"You'll never be alone again, Mathilda." [Mila General Discussion]

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So apparently, GamerBee is picking up DOA5 and maining Mila.
Gamerbee? Let's see if I remember this one.

Was he the guy who capitalized on the Rufus Shinra player's assumption that Adon was useless in that Fighting Street 4 Super Edition game a few years back at Evo by proving him wrong?

Jefffcore

I noticed some Mila players looking kinda lost after doing her 2t, so this is for them

:2::F+P::9::K::P+K::2::F+P::P::P::P:

You'll probably get it on CH, which is 60 dmg guaranteed and 105 if mount is unbroken

For heavies use ppp6p after the 9k. You can use it for lights too if you're near a wall for the extra damage, I prefer the mount personally

- You could also do ppp, pp6k and go for CB on Heavy weights, rather than knocking them across the screen.

- I didn't realize until yesterday that Mila has a 3rd attack when her mount is broken, so I'd say let people break the last hit and make them guess p, or 2p. 2p is her 1p from standing, so it can't be SS'd like the other 2.

Is the OP ever gonna be updated?

d3v

Gamerbee? Let's see if I remember this one.

Was he the guy who capitalized on the Rufus Shinra player's assumption that Adon was useless in that Fighting Street 4 Super Edition game a few years back at Evo by proving him wrong?
Yep. He also got 2nd place at this years EVO in AE2012.

shinryu

Has anybody figured out a use for 8k? It seems to be the only move of her's that's literally useless, since f+k does everything it does better (just as fast, circular, more damaging, and gets you a ground throw if they don't tech).

Incidental note; didn't know if this was common knowledge, but you can get ground throws off the 6p6p and 66p knockbacks if you run up and they don't tech. The timing's a little weird but it's doable.

Jefffcore

I don't use 8k or F+K, I don't like making a habit of knocking people really far away unless the damage is worth it.

synce

Anyone find any slope juggles? This is all I got lol

(launch) 9k, 3pp, 6p6p

Works on lights only... for heavies I use non-slope juggles that normally only work on lights

Good place to screw around is ice stage... 2kp,k,cb,launch,slope

Creaper609

3H+K is an amazing whiff punshier for wake up kicks. I had a lot of luck with it in ranked tonight.

I'm still getting use to everyones' terminology here, forgive me if I'm wrong. I also use this to punish wiffs and wakeup kicks. A quick wavedash back from close range on a down opponent seems to bait wakeup kicks pretty often. I think this kick is also invincible to lows (is the term crushing?). It also seems to give a guaranteed ground grab when landed. I'm not sure what to do in the event it gets blocked. Is it neutral on block? What kind of follow-ups does everyone do on block?

I like 4K a ton as well. It's great for making space, it's neutral on hit, and it seems to beat out a lot at max range. I usually use it to 4K until out of range and then 4H+K for some cheap pokes. I also like to follow 4K up with her half circle back takedown. What I do really comes down to if the person is blocking or pushing buttons.

The mounted takedown is what I constantly go for. I try to land punches during the combo throw and don't mind if it gets teched. She is at an advantage when it gets broken and it allows for some nice mix-ups. If they press buttons, 6K(or is it 9K?) beats out nearly everything and launches. If they block, you can go right back into her takedown. Pretty tricky stuff.

That's my opinion on some of her moves I use often. Sorry again if I explained things poorly. I've played DoA for a decent amount of time, but never actually gone to a forum for discussion.

shinryu

4k is a brutally effective move; if you're not using it often you're not using Mila right, I think. It's far better than 3k and honestly I don't think 4f+k has anything going for it other than a very tiny bit of range. (Edit: Ok, 4f+k has some very good uses insofar as it guarantees a critical state, which is useful online in particular since trying to do 4k shit on reaction is still pretty difficult; even offline, being able to 4f+k to 9k to p+k to ground throw is a useful way to get into mount quickly. Also, it's excellent combo filler after p+k or 1p+k/takedown cancel p, just fast enough to keep the critical going and just enough stun for 6p+k to work on fast stagger escape).

On block, 4k takedown should stuff almost any high or mid, takedown p should interrupt strikes, and takedown cancel should be almost entirely safe. I think takedown cancel k should interrupt a lot of things too, I'm not 100% on what it will or won't stop. As far as I can tell the opponent's only real option select out of this is a low OH, since I think that will technically stuff both the takedown and the cancel p, but I think the cancel k will beat that, need to check. Or you can just let it ride, you're only at -2.

On hit, you're at +2, so lots of options there. On counter hit, you've got a number of options outlined in the "takedown cancels from stun" thread (briefly, safely attempt takedown, cancel takedown and end up at +15 for pp or 6p or throw, or cancel takedown into p/k/2p), and a few others besides: 9k will hit if you input it immediately against a fast stagger escape (it looks like it hits in the last active frame hre so it's more like 19 frames in this application, hence the need for immediate inputs), but the distance may screw up a followup p+k to ground throw, so p6p6p may be best here. 6p+k will also connect against a fast stagger escape, giving you a nifty stun or the CB, if you've reached threshold. I need to try 4h+k from here to see if that gives a good mid kick option since nothing else she has will really reach from a 4k hit except 66k. I do hope the netcode is as improved as people say considering all this goes to hell in the lag. Especially the cancel game, since you can't really mash a throw out without getting a cancel p. Forget getting a 6p. (Edit: still goes to hell in the lag it seems like. Sigh.)

Also, in theory I think I'm warming up to 8ppp; first two hits are a natural combo and there's really nothing you can do fancy after that except to complete the combo (+6 on fast stagger escape). But that's kind of nice in that it's a shit or get off the pot moment for the opponent; either hold instantly or don't hold at all. Or buffer your hold trying to get the second p and eat a counter launcher or high counter throw. That works too.

shinryu

Ok, screw it, new post: What's her optimal combo from a low launcher? I keep getting launches cause people just don't block* online or I'm a few frames late to land in the stund and it doesn't seem like she can do anything with them at all. 9k gives you p+k in theory but from something like 3p, p, or 6f+k on normal hit is just craptactular. I can't even seem to get pppk off sometimes. Is it really just 2p and try to ground throw?

*Honestly, half the problem seems to be that you never ever get blocked or normal hits so it's really hard to set up a lot of her mind games. I keep getting 4k criticals out of nowhere, canceling into takedown expecting block/NH, and sigh.

Jefffcore

Go for CB, don't worry about 9k. If you CH someone you only need 2 more stuns, then CB. Take as much damage as you can until they start holding, then throw them, tackle them, 3H+K them, or 7k them; whatever you want in any specific situation.

shinryu

Right, but what if you get a random launch? I get stuff like CH p+k, or a CH takedown cancel k? It just doesn't seem like you can do anything out of those situations. I can't even seem to mash out pppp.

Jefffcore

I don't use either of those, honestly. I use 4k for poking (the TD is awkward), and if you're using P+K you should only use it for whiff punishment.

After your initial stun, continue it with 3pp, 3kk, ppp, pp6k, 2kp, 4pk, 3p 3k, etc. Personally I just stick to mids and if they hold do what I mentioned above.

autoaim

Could i also ask for the terminology to be posted with the side the character is on(left or right), just so its a little easier to read. sorry if this is weird to ask.

shinryu

Always assume you're on the left side. 6 is forward, 4 is back. Always.

Regarding canceling takedowns, does anyone know for sure if you can cancel the followups if you hold f down? I've been double-tapping but that doesn't seem entirely reliable, and sometimes I'd rather come out of the cancel and do something else (especially if I 4k during a stun). If you can just hold f and buffer something in that would help that a lot.

Jefffcore

With the patch Mila has the ability to Force Tech with 2p after things like H+K, 9p, etc. With a force tech she gets +26. Anything faster than 26i has to be timed to hit, but something like 9p works perfect afterwards; It's 28i, -1 on block, can't be held and on hit it loops the set up. Or of course you can tackle after the force tech, which nets more damage than if you just took the guaranteed throw.

synce

I was afraid of a potential nerf and they gave her another 50/50

hell-yeah-motherfucker.jpg

shinryu

With the patch Mila has the ability to Force Tech with 2p after things like H+K, 9p, etc. With a force tech she gets +26. Anything faster than 26i has to be timed to hit, but something like 9p works perfect afterwards; It's 28i, -1 on block, can't be held and on hit it loops the set up. Or of course you can tackle after the force tech, which nets more damage than if you just took the guaranteed throw.

Yeah, that is epic, I can't see this not getting patched out eventually. Once she knocks you down you she can just keep bulldogging you with either takedowns or more knockdowns. Answers the question of what to do after a lame launch; this works any time 2p connects, right? Or does it have to be on a hard knockdown only. Shame it makes her ground throw largely obsolete except maybe after p+k (since you get mount) or if it will win the round.

For argument's sake, how much better is this than forcing tech with 2k? In anticipation of this almost certainly going away eventually, we might want to consider alternative strategies to the same end. Also, wouldn't 7k be ideal for this situation? I think it's only ~30 frames to fully charge, you could always let it go early, and if they're trained to expect a 9p/or a tackle they might freeze up or hold wrong. Best case, you get a sit-down stun into launcher into exactly the same situation, and even if they block you get a decent guard break. It's a little riskier than 9p, admittedly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD