simply because the input lag factor is reduced. It's not that expensive anymore to build a good PC either. Ryzen 5 CPU, RX 570, B450 motherboard and 16GB of DDR4 RAM and you have a very capable PC for ~$550.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gn82Cb

Not sure if the PS4 is as bad as the Xbox in terms of input lag though.

Raansu

The variety of controllers and fighting sticks is a lot bigger on PC, which could potentially bring in more players. Although there can be issues with drivers in certain cases, so from that perspective, a console is a safer bet. And you never know if Windows decides to update during a tournament lol xD But if it's kept offline it shouldn't.
I still think the move to PC would be a great one, simply because the input lag factor is reduced. It's not that expensive anymore to build a good PC either. Ryzen 5 CPU, RX 570, B450 motherboard and 16GB of DDR4 RAM and you have a very capable PC for ~$550.

That's why you set your bandwidth to metered in the windows setting. It wont download updates until you manually do it.

PandaFace

Well, aside from needing an OS lol but yeah. I don't know where this whole thing about needing uber expensive and powerful pc's for gaming came from.
I was hanging out in gamestop like 2 weeks ago when someone came in and we started chatting, got into what systems we're on, I told him I play everything but mainly PS4 and PC and he tells me
"I would play on PC but I don't wanna spend 3000 on a new pc every year to keep up with hardware."

When I told him you... DONT need to do that he starts arguing with me, so I and a gamestop employee just started laughing at him lol.

Sorry, off topic. It annoys me though lol

I will primarily be on PS4, will probably pick up on PC if there's evidence of having a decently sized player base

U_C_A_F

will be getting core fighters for both PC and PS4 and buy only Eliot on both versions until DOA6U releases

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
will be getting core fighters for both PC and PS4 and buy only Eliot on both versions until DOA6U releases
You're in a thread where we're talking about which console(s) we're going to support the game on... Saying you're not interested in supporting the game and vomiting up DOA6U jokes like an asshat...

I don't think I like you.

I'll definitely be playing on PC and PS4, though I will hold off on buying for PC until I verify they have added lobbies. I have faith they will but I'm not about to buy the PC version for ranked and training lmao I'll just stick to PS4 for the higher player count.

Raansu

You're in a thread where we're talking about which console(s) we're going to support the game on... Saying you're not interested in supporting the game and vomiting up DOA6U jokes like an asshat...

I don't think I like you.

I'll definitely be playing on PC and PS4, though I will hold off on buying for PC until I verify they have added lobbies. I have faith they will but I'm not about to buy the PC version for ranked and training lmao I'll just stick to PS4 for the higher player count.

Well if the translation is correct, consoles wont have lobbies either at launch.

Edit:

EmperorCow is playing and day 1 patch is live. No lobbies.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Well if the translation is correct, consoles wont have lobbies either at launch.

Edit:

EmperorCow is playing and day 1 patch is live. No lobbies.
Yeah I know I'm just saying once Lobbies are patched in and I confirm they're on PC as well TN will get a second copy purchase from me. Hopefully they don't make us wait too long, though my first week of play will be trying to unlock everything SP side anyway.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD