Why does Ein still exist?

JAG THE GEMINI

No he's not. At least not the power house character I considered him in DOA4 to be, his tools were much faster and they slowed down some of his most reliable buttons in DOA5. If you disagree, which it looks like, state why... (it's called debating).

Mmmhh... I never considered Ein a "Powerhouse" in DOA4 albeit He is definetely stronger there. In DOA He was a unique stun to mid launch character with usable guardcrushes even though slow cancel was OP in DOA4. But his "Power" moves like 46P or 236P did less damage and in generell He did not rely on single moves to do damage which He can and should do in DOA5 since His stun game is so poor now cause a lot of his good tools/launchers are so slow now(6P+K, 4K ect.).

TheDragonAwakens

Another reason why Ein can still exist. Hayate learns how to create shadow clones of himself but fucks up and creates an Ein clone instead. (Note that Busa has the ability to do this in NES NG2 Dark Sword of Chaos)

TheDragonAwakens

If you guys had to choose between Ein and Hayate to stay on the next game, who would you take?

I feel conflicted on this. If it was the old me I would pick Ein in a heartbeat as I used to not like Hayate. However, I have grown fond of him over time, I kind of like him now just as equally as Ein. I mean, Hayate does has some cool moves and still has some snarkiness in him.

Last edited:

TakedaZX

Another reason why Ein can still exist. Hayate learns how to create shadow clones of himself but fucks up and creates an Ein clone instead. (Note that Busa has the ability to do this in NES NG2 Dark Sword of Chaos)
Hayate. But i'd prefer both. It's kinda lame that such a great iteration of the Karate Style would have to go.

He has a lot of potential.

Hayate on the other hand is a staple at this point. You take him out and you leave a huge hole in the ninja story.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's just a feeling and not true here but it can happen. I really believe that Ein, Alpha, Leon, VFs, and other guests probably won't come back on the sequel. (just my feeling so it's unknown still).

TakedaZX

It's just a feeling and not true here but it can happen, I really believe that Ein, Alpha, Leon, VFs, and other guests probably won't come back on the sequel. (just my feeling so it's unknown still).
I agree though I think Alpha and the rest would always show back up as DLC though not the main roster.

Phase 4 I could do without though. Many of the options she has they could probably give to Kasumi. Alpha is actually unique in a sense though.

Honoka I believe should be revamped to have her own REAL moveset as well as an explanation for her hidden power.

TheDragonAwakens

It's just a feeling and not true here but it can happen. I really believe that Ein, Alpha, Leon, VFs, and other guests probably won't come back on the sequel. (just my feeling so it's unknown still).

I have huge faith that Ein and Leon will come back (unless Koei is dick towards TN again). Can't say about the others though.

I was actually hoping that there will be a Hayate/Ein clone called Epsilon - (Insert random numbers here) to be playable in the next DOA. I could see it doing Ein's wall 33T without a need of a wall (Just magically create a wall on its own like Alpha's 8T), with the last punch sending the opponent flying across the stage, breaking the glass at the same time, and a special Nakiryu throw that ends with Ein's 3T.

UpSideDownGRUNT

If you're gonna remove Ein entirely then either bring back Hayate with a hybrid of Mugen Tenshin and Karate ala DOA3 or just give Hitomi his 3P, WRK etc.

As long as SOMEONE has those moves I'll play them, since badass personality aside it is mostly the move set that stops me from dropping Ein for Hitomi/Hayate.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I said it a long time ago but TN had a chance to keep Ein in the vanilla roster when Hayate was captured and MIST attempted to re-execute Project Epsilon (I was so giddy when that was happening and so disappointed when it didn't). The main reason why Ein could make it into the main roster in 6 would be that the project had a delayed success and Hayate forgot who he was until whoever he is fighting in that particular moment beat the memory back into him or he had another DOA2 revelation.

Alpha would make it in only strictly because of flashbacks or because of a test by the Phase 4 to test if an "upgraded" version could still be better than the Alpha projects.

Leon has no plot relevance unless they make something up at this point or finally give us something about his relationship with Bayman or Bayman asks for his help for something (nearly dies traveling through the desert looking for Leon would be an interesting plot twist. "You do this all the time?"). He would be the first character I would expect to not make it in at this point because he made his peace with Lauren and has nothing going for him at this point unless Lauren gets the Raidou treatment.

KnacKrover

I said it a long time ago but TN had a chance to keep Ein in the vanilla roster when Hayate was captured and MIST attempted to re-execute Project Epsilon (I was so giddy when that was happening and so disappointed when it didn't). The main reason why Ein could make it into the main roster in 6 would be that the project had a delayed success and Hayate forgot who he was until whoever he is fighting in that particular moment beat the memory back into him or he had another DOA2 revelation.

Alpha would make it in only strictly because of flashbacks or because of a test by the Phase 4 to test if an "upgraded" version could still be better than the Alpha projects.

Leon has no plot relevance unless they make something up at this point or finally give us something about his relationship with Bayman or Bayman asks for his help for something (nearly dies traveling through the desert looking for Leon would be an interesting plot twist. "You do this all the time?"). He would be the first character I would expect to not make it in at this point because he made his peace with Lauren and has nothing going for him at this point unless Lauren gets the Raidou treatment.

I've been think about from that bold line since he made to came back in DOA5U version, also they've a few hints about him and Bayman,though. I mean that will be come up to something like the cut scene between both them how they're react when they meet again each other? what's Bayman purpose for? now talk about not to make to next DOA if Leon not revealed for vanilla version it, it would be quite disappoint 'cause Leon have many opportunities to reveal his story that never explain, in DOA6 like what's he doing for his entire life after he'd finally make peace? Is the delusion about lost lover still haunted him? one more thing. Change his look but keep more buff like he used to (probably it's better and maybe add his new facial hairs which is my favorite part of him).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Random note, I hear Hayate/Ein's JPN VA (Hikaru Midorikawa) is going to retire voice acting soon to pursue a different career once DBS finishes and One Piece. It'll be a long time for that to happen anyway, but just for the heads up if DOA6 brings both back then we might expect a different VA entirely if it releases after or before then, who knows.

Incase anyone wants to know, he voices Tien in DBS and I don't know who he voices for One Piece but I hear he wants to stop after those two.

Last edited:

TakedaZX

That's unfortunate but for all we know if the big annoucement is DOA6 for real thrn his lines may already be done. I'd hope so...

On the other hand... Yuri Lowenthal tho.

Ol Sasuke ass Hayate ass nigga.

UpSideDownGRUNT

It's a shame, nobody else will ever capture the magic of "dare ni mo tomare ren" like Midorikawa did.

It'd be like if Hideyuki Hori ever stopped voicing Hayabusa. But if its not until after DBS that could still be a while yet. Unless Super ends after the current arc(I really doubt that). Hayate should be fine for DOA6 if its in the next 1-2 years.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yeah, I mean we still might have his ENG VA if anyone turns it on. Other than that, they'll still try to get someone who will sound similar still right? might be some hope still and maybe a slight bit of 1-2 voice clips that probably will be off on Hayate/Ein but I don't think TN will get someone who will sound like "completely" off. (err...at least I hope not lol).

Actually, DOA6 could take years after or something within story so we could just use this and assume Hayate is just getting older with a more ruffed voice of age or something. Inside improvise? oh snap.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD