"You'll never be alone again, Mathilda." [Mila General Discussion]

Kayin Amoh

Yeah, I'd be interested to see people test that infinite out. The video had it happening, but there wasn't anyone attempting to get up on the other side of it.

If so, it does need a patch. Not teching off the initial fall shouldn't lead into losing an entire round.

ChampTang

What costume is everyone using for Mila?

I'm going with costume 1 right now.

There should also be a list of all her customization too.

I know L1/R1 = no bandage or helmet on (depend on costume)
left d pad = glasses on
[] / /\ / /\ + x = ? (for costume 2 and 4 i think) Can't tell what it change. Other cast members change their underwear's color but Mila's wearing jeans (and you can't see it)

SkatanMilla

You seem to be able to get a guaranteed ground throw from her K+G if they don't tech instantly when hitting the ground, that's pretty nice. I think it's the same for her 9P and 6K+G (3K+G?) as well.

She's not that strong right now though, mainly because she doesn't really have any fast launchers except 9K, which is high, and she doesn't have a solid damage throw. I mean yeah her 214P+G,P,P,P does a lot of damage and I'm landing it fully every time now, but look 6 months down the line and that damage won't be consistent anymore.

66P seems to be one of her best moves so far since it's like +14 or something on block, so you can land P or 6P guaranteed afterwards if you're close enough/have them against the wall.

4K is a great move it's -3 up close but just -2 from range and it has the catch grab followup which you can cancel for some nice pressure.

Rayartz

Skatan -- Cool seeing a fellow Chun Li player here!

Anyone else having a hard time getting in with Mila?
Her normals seem short in range and unless I'm missing something most of her attack are high/mid counters
When it comes to 3d fighters I'm kinda at a loss anyway, but this game is really fun so I want to expand my knowledge like I did for 2d with SSF4.

SkatanMilla

Rayartz: cool that you're showing interest in the doa-series, this is probably the best time for anyone to get into it since 5 seems like the best one in the series.

MasterHavik

Guys...someone gotta tell that guy making that video that it's not an inf. He blocked me. We don't need idiots like this making the game look bad.

Rayartz

Rayartz: cool that you're showing interest in the doa-series, this is probably the best time for anyone to get into it since 5 seems like the best one in the series.

I've played all the prior titles just not against people -- always thought DOA had a lot of cool factor to it.
Any hoo played some more this morning
what are some of your guys' best set ups for Critical Stuns?
finally figured out you can Powerblow charge after a CS but I've only landed it with Tina and Hitomi; they seem to have solid setups for this.

Also just thought of this as I was typing; If you cause a stun in combo and follow up with Critical Burst. wouldn't that setup powerblow pretty easily? I've gotta test this out.

I've played all the prior titles just not against people -- always thought DOA had a lot of cool factor to it.
Any hoo played some more this morning
what are some of your guys' best set ups for Critical Stuns?
finally figured out you can Powerblow charge after a CS but I've only landed it with Tina and Hitomi; they seem to have solid setups for this.

Also just thought of this as I was typing; If you cause a stun in combo and follow up with Critical Burst. wouldn't that setup powerblow pretty easily? I've gotta test this out.

Some setups I use for critical stuns:

4H+K
3KK.
3P, 3K (Also works in reverse)
3P, PK
1P,3P, 1P+K

4PP
3P
PK
2KP
SS P

4PK
3P
PK

There are many ways an CS can be setup, anyways these wont always work because people can always just counter but when you land the CB, unleash hell on them.

CS, CB, Launcher, P6PP than end with either 6PP, PPP6P or P6P6P. 6PP works wonders on Heavyweights and the other two works well for Mid/Lightweights.

Powerblow works but it's pretty tedious timing online. Simulate lag in Training Mode than you'll see what I'm talking about.

Rayartz

You can simulate lag in training mode? that is both sad and cool, lol!
Thanks a lot for the info, just the type of info I've been needing for a foundation to learn from and experiment.

Cage Redfield

heres a CB BnB I thought up after seeing the above post

:1::H+K::P::P::P: >:4::H+K: >:6::6::P+K: >:6::6::H+K:>:P::P::P::P:>:P::6::P::6::P: does 122 damage

and a non-CB combo
:1::H+K::P::P::P: > :K::P: > :P::P::6::P: > :P::6::P::6::P: does 112 damage

I think :6::6::H+K: is a pretty good launch after CB, launches the opponent rather high, and we pretty much get to do whatever afterwards on hit. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we can hit :3::H+K: and get a guaranteed grab setup for loldamage.
Also, is Mila able to follow up after blahblahstun>:3::P::P: sitdown stun > :4: :K: into Takedown cancel? I'd check it myself but I'm away from my console atm...

EDIT: doesn't seem like it, and we can get a :9::P: after a CB, so we can either force the opponent into a ground throw setup or go into a launch combo for positioning/more damage/more reasons.

shinryu

Regarding breaks from the ground throw positions:

1) From mount it appears your P will beat whatever, correct? What about the takedown cancel knee (also available after the break) or another takedown? It seems like a strong option is to mix between the two strikes and a takedown, but if the takedown isn't fast enough to eat an attack or the knee isn't fast enough to beat retaliation then your options are obviously more limited.Also, I'm not sure of best options on hit from these; i think takedown cancel knee just launches, but the punch is just a standard critical stun, no?

2) What about throw breaks from side control or sprawl? You can't get the the the attacks from takedown feint on the breaks from those throws, and it looks like you're at disadvantage. Are you just at a reset/disadvantage there, as opposed to being able to keep pressuring after a mount gets broken? I do like being able to go all Vandelei from the sprawl for style points, but practically speaking it seems like knockdowns allowing mount are optimal since you can either get damage or keep on the pressure from those.

3) From testing against fastest stagger escape and fastest hold timing, it seems like the optimal combo to fish for for practical purposes is either p+k or charged 7k to get the sit-down stun and then follow with 3p. You have the option to launch with 33p, 6f+k ,or 9k at that point or to try for a CB; after launch, I'm just grounding with p+k. The p+k, 3p, launch, p+k sequence is around 60 pts depending on the launcher, if memory serves, and then you get either 15-45 points of ground throw damage or you can keep up pressure after a break. However, is there a better way to guarantee a ground throw than just p+k again? Otherwise I'd rather be able to keep up pressure.

synce

Here's a little combo I just whipped up, 47 damage and mount should be guaranteed

4h+k,9k,p+k,2h+p(p,p,p)

I'll see later what else can guarantee a mount... just keep them grounded the whole fight :cool:

shinryu

is the 9k guaranteed? I don't think 4f+k is an unholdable stun. I'd also check the stagger escape against fast or fastest setting. If the 9k is unescapable then that's very, very good, but I'd guess it isn't.

It would be good to know if there's anything else that guarantees ground throw after launch. As far as I know only p+k gets the mount, but you can get sprawl off of 3f+k and 9p at least outside of juggles. The AI once managed to hit 2f+k and ground throw me after the sweep, but I don't seem to be able to replicate that so I suspect that may just be AI bullshit at work.

Jefffcore

Any time they're at the lowest possible height for P+K or KP to hit, you'll get a guaranteed mount.

I'm pretty confident, 9K wont hit if the stun from 4H+K is SE'd. The important part is that it's one stun, the attack doesn't matter as long as it's the same level of the threshold. I stay away from launching with 9K because it's a high.

shinryu

So basically kp or p+k are your best post-launch options unless the damage from a juggle will win you the round or you can get them to a wall? I mean, I can't imagine you wouldn't want the mount given the damage and your options even if it's broken.

Incidentally, I've never been able to get kp to get the guaranteed mount (typically trying from something like p+k, 3p, 33p, kp). Is there a trick to that? p+k just seems more reliable

TheOtherJN

What I've been doing after playing the game for 5 hours. These combos are great (from my knowledge ATM) because while holdable, you can omit or change some moves and virtually the same combo will still come out, or you still do another good combo from it. Haven't tested it, but if you wall-splat the opponent then there might be more follow-ups. Not using "standard" notation as I believe anyone playing Mila should have a greater understanding of her moves.

Rear hook, lead uppercut, jab, straight, rear low inside crescent kick, smash,
  1. Dempsey Roll/Rolling ThunderCorkscrew Blow
    • Most damaging combo I've found at 167 damage (?). Number pulled from memory.
  2. high double front kicks, jab, straight, liver blow, power straight
    • Knocks opponent far away and has good chance of wall-splatting opponent when near wall.
    • Can also be used as an attack string all in itself.
  3. high double front kicks, jab, straight, liver blow, rear rising knee
    • Knocks opponent good distance away, and knee looks better than the alternative: lead uppercut.
    • Can also be used as an attack string all in itself.
Push kick (counter-hit), smash, rear low inside crescent kick, smash,
  1. Same as first combo above.
  2. Same as first combo above.
  3. Same as first combo above.
This combo is recollection from my hazy memory, but I think:
Rear low inside crescent (CH), smash,

synce

Any time they're at the lowest possible height for P+K or KP to hit, you'll get a guaranteed mount.

I'm pretty confident, 9K wont hit if the stun from 4H+K is SE'd. The important part is that it's one stun, the attack doesn't matter as long as it's the same level of the threshold. I stay away from launching with 9K because it's a high.

Honestly I'm new to the frame counting business but it seems guaranteed in sparring, even with fastest SE. The first kick is +18 on NH and the second is 16... Of course I say 'should be' guaranteed because with lag things change ;p

Also I think you can even add a 3p before the second kick... Again I'm a total noob at this but the AI doesn't seem to be able to get a counter out or SE it

Not using "standard" notation as I believe anyone playing Mila should have a greater understanding of her moves.

Rear hook, lead uppercut, jab, straight, rear low inside crescent kick, smash,
  1. Dempsey Roll/Rolling ThunderCorkscrew Blow
    • Most damaging combo I've found at 167 damage (?)
  2. high double front kicks, jab, straight, liver blow, power straight
    • Knocks opponent far away and has good chance of wall-splatting opponent when near wall.
  3. high double front kicks, jab, straight, liver blow, rear rising knee
    • Knocks opponent good distance away, and knee looks better than the alternative: lead uppercut
Push kick (counter-hit), smash, rear low inside crescent kick, smash,
This combo is recollection from my hazy memory, but I think:
Rear low inside crescent (CH), smash,

Standard notation is pretty easy to understand. What you said above is not only confusing but is visually daunting to memorize. Think of it this way.
:7::8::9: = 7 8 9​
:4::Link::6: = 4 5 6​
:1::2::3: = 1 2 3​

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD