What method of sidestepping is everyone using?

Madian

Apologies if a thread for this already exists. I did a quick glance and didn't see one so I figured I would make one.

What method of sidestepping do you all use? As we all should know you can change it between 88/22 or 8/2 + P + K + H. Does anyone know what will be standard for tournaments?

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Double tap aswell, but that may change when considering advanced movement.

Tones

Premium Donor
8/2p+k+f

It's one button press away as opposed to having to go pop-pop.

Zeo

8/2p+k+f

It's one button press away as opposed to having to go pop-pop.
I found myself pulling sidestep off much quicker and easier to do it on reaction to something this way. That and I would do it accidentally while trying to move around every now and again (and I've actually eaten a good few dragon kicks and 66ks from Jann Lee because of that.)

Too bad there's no avoiding the command in ranked because it'll be whatever your opponent's sidestep command is. I honestly believe the disorientation from my command changing Every. Other. Match. has cost me more than a few matches.

Madian

I found myself pulling sidestep off much quicker and easier to do it on reaction to something this way. That and I would do it accidentally while trying to move around every now and again (and I've actually eaten a good few dragon kicks and 66ks from Jann Lee because of that.)

Too bad there's no avoiding the command in ranked because it'll be whatever your opponent's sidestep command is. I honestly believe the disorientation from my command changing Every. Other. Match. has cost me more than a few matches.

I haven't tried ranked match yet but this sounds like a huge oversight by team ninja if that's the case. You honestly can't use your own input for sidesteps online?

TakedaZX

I use 88/22 because in tag, H+P+K is the tag button. I ended up throwing a few matches just because i tried to side step then my partner ate a huge combo from the computer. -.- Fuck true fighter mode.

Sett

I use 88/22 because in tag, H+P+K is the tag button. I ended up throwing a few matches just because i tried to side step the my partner ate a huge combo from the computer. -.- Fuck true fight mode.

lol try tagging out but instead do a taunt.

FakeSypha

I'm playing on a stick and I'm way too new at that. Anyway, I'm more comfy with :2::2:/:8::8:

But I should get myself to use the other method. Can't coordinate pressing 3 buttons at the same time :oops:

Belinea

I've noticed in tag that you can't do your sidestep attack in a combo if you have it set to 8H+P+K.

Tones

Premium Donor
I'm playing on a stick and I'm way too new at that. Anyway, I'm more comfy with :2::2:/:8::8:

But I should get myself to use the other method. Can't coordinate pressing 3 buttons at the same time :oops:
Throw and kick

FakeSypha

Throw and kick
Yeah, I know. I could go even further and assign a macro for H+P+K. However, I can't stop thinking that if I use macros on a stick I would horrible person and I should feel bad for it. Call me crazy.

Madian

How do you KBD in DoA5? I was under the impression it was a movement technique in Tekken

Ghost Cobra

How do you KBD in DoA5? I was under the impression it was a movement technique in Tekken
I use Tekken wave dash command for controlled bursts or crouch, quarter circle back repeatedly going either forward or backward for rapid steps.
Here is a quick vid to show you, I'm using a myoungshin fanta.

Madian

I use Tekken wave dash command for controlled bursts or crouch, quarter circle back repeatedly going either forward or backward for rapid steps.
Here is a quick vid to show you, I'm using a myoungshin fanta.

Thanks Ghost, that was really helpful :cool:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD