"You'll never be alone again, Mathilda." [Mila General Discussion]

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Which is why everytime I fight a person who is actually decent, none of my TD mixup game works more than maybe once or twice. Honestly this online excuse people are throwing out seems to be the fallback excuse for when a person screws up. Not every damn match gets screwed cause of lag.

99% of the time it is. Unless the person is a noob then it doesn't really matter. I hardly play DOA5 online anymore because it's so bad. Also recently I played you a couple of times in Rank. And I kept getting caught in your Mila OH. I can see it coming each time, but I wasn't allowed to react to it no matter how much I tried. Also I used to use Mila which is why I know what she is capable of. Also you should play Something Unique Mila. She is a monster. Although I much rather plaly his Mila offline. The people that was able to get around your OH, I wish I had there luxury, but the times we played I didn't. My character would just stand there like a retard and I was surprised the very few times it actually did allow me to react to it.

HiguraShiki

99% of the time it is. Unless the person is a noob then it doesn't really matter. I hardly play DOA5 online anymore because it's so bad. Also recently I played you a couple of times in Rank. And I kept getting caught in your Mila OH. I can see it coming each time, but I wasn't allowed to react to it no matter how much I tried. Also I used to use Mila which is why I know what she is capable of. Also you should play Something Unique Mila. She is a monster. Although I much rather plaly his Mila offline. The people that was able to get around your OH, I wish I had there luxury, but the times we played I didn't. My character would just stand there like a retard and I was surprised the very few times it actually did allow me to react to it.
I have played something unique before I played Mila, which is one of the reasons that I was inspired to play Mila. And no I kept TD'ing you because you kept on holding and after you broke my TD, you didn't anticipate the TD after the punch stun.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I have played something unique before I played Mila, which is one of the reasons that I was inspired to play Mila. And no I kept TD'ing you because you kept on holding and after you broke my TD, you didn't anticipate the TD after the punch stun.

Actually, I didn't keep holding. And sometimes holds would come out on accident. Another problem the game has(even worse online) is the buffing problem. Like I said. I've seen your TDs coming a mile away. It's not hard to see Mila's TDs coming. Especially when it's anticipated. Moral of the story is online sucks. That's pretty much all there is to it. I myself don't go around whining about a specific character because of online. To me that's stupid. I just let it be known that online in general sucks.

HiguraShiki

Actually, I didn't keep holding. And sometimes holds would come out on accident. Another problem the game has(even worse online) is the buffing problem. Like I said. I've seen your TDs coming a mile away. It's not hard to see Mila's TDs coming. Especially when it's anticipated. Moral of the story is online sucks. That's pretty much all there is to it. I myself don't go around whining about a specific character because of online. To me that's stupid. I just let it be known that online in general sucks.
But all you have to do is just duck.... it isn't that hard.... I do it constantly vs Mila players who do it to me...

HiguraShiki

It doesn't matter how bad you lag, if you hold block and down even after getting hit by one of Mila's grab break attacks, you will avoid the TD no matter what. It can be lagging until the ends of the earth, holding block and down will avoid the damn TD. Ask DOA-Eater, who btw has much worse connection at a whopping 1 bar, who managed to avoid all these "OP lag abusive tactics" that people love to claim.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
You obviously don't understand how lag, or connections in general work. 2 people playing don't always experience the "same" lag. Especially if they live in different countries. Are you seriously trying to justify online play? Also, some characters are easier to use for some in lag. Point is, don't sit here and try to tell me how to react to stuff like I don't know how. I know the ins and out of how to play this game, and I know how to react to stuff. You can't react to things properly online that's a proven fact. Instead of people trying to act like they know everything, you should show it by playing offline where there is no lag, and where winning matters.

HiguraShiki

You obviously don't understand how lag, or connections in general work. 2 people playing don't always experience the "same" lag. Especially if they live in different countries. Are you seriously trying to justify online play? Also, some characters are easier to use for some in lag. Point is, don't sit here and try to tell me how to react to stuff like I don't know how. I know the ins and out of how to play this game, and I know how to react to stuff. You can't react to things properly online that's a proven fact. Instead of people trying to act like they know everything, you should show it by playing offline where there is no lag, and where winning matters.
I'm trying to justify the fact that everyone uses the lag excuse for everything. It can't be that every single match you experienced lagged that badly that it completely ruined your game, or that every single loss you had was due to lag.
That and I'm trying to justify the fact that Mila does not have any advantage whatsoever TD'ing in lag.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I don't know who complains about lag or use that as an excuse nor do I care. The game is laggy as hell. Every match I have is laggy. The only time the game feel "decent" is whenever I play with them in a private lobby. Even with BE, the only time me and him had good connections together were when we did Private matches(which we should do sometime again) and we had some damn good matches. Other than that. Yes. Every match in Rank, and big lobbies are pretty much lag central. Rather I win , or lose in this game I don't even care because with this lag it doesn't matter. With that said this game has big lag issues. I don't care if anyone complain about lag because 9 out of 10 it's true.

The lag do ruin my game. Ruins it so much that if the next patch don't fix it I won't care to compete offline. The only thing keep me playing it now is because I'm going to that offline tournament in Dec. Other wise I would've dropped this game already. Also yes Mila can get away with sh** because of lag. Not the character fault that's how lag works. It can be said with about any character.

HiguraShiki

Mila can barely get away with anything, since her fastest moves are a 13 frame mid punch(which isn't even that fast) and her standing P. In real heavy lag, it is extremely difficult to get the 6P off first, since the lag seems to reverse her frame data. So please tell me what does Mila even get away with in lag.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I've explained that plenty of times already. And frame data means jack in lag since it changes it.

Roroko

I find Mila's TD annoying simply because it feels like an intrusive QTE sequence that interrupts the pace of the game. Multiply it by 3-5 times a match (yeah I suck at reacting to them) and I want to pull my hair out!

Other combo throws don't feel like that because they're either fast or opponents don't use the same thing over and over and over again.

Yaguar

Other combo throws don't feel like that because they're either fast or opponents don't use the same thing over and over and over again.

In all fairness, other combo throws aren't OH's that duck highs/standing throws/can be used from sidestep/have a million things to set it up/create rivers of tears.

I use it heavy when I can get away with it just because I know it will enrage a lot of people. Otherwise I save mine to SS strings. Far prefer ground setups and QCB+T since people throw out counters like they are going out of fashion to catch MIla's mids.

Yaguar

So been playing with 2T and a chunk of settings. Mainly did this as personally dealing with Helena on Mila is really awkward for me and often I just get everything stuffed and really can't interrupt better players at all. Usually my only saving grace is the odd well timed 3H+K but I digress.

So from 2T you can land P, this is not 100% but your opponent only seems to have a single frame to counter (counters vs. punch land at counter not hi-counter) and it can be low countered to avoid it but it seems like a pretty solid follow up. If you land P, K is free ( in my tests, may not be 100% but I'm pretty sure ). This gives you a few options as well.

:2: :H+P: :P: :K: --
:3: :P: :6: :P+K: (CB choice)
:2: :T: (Low Counter? Back into a guessing game)
:3: :H+K:
:2: :1: :4: :T: (Standing counter)

Obviously from :2: :T: if they start low countering or high countering you can repeat :2: :T: (for lows) or start up with :6: :T: / :2: :1: :4: :T:

Finding this setup and guessing game from 2T really useful right now so thought I'd share it and see what others are using.

shinryu

Just to clarify, this is the 2f+p low throw or the 2f+p ground throw to mount after break? If it's the former you're at +25. You can do almost literally anything after that with the caveat that they can still counter from that situation.

Yaguar

Just to clarify, this is the 2f+p low throw or the 2f+p ground throw to mount after break? If it's the former you're at +25. You can do almost literally anything after that with the caveat that they can still counter from that situation.

EDIT: Yes the low throw, not the ground throw.

True but it all stemmed from something I was playing with. Point of it though is it does allow for quick CB setups and :P: is slightly harder to counter out of (by no means impossible). If they do go for a low counter you can land :2::H+P: again from a whiffed :P:

Yus, you're right though on +25. Few extra options for people anyway =p

HiguraShiki

In all fairness, other combo throws aren't OH's that duck highs/standing throws/can be used from sidestep/have a million things to set it up/create rivers of tears.

I use it heavy when I can get away with it just because I know it will enrage a lot of people. Otherwise I save mine to SS strings. Far prefer ground setups and QCB+T since people throw out counters like they are going out of fashion to catch MIla's mids.
I use it heavily when I'm trying to win a match. Like, usually I would save the heavy TD for the 2nd or 3rd round. There are times I need to use it early to get a win. Doing it too much though can be really risky.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD