Why do so many people dislike the VF cast?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Don't see how any of the so called issues affect players playing them. The voices bother me as well but if it grinds your ears like a chalkboard being scratched, mute your monitor/TV. If the twerky so called animations is giving you problems, carefully get familiar with the moves. If you cannot do that then that's on "you." not the characters nor the game here.

Fredi

I just hate them in Arcade Mode only while I'm fighting against them, they are very difficult. I don't know if their difficult isn't adjusted like as DOA characters or something like that.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I dunno what the complainings about..
They flow great in DOA ..

-They have better animations than in vf
-They have holds (new for sara/jacky)
-low throws (only pai had them in vf)
-implemented critical stuns.
-added offensive ss (missing from vf5fs)
-added more moves (sarah's cb, akira's SS K.T)
- and they look 100 times better.

So the voices are a little bland. But they are classic voices kept as tribute. N they dont sound bad at all.

TN did an amazing job. The VF cast is actually more fun to use in this game than in VF, which is quite an achievement.

Argentus

Don't see how any of the so called issues affect players playing them. The voices bother me as well but if it grinds your ears like a chalkboard being scratched, mute your monitor/TV. If the twerky so called animations is giving you problems, carefully get familiar with the moves. If you cannot do that then that's on "you." not the characters nor the game here.
The question wasn't whether you have trouble playing or fighting them, its why you don't like them. You seriously need to get off that.
I dunno what the complainings about..
They flow great in DOA ..

-They have better animations than in vf
-They have holds (new for sara/jacky)
-low throws (only pai had them in vf)
-implemented critical stuns.
-added offensive ss (missing from vf5fs)
-added more moves (sarah's cb, akira's SS K.T)
- and they look 100 times better.

So the voices are a little bland. But they are classic voices kept as tribute. N they dont sound bad at all.

TN did an amazing job. The VF cast is actually more fun to use in this game than in VF, which is quite an achievement.
They did good for vf but bad for DOA is the basic issue, I think.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The question wasn't whether you have trouble playing or fighting them, its why you don't like them. You seriously need to get off that.

They did good for vf but bad for DOA is the basic issue, I think.

Read the post from the person who made the topic. Reevaluate everything that you've posted. You are welcome.

Dark-truth

I don't understand why...

I love Sarah (she's my main) and I also like using Pai as well. Jacky is a work in progress for me, and while I never use Akira, I actually love the more involved handling of these characters. I haven't played a VF game in so long, and even then all I did was play the demo at a store a few times, so it's not like it's because I'm a fan of VF, since I don't play the games.

But I honestly don't see the need for so much hate on these characters in DOA. It's already disheartening to hear so much dislike for Sarah (I get this a lot personally), but for the entire cast it just seems unnecessary. I mean you don't have to use them, and I don't often see people using these 4 very much online anyways, so why...?
I don't understand why...

I love Sarah (she's my main) and I also like using Pai as well. Jacky is a work in progress for me, and while I never use Akira, I actually love the more involved handling of these characters. I haven't played a VF game in so long, and even then all I did was play the demo at a store a few times, so it's not like it's because I'm a fan of VF, since I don't play the games.

But I honestly don't see the need for so much hate on these characters in DOA. It's already disheartening to hear so much dislike for Sarah (I get this a lot personally), but for the entire cast it just seems unnecessary. I mean you don't have to use them, and I don't often see people using these 4 very much online anyways, so why...?
well, look the virtua fighters honestly don't belong here and some effects are totally different and the stats are unfair too. Sarah has 5 bars at speed and 5 bars at power thats op in my opinion and the virtua fighters are hard to use so thats why ppl hate them too i use raidou and phase theyre both pretty hard to use so i rarely see anyone using them while most ppl bought them thats why they hate them

Argentus

well, look the virtua fighters honestly don't belong here and some effects are totally different and the stats are unfair too. Sarah has 5 bars at speed and 5 bars at power thats op in my opinion and the virtua fighters are hard to use so thats why ppl hate them too i use raidou and phase theyre both pretty hard to use so i rarely see anyone using them while most ppl bought them thats why they hate them
I think only the Bryant's are complicated. But like Akira is so overly technical that he's actually pretty mash friendly.

Otherwise yes

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
But like Akira is so overly technical that he's actually pretty mash friendly.

Otherwise yes

Argentus you are tired, go to sleep with a ice pack on your forehead. You are the "first" to called Akira.. one of the most advanced characters in the game - "Mash Friendly".

There is no such thing as unfair or OP in the game yet. Overpowered is a commonly used word, there is no unfair advantage. If they were op, they would of been banned ages ago and they are not even close to it. But that's ok, we all exaggerate at times. You are all still human, no worries.

Last edited:

Dark-truth

I think only the Bryant's are complicated. But like Akira is so overly technical that he's actually pretty mash friendly.

Otherwise yes
i dont like the vf they're not my type of ppl lol im a ninja player and i always will be ninja's for life <3

Tempest

As someone that actually plays a bit of VF on occasion I have no problem with them, beyond the fact that the DOA system makes their gameplans very different (flamingo stance is a 50/50 situation and pai really isn't a reset heavy character for starters). The voices are fine, if Jacky and Sarah's hilarious English doesn't put an occasional smile on your face then you might be allergic to fun. Though I can see why someone could hate fighting Sarah, they did make her pretty obnoxious in this game.

Argentus

Argentus you are tired, go to sleep with a ice pack on your forehead. You are the "first" to called Akira.. one of the most advanced characters in the game - "Mash Friendly".

There is no such thing as unfair or OP in the game yet. Overpowered is a commonly used word, there is no unfair advantage. If they were op, they would of been banned ages ago and they are not even close to it. But that's ok, we all exaggerate at times. You are all still human, no worries.
No in this case I'm right

It comes with the territory of being advanced, actually. When things get overly technical its essentially just gameplay clutter that winds up overlapping a lot. That's why a 3 year old can pull off extended hyper combos in Marvel by just wacking the buttons.

I tried akira a few times and just went fuck it and started pressing buttons to test him out and he wrecks shit up. You may not be able to maximize his damage or win a tourney when mashing but you can sure as fuck play him by mashing. As a vf he's twitchy enough for it to work just fine.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
No in this case I'm right

It comes with the territory of being advanced, actually. When things get overly technical its essentially just gameplay clutter that winds up overlapping a lot. That's why a 3 year old can pull off extended hyper combos in Marvel by just wacking the buttons.

I tried akira a few times and just went fuck it and started pressing buttons to test him out and he wrecks shit up. You may not be able to maximize his damage or win a tourney when mashing but you can sure as fuck play him by mashing. As a vf he's twitchy enough for it to work just fine.

No, this is incorrect because I already know the type of player you are Argentus, you do nothing but whine for things that constantly do not go in your favor, so you choose the exit because you simply choose to not absorb things. You cannot mash with a character that puts himself at a disadvantage negativity state upon block unless it's the right corresponding move. And yes, he can maximize his damage and he is definitely possible to win a tournament with him and no you cannot mash with him. You'd get blown up for that Argentus.

Argentus, put the Ice pack on. You cannot troll a troll at this point. You might as well give up and continue to complain about stuff that's not even threatening.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
This topic sure is discussed a lot lol. Personally I don't mind the VFs at all. If anything, I welcome them! They are an amazing addition to the roster and they fit in great with the DOA engine. TN did a good job with them. As for the voices and "twitchy" movements, I really don't get what the big deal is. The voices sound fine to me, although it would of been cool if they had alternate language voices such as Akira speaking English or Jacky speaking Japanese. As for the "twitchy" movements, I think all of you are exaggerating here. None of their moves seem off to me or seem out of place and I've had no trouble fighting Sarah with Shiden, and that matchup is 7-3 in Sarah's favor.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I tried akira a few times and just went fuck it and started pressing buttons to test him out and he wrecks shit up. You may not be able to maximize his damage or win a tourney when mashing but you can sure as fuck play him by mashing.
Didn't someone on the Facebook group say that they lost to their mother, who has never played DOA, let alone a fighting game, and won by mashing buttons with Akira? Very hilarious, but it also brings some validation to your point.

Argentus

No, this is incorrect because I already know the type of player you are Argentus, you do nothing but whine for things that constantly do not go in your favor, so you choose the exit because you simply choose to not absorb things. You cannot mash with a character that puts himself at a disadvantage negativity state upon block unless it's the right corresponding move. And yes, he can maximize his damage and he is definitely possible to win a tournament with him and no you cannot mash with him. You'd get blown up for that Argentus.

Argentus, put the Ice pack on. You cannot troll a troll at this point. You might as well give up and continue to complain about stuff that's not even threatening.
So you're just gonna cover your ears and go lalala then.

Gotcha.

Didn't someone on the Facebook group say that they lost to their mother, who has never played DOA, let alone a fighting game, and won by mashing buttons with Akira? Very hilarious, but it also brings some validation to your point.
Yeah pretty much lol.

People just don't like hearing that something they've worked hard on can be used without prior experience. Which I can't really fault. Id be angry too.

It's not validation if it's incorrect. If you won mashing with Akira, then "both" of the players are bad at the game.
How in denial are you lol? You can indeed mash with Akira. You won't be top dog at high level but his play style actually lends itself well to it. He has fast twitchy movements. Perfect for mashing with at a casual level.

Its ridiculously easy to just "wing it" with Akira.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Umm..no you can't. I've seen way, way too many people who try to wing it with Akira and they fail miserably. I've seen it online and offline. It's been generally agreed upon that Akira is a difficult character to master and not a character that you can mash with or pick up in one day. If you are mashing and winning, then it means you are not fighting someone who knows the game mechanics. I mean seriously. What can you possibly mash with Akira? Tell me this.

Argentus

Umm..no you can't. I've seen way, way too many people who try to wing it with Akira and they fail miserably. I've seen it online and offline. It's been generally agreed upon that Akira is a difficult character to master and not a character that you can mash with or pick up in one day. If you are mashing and winning, then it means you are not fighting someone who knows the game mechanics. I mean seriously. What can you possibly mash with Akira? Tell me this.
Difficult to MASTER yes.

Difficult to wing it? Oh hell no lol. I only played him like 5 times but he was VERY beginner friendly when mashing from my experience. He hits quickly, no recoil on his moves, and his moves hit at various angles. Aside from remembering to watch out for holds you can literally just alternate punches and kicks with him and hell keep thwacking away.

Yeah that wouldn't get me a win at high level but it doesn't disprove my point at all.

And you guys seriously gotta stop trying to just dismiss everything with "no your opponent just sucked" it makes you look desperate for an excuse lol. Even if they did, it has no bearing on Akira being easy to wing it with. He doesn't have awkward stances or anything like Sarah. His actual base movements are really basic, but surprisingly fast. He's just a lot of solid strikes. Only complicated when you try to go into setups and juggles. Fundamental though (which is all you really need in DOA), he's super easy due to his fighting style.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD