"You'll never be alone again, Mathilda." [Mila General Discussion]

autoaim

Not sure if this is here or not but i found this when i was in training hold 7k into 3kk and you can CB from that, much like hold 7k 3pp and CB. It adds a little mixup from double mid punch to mid kick and high. Again i've only found this to work on normal hit and with 7k and the one punch that puts them in sit down stun i believe its P+K?

HiguraShiki

Not sure if this is here or not but i found this when i was in training hold 7k into 3kk and you can CB from that, much like hold 7k 3pp and CB. It adds a little mixup from double mid punch to mid kick and high. Again i've only found this to work on normal hit and with 7k and the one punch that puts them in sit down stun i believe its P+K?
Wait are you saying to fully charge 7k and cause a sitdown stun?
This can be quite helpful. I always thought that 7k would push the person too far for 3pp or 3kk.
Btw your avatar is awesome. That's my favorite outfit for Mila. Do you have a full pic of that?

FatalxInnocence

Hey! I plan on picking Mila up today, and I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to do even though I've gone through her command list. All her attacks look way too similar and I find myself lost as ever.

All I seem to use with her are;

:2::K::P::P:
:4::P::P:/:K: /:2::K: ( Not sure how to write this! but basically the various attacks from :4::P:)
:6::K:
:3::H+K:
:3::P::P:
:6::P::6::P:

and I honestly don't even know if they're good attacks! there also doesn't seem to be a beginners guide to Mila topic in her forum, so I figured I would ask for help here! any tips on what I should and shouldn't use as Mila? cause I seriously have no idea where to begin... she feels so... different in comparison to the characters I'm used to.

HiguraShiki

Hey! I plan on picking Mila up today, and I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to do even though I've gone through her command list. All her attacks look way too similar and I find myself lost as ever.

All I seem to use with her are;

:2::K::P::P:
:4::P::P:/:K: /:2::K: ( Not sure how to write this! but basically the various attacks from :4::P:)
:6::K:
:3::H+K:
:3::P::P:
:6::P::6::P:

and I honestly don't even know if they're good attacks! there also doesn't seem to be a beginners guide to Mila topic in her forum, so I figured I would ask for help here! any tips on what I should and shouldn't use as Mila? cause I seriously have no idea where to begin... she feels so... different in comparison to the characters I'm used to.
Well, in my opinion, you don't really need to use 4PP much. Use 4K instead.
instead of doing 6K, try doing 6P6K (unless people start holding mid too much (kind of unlikely to happen though)
Oh yea that's right. Using 3PP is good, but mix it up with 3KK. It's virtually the same move but a mid kick and a high kick instead. For range, you should also use 2H+K. It has a pretty good stun/stagger. Also add 4H+K to your list. It's like 4K but longer ranged and has better stun, enough for a 3PP or 3KK (usually)

Normally, you should either be going for a CB or a TD. My mixups for CB tend to be like this.
6P6K, 1P, 3KK, 6P+K (CB). After you CB, your juggle will be as follows. 6H+K, P6PP. Now if you want to try and go for a ground mount, do P+K right after P6PP. I believe that should guarantee a ground mount (2T) for lightweights and middle weights.
For heavy weights, instead of doing 6H+K, do 3PP, KP, then 2T. If you do not want to play ground games or if you want to wallsplat, just do P6P6P after P6PP.
If your opponent is very block heavy, try doing PP6KT, 4KT, or 7PT. Those moves lead into a TD, which will hit 90% of the time.

Now for TD's. What I like to do once I land a TD is consistantly abuse them. I will land in 2 hits, allow the enemy to break the third, then immediately do P or 2P (during the break, you are in TD cancel stance, which allows you to immediately throw these two). After you land this hit, TD the enemy again, allow them try to land 2 shots, allow them to break the TD, then rinse and repeat until you are satisfied or until they stop your momentum. If they start low guarding or low countering, throw in a 2T then TD or throw in a 3T (Sprawl mount which allows you to knee three times or neck snap with T). If you want to launch them into a wall instead, do K, then P6P6P (a bit risky).

Now for 3H+K, you have two options you can do with it that work well. You can either throw in 3H+K and go for the guaranteed 2T (sprawl) or you can throw in a second 3H+K (force teching them) then sidestep TD them. If they start expecting the TD, low grab or do 6P6K.

If your opponent loves to tech roll a lot, a hit that usually lands on them is the 2KPPP string. If the whole string lands on CH, it will launch the opponent and you can hit them away with 6P6P. If you want to CB them instead, leave out the last P and go for the CB. If it isn't on counter hit, you can usually CB after the last P. If they are hold happy, just throw in 1 or 2P's, then try and mixup.

Now, I personally tend to go for a lot of TD cancel launchers. Others might disagree, but if you take a liking to them, go right ahead. After a stun, use 4KTHK to launch the opponent. If the launch is high enough, you can do P6PP, P6P6P (or P+K, 2T). If it is too low, just use 6P6P. You don't have to use the launch kick from TD cancel. You can also use the P or 2P (same as when TD breaking)

So yea, in general, try to approach with 4H+K, 4K, 2H+K if far. When close, use 2P, 1P, 6P6K, 3PP, 3KK. Always mix in a 3H+K every now and then.

Oh yea, and use 7K too, it's a good move.
If there are any mistakes I made please correct me, or you can always add your opinions to my strategy.

Yaguar

Offense:

Safe hits 95% of her stuff that ends in :K:. Most are -5. :4: :K: is -6, so you should be okay against most.
:3: :K: (-6) and :4: :K: (-3) are both good for hitting a block to test. Both 15 frame start ups.
:1: :P+K: is a lovely crush for highs.
:4: :H+K: may as well be safe for poking at long range. Gives a nice stun when it hits.

In stun Mix-Ups:
:3: :P: - Mid Punch
:3: :K: - Mid Kick
:3: :H+K: - Mid Kick (Ground for grab or start of force tech game)

:6::P+K: - Critical Burst
:6::H+K: - Mid Launcher

For Counter spams:
:2::H+P: - Low grab giving you +25 advantage.
:6::H+P: - Mid grab that gives you a free :K: follow up (:P: is counterable if you use the full :K::P: string)
:2::1::4: :H+P: - Mid grab - Goes into ground and pound.

Example setup:
:1::P+K: (Crush High) :3: :K: :3: :P: - This will get them ready for Critical Burst. At this point you have a chunk of the options above to deal with how you think your opponent will react (or does react).
Burst (:6::P+K:)
Launch (:6::H+K:)
Grab Vs. Counter (Any of the above).

Defence:
For me Mila's defense is not about looking for crushable strings (though they do help, don't ignore them) but an opportunity to make a new offense. Blocking someone's string is looking for a sidestep.
You see Tina :6::P::P::6:K: ? BANG! :8::8::T: as soon as that kick starts up.
Her sidestep game can really turn around a beating. You can get around some really good stuff. This does require knowing quite a lot of the other strings and what follows what but I can promise this is worth it, it'll rub off onto other characters too (though their options are not always as good E.g. Kokoro's SS :P: does not get anywhere near the same effect as Mila's, usually ends badly).
This is the part where I get most of my TD abuse.
:3::H+K: is a lovely whiff punisher.
:4::H+K: is a good whiff punisher too for quicker recovering moves.

TD Abuse:
This is not a hard and fast science but just generally places where I find TD works well.
On Block:
:4::K: :T:
:P::P::6::K::T: - Let a couple go through before you start cancelling.
:3::H+K: SS :T:
Unsafe moves SS :T:
- This is an odd one so I'll explain a little. Generally if people see something that is hugely unsafe (and are not a heavy grappler, that part is pretty key) they will try to hit you, expecting block or to beat you out if you're using something silly after. You can usually get away with a couple of these but I really wouldn't make a huge habit of it. This is purely a heuristic based on experience.

On Hit:
:4::H+K: :6::6::T:
:6::T: :6::6::T:
:2::T: :6::6::T:
:3::H+K::3::H+K: SS :T: - First lands, second force techs, Takedown.

Final Note:
There may well be a better way to go about things over all but these are a few of the bits that I use and generally have decent success with. Take from it what you want pretty much. I promise not to take offense if improvements are made on any of this (because I'll just steal them for myself, mwuahahaha!)

Jefffcore

4pp is like her best string to extend a stun. Only problem is the first is a high, if they low hold the mid wont catch.

You don't need to SS tackle after you force them up, just tackle. After you force them up your best option other than tackle is 9p. It loops the force tech, it's hold resistant, and only -3. The only thing they can do is SS attack or block it, if they do that you tackle or vice versa.

synce

How do you guys think the upcoming patch will affect Mila? I'm thinking worst case scenario breaking a mount gives a reset and maybe they nerf the damage a bit. Can't see any potential buffs personally

Raansu

If they nerf her advantage from break then they need to make it much harder to break her tackle, or at least separate the inputs so if you go for the throw instead of the three punches you can mix it up in a way instead of being able to press throw regardless of which input they use after the tackle to throw break.

Raansu

I'd at the very least like to see a separation of throw break inputs so doing either the throw or the ground pound from the tackle actually means something other than just to do something different for the hell of it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD