Yes or No to Patch?

Do you plan to play DOA5 more after reviewing patch details?

• Total voters

DR2K

LOL. Sega has done pretty well with VF5FS. Better than with VF5 anyway.

I just find it hilarious that The VF characters were completely omitted/removed from Sonic Racing and another company is actually promoting the series even more.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Eh final strike wasn't that far away,they're doing better than Megaman from what I'm hearing that franchise hasn't gotten touched in years by Capcom

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
@silver
I don't know about Sarah and Akira but Pai wasn't necessarily buffed. They increased her stun potential while decreasing her juggle potential. I find it more baffling that would nerf ANYTHING about the VF characters. They're guests, it's kind of an insult to Sega.

All changes done to VF characters must have SEGA's approval before going through. This takes a long time to get due to the nature of Japanese business.

Sufficed to say, it's not an insult if they agree to it.

Naka80

I agree with most of th balance changes and I think that ALL the system changes are good!!!
I can't wait! ;)

Dave

Hm... I really would have liked the Xbox to have the feature to upload replays to Youtube. I want to save some of my matches to my PC. Don't get why they removed the option to choose a stage in ranked. So people don't choose the Dojo? IDGI. Also, what does it mean when it says character selection will be invisible to opponents? They won't see the character I choose before battle? That makes no sense. Overall I guess I am ok with it. Too early to tell though. Changes made to Sarah seem good, want to try them out. What is all this about playing ranked matches to unlock costumes? Why is there one for Akira, Sarah, Pai, Gen Fu, and Alpha-152? Which costumes are these? The free DLC ones? Why add unlock options for them if they are free?

EDIT: NVM, I guess they are alternative unlock methods for them as playable characters. For a second I thought they may have added the other costumes for the Virtua Fighter characters from VF5:FS.

phoenix1985gr

For starters 7P,7PP,7PPP is a mid.

How is that a nerf? Thats a buff actually, it makes this slow ass string maybe usable and if you ll find someone not countering the 2nd p its a true mix up between the cb and the throw... The high string was easily escaped with a low hold...

I dont understand the logic at some changes... Characters like elliot and zack are unchanged (some minor tweeks) characters like ayane kasumi SARAH, akira buffed (not sure about one change for kasumi) and characters like mila and kokoro geting nerfed for no reason while others are mostly the same like leifang and gen fu... From a personal standing im happy since the characters i use are all good but i think some characters got buffed for no reason while characters that needed more help didnt get anything...

ps im definetely gonna invest the time to learn sarah now lol

Edit: why is there no mention on the treshold glith of jahn and sarah??? i really hope they didnt forget to remove them

synce

Maybe TN knows something about Eliot that we don't, or they secretly hate him and only put him in the game to lure in fujoshi. I also don't understand the nerf to Kokoro or buff to Ayane but hey...

DontForkWitMe

i main eliot so my answer is

bryannolnekf.gif

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
One of my biggest problems with the patch is actually not a part of the character tweaking, but the ranked match stuff.

If you're playing ranked match, you're supposed to be taking a risk. Now it's pick and choose! Don't wanna fight Rikuto? DON'T! We're going to display his name, his grade, his win ratio so you can pass! Tired of fighting Alpha? Tired of Jann Lee? Just pass up on the fight!

The only thing that should be visible in ranked is connection. If you want to play ranked you deserve to sink or swim. If you don't want that, join a lobby.

synce

Yes I have a feeling if you're too good your opponent pool just got a lot smaller thanks to the new filtering system. On the positive side it means less scrubs for you to waste your time with. :cool: (Glass half full...)

People who live in small countries will probably be seriously fucked with this patch though, since lobbies won't even show up for you if host only wants 4-5 bar connections, and everyone will refuse you in ranked.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Let's add the fact that I'm an Alpha player. Who is apparently "stupid." I wonder if they will see my titles as well.

Though I expect many good players to get kicked. Not just Alpha's, but Lee, Ninjas... anyone that is thought to be annoying in the community.

synce

When people see Alpha's BURST take like 60% of their HP they will definitely ignore you... even though it serves their counter whoring ass right. :confused:

Omegan Eckhart

I'm torn with this patch. The system changes sound amazing but seeing as most characters are still stuck playing DOA4 and the top tiers are still head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of avoiding the counter system I'm not sure I give a fuck.

It's not much fun watching some characters setting up incredible guaranteed combo's then going back to your character who can't guarantee shit at all. If I'm stuck playing the stun game 24/7 I might as well play DOA4, at least that game had interesting stages.

Batcommander

I'm torn with this patch. The system changes sound amazing but seeing as most characters are still stuck playing DOA4 and the top tiers are still head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of avoiding the counter system I'm not sure I give a fuck.

It's not much fun watching some characters setting up incredible guaranteed combo's then going back to your character who can't guarantee shit at all. If I'm stuck playing the stun game 24/7 I might as well play DOA4, at least that game had interesting stages.

yes, i agree with you on that! DOA5 stages are so boring compared to past games :(

Also, i really hate how stingy they are with guaranteed options. It's clear who they want to be on top, and who they want to remain "guessing" characters, which is so silly.

Ghosty-J

We can all agree on the fact that looking at the scenery is nearly the equivalent of watching paint dry. Paint with dark and dim colors no less. The low-intensity cliched movie soundtrack doesn't make things any better DX

Omegan Eckhart

Also, i really hate how stingy they are with guaranteed options.
EVERY character should have one sit down stun that is +21 at least so they can set up guaranteed CB combo's. I guess TN thinks that would take away character individuality where in fact it would just give every character access to DOA5's new game play mechanic's.

dawnbringer

EVERY character should have one sit down stun that is +21 at least so they can set up guaranteed CB combo's.

They would still need to land the move with stun. It reduces number of hits to reach CB, but does not change the game. Meanwhile, you can use launcher instead of sit down stun move for your guaranteed damage. Or wall-splatting move.

And by the way, +21 is not enough for most CBs.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Well, the patch doesn't add Tengu, so...

Seriously though, the system changes sound awesome aside from being able to decline ranked opponents. As for the balancing changes, I still don't have a main to be happy or upset about regarding any buffs or nerfs. However, I will say that Kokoro's nerfs seemed unnecessary and the fact that they didn't really help Eliot at all irritates me even though I don't play him. He was already arguably the worst character and his position might now be solidified.

I might as well play DOA4, at least that game had interesting stages.

Well, I won't argue that DOA5 doesn't have the best selection of stages in the series, but imo they're better than DOA4's. I hated every stage in DOA4 aside from Gambler's Paradise and DOATEC Great Hall, and even those stages weren't that great. Ninja Hideout can burn in Hell.

The new soundtrack certainly sucks hairy Butters' chin balls though.

Omegan Eckhart

They would still need to land the move with stun. It reduces number of hits to reach CB, but does not change the game. Meanwhile, you can use launcher instead of sit down stun move for your guaranteed damage. Or wall-splatting move.

And by the way, +21 is not enough for most CBs.
Almost every CB attack is 20 frames, I think I saw one that was 19 frames. +21 is taking into account slow escaping so I don't see how it isn't enough.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD