"You're not even worthy of being my toy!" The Christie Video Thread

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Hey everyone ^^

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ver0.75 (Gamescom Build) CHRISTIE - COMBO VIDEO

Another DOA5 combo video this time using Christie. Christie's Style relies heavily on evasive moves in DOA5, not only in defense but in maximizing offensive damage as well. I tried to show how these evasive moves from her new stance (Jekeiho) can be used for extending damage. In addition to the guaranteed setups from sitdown stuns and critical burst, I showed some examples on how you can guarantee followups from her limbo stun (the stun where the opponent arches their back as if they're doing the limbo). These types of stuns cannot be held out of, making them pretty deadly in a hold heavy game like DOA.

I hope you find these combos both informative and entertaining.

Thank you.

Doug Nguyen

Wow Christie is so awesome this time around. I really like how she can break a combo with her new stance and i also like how you can stop mid combo and go into her stance and the opponent is still stunned. Does the stun always last that long or does it only last that long with certain moves, or can they all be SE 1:14 is what im talking about by the way. Oh and how did you get Christie to be in her old serpent stance, to show the pallet swaps.

Einzelkind

Nice video. I really like the improved juggle potential she has in 5. One question though: After the limbo stun you used one strike (6p I think) before using the critical burst. But the opponent could hold the burst attack because of that, couldn't he? Her sitdown stun with the build in backstep seems pretty useful. Does her throw from Jaheiko have guaranteed follow-ups?

DrDogg

As I posted in the other threads, if you're going to post these kind of videos (especially here), please post which combos are guaranteed so you do not mislead people. A good number of combos in this video are NOT guaranteed.

Also for further clarification, Christie is not that evasive anymore. She relies on speed and frame advantage. Even in the build this video is based on, she's not that evasive. Her side step is more evasive than her stance under most circumstances.

Does the stun always last that long or does it only last that long with certain moves, or can they all be SE 1:14 is what im talking about by the way.

No, it's not guaranteed. You can block the second hit of the combo. She has guaranteed attacks after her sit-down stun, but 3P is not one of them.

ILYA✰

Thank you SO much for this vid :)
Even the game isn't out yet, I'm already getting MAJOR ideas in my head fuhuhuhu :christie:
Also cool that you showed some costumes there ;)

Goro Hazuki

Glad you got around to post this. It showcases what can be done with Christie (although as it was stated, not everything is guaranteed). But it gives people the insight of what can be done in terms of mind games with her. :214::P: then CB is always nice to see :)

DrDogg

Short question. Are you pointing out whats guaranteed after certain set ups in the character section of the guide?

Yeah, most of the unholdable situations are highlighted so you know the recommended guaranteed follow-up options.

:214::P: then CB is always nice to see :)

That's not guaranteed either though... Most characters can't get a guaranteed CB off unholdable stuns. I can only think of a handful of situations in the entire game in which a CB is guaranteed after an unholdable stun.

Doug Nguyen

Her new stance seems mostly for just mixing things up in combos to avoid getting countered and avoiding wake up kicks.

Goro Hazuki

That's not guaranteed either though... Most characters can't get a guaranteed CB off unholdable stuns. I can only think of a handful of situations in the entire game in which a CB is guaranteed after an unholdable stun.

Looks like I'm gonna have to pick up your guide then! I thought sitdowns were guaranteed for the most part. I can always get a launcher afterwards. Is it because the CB is slower? or what is it?

@ILYA, I use that move for wake up punishment or when spacing for certain moves. It's a useful tool, but as you said, that doesn't mean you can abuse it.

DrDogg

Looks like I'm gonna have to pick up your guide then! I thought sitdowns were guaranteed for the most part. I can always get a launcher afterwards. Is it because the CB is slower? or what is it?

You can get guaranteed attacks of off most sit-down stuns, but not a CB. For instance, after Christie's 214P, you're only guaranteed a 15-frame attack. Almost every CB in the game is 19 or 20 frames. Now, if the opponent doesn't know how to slow escape, you can go to town. But to me, that's not reliable.

Also, 214P is safe against all non-grappler characters, so you can toss it out more often than not without much in the way of consequences (aside for getting countered).

Doug Nguyen

You can get guaranteed attacks of off most sit-down stuns, but not a CB. For instance, after Christie's 214P, you're only guaranteed a 15-frame attack. Almost every CB in the game is 19 or 20 frames. Now, if the opponent doesn't know how to slow escape, you can go to town. But to me, that's not reliable.

Also, 214P is safe against all non-grappler characters, so you can toss it out more often than not without much in the way of consequences (aside for getting countered).
Oh well thats kinda lame. I guess you can launch from that sit down stun right. Or are most launching moves more frames than 15. Oh and isnt it hard to launch off a sitdown stun since you might whiff it since there kinda crouched a little.

DrDogg

Oh well thats kinda lame. I guess you can launch from that sit down stun right. Or are most launching moves more frames than 15. Oh and isnt it hard to launch off a sitdown stun since you might whiff it since there kinda crouched a little.

Not all sit-down stuns are the same. Some grant more advantage than others. For Christie's 214P, you don't get a free launch unless the opponent simply doesn't slow escape. Your best option is 6P for a stun.

Doug Nguyen

Not all sit-down stuns are the same. Some grant more advantage than others. For Christie's 214P, you don't get a free launch unless the opponent simply doesn't slow escape. Your best option is 6P for a stun.
Ahh yeah ok thanks. I always use 6p during stuns and i stop at the second punch, because that combo is way to obvious and can be easily countered, but now im glad you can do 6PP then go into her new stance. Sounds so useful now.

Goro Hazuki

Ok, I thought it was along those lines. I remember you mentioned in another thread that most CBs are 20 frames. Slow escaping is practically second nature for most DOA veterans, so her 214P is probably not the best route.

Also, when you say against non-grapplers. You mean because of the punishment Christie would get from offensive holds (i.e. Tina's 46F+P)?

Full Access to the game is so soon. I can't wait to just really break her down upon release. Thanks for the info DrDogg.

DrDogg

Ok, I thought it was along those lines. I remember you mentioned in another thread that most CBs are 20 frames. Slow escaping is practically second nature for most DOA veterans, so her 214P is probably not the best route.

Also, when you say against non-grapplers. You mean because of the punishment Christie would get from offensive holds (i.e. Tina's 46F+P)?

Full Access to the game is so soon. I can't wait to just really break her down upon release. Thanks for the info DrDogg.

Even if you don't get a guaranteed launch, stunning with 6P is better than having the opponent counter the 6P. Plus, Christie is complete rush down now, all you need is one hit to start going to town on someone. Actually, you don't even need that with all the guard breaks she has.

As far as the grapplers go, Christie's 214P is -7. You can punish with a neutral 5-frame throw, but that's breakable. The next step up for non-grapplers is a 7-frame throw, but the way DOA5 works, that won't punish Christie at -7. She can attack or fuzzy guard to avoid the throw. So it's safe against any character that doesn't have a command throw faster than 7-frames, which is everyone but the grapplers.

The grappler's throws are 1 frame faster so their fastest command grab is 6-frames, meaning it can punish Christie when she's at -7. Going by the frames, punishment and guaranteed attacks are a little hard to understand at first (especially coming from other fighting games), but once you're used to it, it's second nature.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD