DOA5LR "WOOHOOO!!!" Zack's Ducking and Swaying Disco Dance Off.

Lulu

Introduction
Wassup ! Say high to Zack... The Frame Shaving Monster. Okay so I've tested a few of the "Stance Character" Characters over the Weekend and Zack, by a very large margin, shaves alot of recovery off his moves if he cancels into his two primary stances... ofcourse its not enough to give him positive frames but it is plenty to turn very unsafe moves into semi-safe at the very most.

Duck Cancelling(:2::P+K:)

Swaying :2:

1.:P::P::2_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-7/-7) Needs Further Testing​

2.:2::P::2_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-6/-3)
Recovery Difference: -2
Notes: Now this is awesome, not many characters have a threatening low punch, the fact that Zack can cancel into his Ducking Stance from his makes him a forced to be reckoned with.
3.:3::3::P::P::2_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-14/Launcher)
Recovery Difference: +3
Notes: This one two upper cut isn't bad at all.... but there's two other ways you can get the uppercut by itself, the problem with this one is it maybe abit telegraphed. The good news is this is the safest way to peform the Twister Uppercut.
4.:4::K::2_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-1/+4)
Notes: The only kick That allows Zack to enter his Ducking Stance is something to be valued immensely.
5.:2::K::P::2_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-3/+3)
Recovery Difference: +4
Notes: Even without canceling into the Ducking Stance this setup has great mix up potential, but cancelling into the stance pretty much doubles the the amount of trouble you can cause with it.
6.:3::3::K::P::2_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (+11BG/+22SDS)
Recovery Difference: +19
Notes: Okay this one almost tripped me up..... on Block you'l get an +11 Guard Break if if the punch connects.... the kick is irrelevant..... but on hit the Kick will launch the opponent into the air and all though the punch will still connect.... that will be the end of it (as far as mid weights are concerned). However if only the punch connects on hit the you will get a Sit Down Stun.... you can also probably get big enough bound to combo off of on counter hit. Its important to know that there is quite a lengthy duration in between the attacks and it won't take long for people to hold it on reaction.
7. :6::6::P+K::2_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (+12GB/+27SDS)
Recovery Difference: +20
Notes: This move is all kinds of Awesome.... its highly telegraphed but as long as it doesn't held or side stepped then the benefits are awesome. It guard breaks with +11 advantage on block and it grants an awesome sit down stun on hit.... on counter hit it will bound an opponent high enough for a short combo. Its also particularly good after a critical burst.
8.:7::P+K::2_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: PL (-14/KD)
Recovery Difference: -3
Notes: Zack's Power Launcher, this move is so good you can use it raw regardless of how much disadvantage it puts you in.... well up to a point.
9.:3::P+K::2_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-19/L)
Recovery Difference: -2
Notes: This has to be one of the most frustrating moves to throw punish since cancelling into the ducking stance will make Crouch but not cancelling it will make him stand..... still needs further testing.​

Sway Cancelling (:4::P:)

Ducking :4:

1.:P::P::4:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-6/-6)
Recovery Difference: 0
Notes: This is the same on two jab from his swaying stance.... might aswell get accustomed to it since being in the swaying stance does open up your options abit.
2.:7::P::4:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-1/+18)
Recovery Difference: +10
Notes: Zack's High Elbow.... you may have seen it in his combo challenge, the fact that it shaves off alot of recovery makes it pretty good for juggling.... plus its super safe on block.
3.:3::P::4:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-8/-7)
Recovery Difference: +6
Notes:
4.Ducking :P::4:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-1/+14)
Recovery Difference: +8
Notes: This will grant you a normal crumple stun on it.
5.Ducking :P::P::4:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-4/FCS)
Recovery Difference: +5
Notes: Now this is what you want to be Going for.... The second punch will grant you a Falling Crumple Stun which your opponent can not stagger escape out of granting you an execellent oppertunity to use Zack's highest damaging throw.
6.Ducking :P::P::6::P::4:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-1/FCS)
Recovery Difference: +8
Notes: This move has the same properties as #4 except you get keep the Falling Crumple Stun.
7.Ducking :P::P::6::P::6::P::4:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-4/FCS)
Notes: has the same Properties as #5.​

Fake Roll(:236::h:)

1.:P::P::8_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-6/-6)
Recovery Difference: 0
2.:P::P::P::8_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-2/+33)
3.:236::P::8_:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-4/+30)

Side Roll(Ducking :2_:/:8_:)

While Swaying Moves (:4::P:)

1.:K::K: Tumbling Wheel
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: i14...76 (-8/Bounce)
Notes: This move is very impractical, the first kick is decent because it comes out pretty quick, but its like -50 on block and Knocks Down on hit.... however the second kick does not go active for a pain staking 76 Frames after the impact of the first.... it is however Alot safer on block but its still unsafe at -8... landing this kick on Counter Hit will bounce the opponent off the floor high enough for a follow attack.
2.:P+K:Crazy Headbutt
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: i17 (-8/+27)
Notes: This is Zack's other Critical Burst.... its three frames faster than his normal critcal burst.... but the down side is it can only be accessed from his swaying stance, which can make it seem abit Telegraphed.
3.:6::P+K:Funky Roll
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hold: i22 (-8/-28)
Notes: Now this move is crazy awesome :) its called the Funky Roll but its also been given the nick name: Blanka Ball. Anyway this move is all about space, it crushes standing low attacks and on hit can knock an opponent Full Screen Distance. On Block it breaks the Opponents Guard but leaves Zack at -8....3.7 METERS AWAY.... it can't be punished even if Zack's back is against the wall, ge will push the opponent charging up the Blanka Ball and then push them back even further when it connects. This is because Zack Ricochets off the opponent when the Blanka Ball connects. It doesn't have a holding Animation so you get a Side Step hold instead... now this is where it gets even more interesting when this move gets held it leaves Zack at -28 about 1 Meter away from the opponent, Zack will be BT at this point..... so some way some how it can be punished.
4.:H+P: Head Grab
(Dis)Advantage On Break/On Completion: i11 (-5/+5)
Notes: the move isn't actually called the Head Grab... that was my idea since it didn't have a name... anyway... this is actually an incomplete throw.... you'l only be at advantage if you don't complete throw and the enemy doesn't break it.... if they do Break it then you will be at a major disadvantage... so be sure what you want to do with this throw before you initiate it.
5.:H+P::5::H+P: Push Away
(Dis)Advantage On Break/On Completion: i11 (-5/+15)
Notes: Okay so this is one version of the completed throw.... it grants Zack at nice 15 Frame Advantage over a 1.58 Meter Distance. The throw doesn't deal any damage. Still need to test it on walls.
6.:H+P::5::4::H+P::5::H+P: Twist push Away
(Dis)Advantage On Break/On Completion: i11 (-5/+15)
Notes: For the most Part this throw serves the same purpose as the previous. The big difference is its a three part throw instead of two so it it gives the opponent twice as many opportunities to break the throw. Another thing to note is the 2nd Part of the throw repositions your opponent all the way in the opposite Direction.
7.:H+P::5::4::H+P::5::K: Twist Leaping Knee
(Dis)Advantage On Break/On Completion: i11 (-5/KB)
Notes: This throw is identical to the previous one with the one exception being that instead of granting you advantage.... it allows you to perform a knee for damage instead.... this will knock the opponent back 3.7Meters... throw however is still breakable.
8.:H+P::5::K::5::4::H+P::5::H+P: Knee into Twist Push Away
(Dis)Advantage On Break/On Completion: i11 (-5/+15) 1.58M
Notes: Okay this grab is different... if you start with the knee then you don't get the Leaping Knee version... instead you'l get a weaker knee attack and the oppertunity to continue the the combo throw. This one specifically is like #6 execpt you get to damage your opponent once before you push them away in the opposite direction.... the obvious risk is that it takes even more steps giving your opponent more chances to break the Combo.
9.:H+P::5::K::5::4::H+P::5::K: Knee into Twist Leaping Knee
(Dis)Advantage On Break/On Completion: i11 (-5/KB) 3.7M
Notes: Now this throw is just like the previous throw except Zack is exchanging the Frame Advantage from Pushing the opponent away for the same Damaging Leaping Knee from #7
10.:H+P::5::K::5::K::5::H+P: Twist Knee into Push Away
Notes: This is the the throw you should be striving for when practising this move. Its does the exact same thing as #8 but instead of using a throw to reverse your opponents position, Zack does it with a knee instead, specifically the second Knee and still allows you to get the advantage Push away afterwards and it doesn't require more steps. you get more damage plus the same +15 Frame advantage.
11.:H+P::5::K::5::K::5::K: Twist Knee into Leaping Knee
Notes: This throw is exactly like the previous throw except Zack is exchanging the Frame Advantage from Pushing the opponent away for the Damaging Leaping Knee.
12.:H+P::5::K::5::K::5::4::H+P::5::H+P: Twist Knee into Twist Push Away
Notes: So this throw is identical to to #10... it does the same amount of damage and grants you the same amount of advantage.... but it has one extra step. Thats because it reverses your opponent twice meaning they get pushed away from the same position they started getting thrown from.... just like in #5. The reason you want to do this is if you want the damage and advantage from #10 but don't want them to be in the opposite direction... if you think your timing is that good for a 5 step Combo Throw then this will be a great tool in the environmental strategy. its also as close as DoA gets to Virtua Fighter's Goh Hinogami.
13.:H+P::5::K::5::K::5::4::H+P::5::K: Twist Knee into Twist Leaping Knee
Notes: This throw is exactly like the previous throw except Zack is exchanging the Frame Advantage from Pushing the opponent away for the Damaging Leaping Knee.
14.:2: Duck​

While Ducking Moves (:2::P+K:)

1.:P::4:Duck Hook
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: i15 (-9/+6)
2.:P::P::4:Double Duck Hook
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: i15 (-9/+9)
3.:P::P::P: Short Roll Uppercut
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: i15 (-9/Launch)
4.:P::P::6::P::4: Triple Duck Hook
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: i15 (-9/+6)
5.:P::P::6::P::P: Long Roll Uppercut
6.:P::P::6::P::6::P::4:Endless Zack Roll
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: i15 (-9/+9)
7.:P::P::6::P::6::P::P: Zack Roll Uppercut
8.:K: Duck Knee
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: i19 (-8/Launch)
9.:P+K: Duck Smash
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: i12 (-13/Launch)
10.:H+P: Head Grab
(Dis)Advantage On Break/On Completion: i8 (-5/+5)
Notes: the move isn't actually called the Head Grab... that was my idea since it didn't have a name... anyway... this is actually an incomplete throw.... you'l only be at advantage if you don't complete throw and the enemy doesn't break it.... if they do Break it then you will be at a major disadvantage... so be sure what you want to do with this throw before you initiate it.
11.:H+P::5::H+P: Push Away
(Dis)Advantage On Break/On Completion: i8 (-5/+15) 1.58M
Notes: Okay so this is one version of the completed throw.... it grants Zack at nice 15 Frame Advantage over a 1.58 Meter Distance. The throw doesn't deal any damage. Still need to test it on walls.
12.:H+P::5::4::H+P::5::H+P:Twist push Away
Notes: For the most Part this throw serves the same purpose as the previous. The big difference is its a three part throw instead of two so it it gives the opponent twice as many opportunities to break the throw. Another thing to note is the 2nd Part of the throw repositions your opponent all the way in the opposite Direction.
13.:H+P::5::4::H+P::5::K:Twist Leaping Knee
(Dis)Advantage On Break/On Completion: i8 (-5/KB) 3.7M
Notes: This throw is identical to the previous one with the one exception being that instead of granting you advantage.... it allows you to perform a knee for damage instead.... this will knock the opponent back 3.7Meters... throw however is still breakable.
14.:H+P::5::K::5::4::H+P::5::H+P:Knee into Twist Push Away
Notes: Okay this grab is different... if you start with the knee then you don't get the Leaping Knee version... instead you'l get a weaker knee attack and the oppertunity to continue the the combo throw. This one specifically is like #6 execpt you get to damage your opponent once before you push them away in the opposite direction.... the obvious risk is that it takes even more steps giving your opponent more chances to break the Combo.
15.:H+P::5::K::5::4::H+P::5::K:Knee into Twist Leaping Knee
Notes: Now this throw is just like the previous throw except Zack is exchanging the Frame Advantage from Pushing the opponent away for the same Damaging Leaping Knee from #7
16.:H+P::5::K::5::K::5::H+P:Twist Knee into Push Away
Notes: This is the the throw you should be striving for when practising this move. Its does the exact same thing as #8 but instead of using a throw to reverse your opponents position, Zack does it with a knee instead, specifically the second Knee and still allows you to get the advantage Push away afterwards and it doesn't require more steps. you get more damage plus the same +15 Frame advantage.
17.:H+P::5::K::5::K::5::K:Twist Knee into Leaping Knee
18.:H+P::5::K::5::K::5::4::H+P::5::H+P:Twist Knee into Twist Push Away
Notes: So this throw is identical to to #10... it does the same amount of damage and grants you the same amount of advantage.... but it has one extra step. Thats because it reverses your opponent twice meaning they get pushed away from the same position they started getting thrown from.... just like in #5. The reason you want to do this is if you want the damage and advantage from #10 but don't want them to be in the opposite direction... if you think your timing is that good for a 5 step Combo Throw then this will be a great tool in the environmental strategy. its also as close as DoA gets to Virtua Fighter's Goh Hinogami.
19.:H+P::5::K::5::K::5::4::H+P::5::K:Twist Knee into Twist Leaping Knee
20.:4: Sway

Every single strike in Zack's Ducking Stance hits Mid, So its mostly a 50/50 Guess... the good news you don't have to worry about Low Holds, which is a great way to break out Zack's Head Grab Throw.
The Advantage for Zack's Duck Hook Series is only for if the last hit is successful. Getting more than one successful hit will grant you a Falling Crumple Stun... and thats a good thing. :)

Conclusion
I actually don't use Zack at all so theres alot missing from this thread, the data is sort of useful but it doesn't cover the nuances of what each of his stances do. so if anybody has anything to add then please get intouch.

Last edited:

Lulu

I hope the coloured Text shows nicely on FSD Light for everybody... I wana be inclusive. :oops:

Lulu

Okay theres quite alot of these moves that need some serious testing..... beyond what I'm currently capable of Doing..... anybody up to the task ? ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD