Why am I so terrible at TTT2?!!

Darrell

Seriously. I think I might be the worst player to touch this game. I've played so many matches of this game, and I can't get a single win in a round. Most losses result in the opponent getting a perfect. Every time I try to attack I get hit. It's not like I'm trying to do all these un safe moves up close. Terrible terrible!

Jiraiya-Sama2390

If you're new to the game, you're gonna take losses, that simple. Work on basics such as spacing, movement, poking, block/whiff punishing, stage awareness, etc. Tekken isn't an easy game to just pick up and play

Ghosty-J

I'm the same way in Tag 2 actually. I'm pretty good at Tekken 6, but I'm absolutely horribad in TTT2 due to the emphasis on juggles and bounds being more prominent in this game compared to the former. It's much more fun fighting offline, because it'll do no good getting smacked around online by juggle freaks and Baek spammers. Baek can just go eat it -_-

Jiraiya-Sama2390

If you were "good" in T6, you shouldn't be having problems with Tag 2, and just ss against Baek. If you don't wanna get juggled, don't get launched, that simple. Block and punish the launcher, if it's unsafe

Chaos

You will have a lot homework to do when you're playing Tekken & technically its all about muscle memory baby. :cool:

X_Fact0r

One of the first thing I did when I was learning the series back in Tekken 5 days was when I could move, attack or I just needed to block. Frame data is very important in Tekken to know and not get frustrated at the game.

WebHead

this is the first tekken that ive actually taken seriously ever and I know i play better than these dumbasses that have 1000/1000 on tekken 6 and have been playin for years and only play tekken. Do I win all the time? fuck no cuz this game is filled with lucky bullshit, like the ground game is so stupid when they knock you down and can actually do high damage to you if you get stuck on the ground, its how most kids beat me, its a complete guessing game more than doa

Jiraiya-Sama2390

this is the first tekken that ive actually taken seriously ever and I know i play better than these dumbasses that have 1000/1000 on tekken 6 and have been playin for years and only play tekken. Do I win all the time? fuck no cuz this game is filled with lucky bullshit, like the ground game is so stupid when they knock you down and can actually do high damage to you if you get stuck on the ground, its how most kids beat me, its a complete guessing game more than doa

I'll just leave this here:

Daniel

Tekken is a very complicated game even I cannot get that I am a newbie aswell kinda raged so hard on that game even on basic training command like it wont let me progress.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

Tekken is a very complicated game even I cannot get that I am a newbie aswell kinda raged so hard on that game even on basic training command like it wont let me progress.

When learning moves, play the demo as much as needed to get a feel for how fast you need to hit the buttons

shunwong

I'll probably get this game in a few weeks. I sucked at Tekken 6 so I'll probably suck at TTT2 too.

What characters would you recommend to a DOA5/VF5FS player who wants to begin playing Tekken? Chinese martial arts preferably. I'm thinking Wang (as I play with Shun and Gen Fu and I need an old guy LOL) Feng and Leo.

Ghosty-J

Wang and Feng Wei sound right up your alley. The Laws are good starter characters too since they have few weaknesses and Bob is the literal definition of Mr. Strong.

shunwong

Wang and Feng Wei sound right up your alley. The Laws are good starter characters too since they have few weaknesses and Bob is the literal definition of Mr. Strong.

Thanks for your input!. I'm 100% sure about Wang. Feng, on the other hand, is too big. I tend to like smaller characters (big characters make me feel like a huge hitbox). Maybe Leo or one of the Chinese martial arts girls (chang or ling).

Leo is extremely good in TTT2 especially paired up with Lars who is easily Top 3. She is also one of the best beginner characters to use since she's pretty straight forward and synergizes with a lot of the cast. Another good beginner character and the go to guy for people that play other fighting games but haven't played Tekken is Paul, mash Death Fists and hope you get counter hit.

Feng is also really good and is a great beginner character, DJ Kor (who won Evo 2011) recommends the guy to everyone picking up TTT2. When in doubt just b1+2 and hope for the best.

shunwong

Leo is extremely good in TTT2 especially paired up with Lars who is easily Top 3. She is also one of the best beginner characters to use since she's pretty straight forward and synergizes with a lot of the cast. Another good beginner character and the go to guy for people that play other fighting games but haven't played Tekken is Paul, mash Death Fists and hope you get counter hit.

Feng is also really good and is a great beginner character, DJ Kor (who won Evo 2011) recommends the guy to everyone picking up TTT2. When in doubt just b1+2 and hope for the best.

Thanks a lot for your input! After this, it's probably going to be either Wang + Leo or Wang + Feng.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD