Zack in DOA 5

MasterHavik

let's hope those mix ups become combos. what made him good in four was how he could mix up, and next thing you knew yo were in a combo.

PhoenixVFIRE

Did you or did you guys NOT say that Kasumi and Hayate were basically mid tier? I don't know about Ayane and from everything that's been said, Ryu is the only top tier ninja.

So, I'm not really seeing anything hilarious? I never said you couldn't win with them.

Verify

Hmm... That is quite interesting. I am a bit surprise that 4K doesn't do stun on nh anymore. Also, seeing how they removed his 236k, does that mean that he has only got one critical burst move which is his back sway with P+K? Also, I'm sure Zack has still got some good launchers in the game, like his 33KK and while he is ducking, you can do P+K.

I am guessing that his new basic air combo string is PP6P2K. I think Zack is still a good character and I like what he has become. His ground game is still there but it is completely different now.

Zack is still very much playable and I don't think he has been nerfed in anyway.

Just to clear up zacks new 236k is a CB, but his 236k from doa4 is gone.

ScattereDreams

I didn't play a whole lot and didn't get anytime to test outside of matches but there are changes for both the worst and better in the gvn build. His 4k doesn't stun on nh(wtf?) nor does 66p. 236ppp string was removed, you could only do 236pk, 236k was removed, 1p I believe is a power blow with a different input. F+K split kick is a guard break, forward throw doesn't get a damage boost from high counter and got reduced damage but you get an inescapable 9k into deep stun, where you can take their back with 236p or whatever you want. I don't see anywhere that he became safer so I dunno what cow was talking about. He does have a new move from sway with p+K that's a critical burst. His launchers are worse so he generally does less damage and his juggle ender pp6pp doesn't work as often because they changed the last hit to his shoryuken. And his pp6pk just a doesn't work much for no reason at all. The stun from 6k on nh and ch is way shittier. Overall I don't like the new Zack in the very limited time I spent with him, forward throw is way more powerful but overall his throw and attack damage have been reduced and with the loss of the ground game from doa4 his ability to keep you I fucked up situations on wake up is gone. If you knock someone down and press 2k to stomp them but your opponent tech rolls they will get your back for free combo. I'm sure I'll find some great setups with him once the game drops but other than the improvement to his 6f+p I don't like what they've done with him.

Jesus.......

Allan Paris

Did you or did you guys NOT say that Kasumi and Hayate were basically mid tier? I don't know about Ayane and from everything that's been said, Ryu is the only top tier ninja.

This was said before I got see what she can do, and at that, I only explored a little bit. Hayate, yes, he will suffer if he isn't changed. Ayane is still solid just needs to be worked with. Kasumi is also fine, GVN weekend was my first time playing with her. I've only been watching her and, from what I could see she sucked in my eyes. However, I've toyed around with her enough to know she will be a problem.......

So how about them Zack buffs!

Hurricane Rev

Well the buffs that Zack has got so far are the following......

- He has got Good Launchers
- He has Decent mix ups game
- His :P+K: move should still be able to stun characters
- His Blanka ball move is really good for whiff punishment and it is also a guard break move
- His forward throw is really good!!

Verify

The animation for his catch throw is still there, but it's not a catch throw/offensive hold, it was just a regular throw in the gvn version.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD