Will we be able to mod things beyond costumes with PC version?

Argentus

Like replacing the menus with classic style ones, or creating custom music selections?

Because I would love to do both of those things. Hell, I'm even gonna make an Aerosmith opening video using clips from recorded matches.

31gma

With a lot of interest from the modding community, I wouldn't be surprised if they can alter the vertex as well (hit boxes, movement, etc.) It's just a matter of how restricted the encryption codes are.

lotr9690

Like replacing the menus with classic style ones, or creating custom music selections?

Because I would love to do both of those things. Hell, I'm even gonna make an Aerosmith opening video using clips from recorded matches.
mr-t-lol.gif

Haha yes! Haven't you modded before!? Just kidding. Honestly the aesthetic crap is easy. It totally depends on how many people are working on it. In like a year or two it will be easy to mod LR. The thing is people like me and... really all the other modders that I know are spending our time with other games like DA:I, AC Unity, Rogue, FF13 Trilogy on steam etc and after that I will be working on the Witcher 3, Darksouls 2, MK10 etc.. and after that I will be working on Final Fantasy 7 that is being re-released... as well as FF15 on my PS4. Nerds are busy people. Or stupid. Or both.

Argentus

mr-t-lol.gif

Haha yes! Haven't you modded before!? Just kidding. Honestly the aesthetic crap is easy. It totally depends on how many people are working on it. In like a year or two it will be easy to mod LR. The thing is people like me and... really all the other modders that I know are spending our time with other games like DA:I, AC Unity, Rogue, FF13 Trilogy on steam etc and after that I will be working on the Witcher 3, Darksouls 2, MK10 etc.. and after that I will be working on Final Fantasy 7 that is being re-released... as well as FF15 on my PS4. Nerds are busy people. Or stupid. Or both.
Nope, never modded before. Did start trying to make Digimon equipment for Skyrim, but I was never happy with anything I made so I never learned how to import it in.

lotr9690

Nope, never modded before. Did start trying to make Digimon equipment for Skyrim, but I was never happy with anything I made so I never learned how to import it in.
Ah, I see. Well, Skyrim's a good starting point if you'd like to practice for LR. It's not that hard. There are a ton of tools and guides to help you; just for the importing part. If you're planning on modding LR ever I would at least tinker around with the tools. Maybe even take a look at the Xentax wiki at some of the tools (what DOA5 modders used). It seems like you're the most active one in DOA's modding scene lol. Any bit of practice will help whether it's Skyrim or DOA3 or the Sims etc. etc. It's all going to be helpful. Plus you'll be able to give Mila blue hair ;)

Baal bal

Mod other things than outfits ?
-Stages textures into HD
-Fix those horrible AA problems
-Overall better texture for the males, including muscles (well,it's a bit the same as outfit thought)

(To sum up : everything TN should have done themselves from the start in a graphic point)

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
modding will be possible but question is will you have time for it XD

i might get the pc version to just fool around with hacks if they peek my interest.

d3v

I'm just talking about making DOA5 feel like a real DOA game :D
Imagine being able to mod the gameplay and make it play more like 3.1 with more natural combos, frame traps, free stepping linear attacks, etc.

Argentus

So what's your definition of a real doa game then? doa4?
doa5 core mechanics (Minus gimmicky stuff like cliffhangers, power blows, power launchers, and crit bursts) with doa32u4 everything else (menus, intro movies, arcade ending, music, stages, atmosphere, etc)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD