Why Phase 4 is considered unsafe whereas characters such as Ayane are safe?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well, Phase 4 has 9f jab, 11f mid and 14f mid tracking, so I don't think she would get too much trouble for open up anyone. She's just not strong in aggressive play because she's lacking the long string to mix thing up. Be patient and wait for the chance to strike back, once you get a counter hit and stun the opponent, you will gain control.
Those are quick, but they don't really help her case. The opponent can still block, and if they know those are her quickest neutral options, they can easily read you and they'll eat you up badly for it. If she had Kasumi's 6P2K or 3P2K, She'd be good, but she unfortunately doesn't have those. She doesn't have a lot of lows, so all the opponent has to do is continually block until you can actually find something to open them, like 46T or PP2K

Those are quick, but they don't really help her case. The opponent can still block, and if they know those are her quickest neutral options, they can easily read you and they'll eat you up badly for it. If she had Kasumi's 6P2K or 3P2K, She'd be good, but she unfortunately doesn't have those. She doesn't have a lot of lows, so all the opponent has to do is continually block until you can actually find something to open them, like 46T or PP2K
I did say she's not strong enough in agressive play, but it doesn't mean she gonna be eaten badly. If your opponent are good at block, they will know how to block your "Kasumi' low strings" and punish it. If they can't block the low hit, then it's a beautiful life.
Let say life is hard and they can block the low. Then it gonna be all about the timing to block and strike back (throw = mind game, so I don't count it here). My opinion is simple, the faster you are, the more advantage you get in the timing game. Of course, Phase 4 does have fastest strike in the game.
That's why I suggest playing Phase 4 patiently and waiting for the right timing to strike back.

Tenro

imo , p4's strongest move is her 2p rather than the jab or the 6p because it's similar to chrisite's 9p in the sense that they both are neutral on hit which basically means that if you learn to chuck these moves in between your free cancels , ur pretty much getting almost a "guaranteed second chance" to hit a button . i am myself trying to include christie's 9p in my gameplay.

as far as safety is concerned , ayane is NOT a safe character , mind you . she only feels safe because of her godlike delays in her strings which demands respect from even the highest level of players .

p4 has only 1 problem , if she cannot start her teleport shenanigans or is kept away from you , she's pretty much locked .

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD