9/25 gamestop release date

Awesmic

Standard Donor
And how many times have you played this game to determine that it's such a small addition it should've been in Tekken 6?

>_>
Honestly, who cares?

If even Mortal Kombat - MORTAL FRIGGIN' KOMBAT - can implement tag into its own canon game without a problem and still be successful (heck, DOA's been doing that for years), Tekken should be able to do the same thing by now. Even you, DrDogg, have to admit the time they put into Tekken 6's scenario campaign could've been better used for putting in a robust Tag mode at the time. But I digress... there's always Tekken 7.

DrDogg

Honestly, who cares?

If even Mortal Kombat - MORTAL FRIGGIN' KOMBAT - can implement tag into its own canon game without a problem and still be successful (heck, DOA's been doing that for years), Tekken should be able to do the same thing by now. Even you, DrDogg, have to admit the time they put into Tekken 6's scenario campaign could've been better used for putting in a robust Tag mode at the time. But I digress... there's always Tekken 7.

Who cares? Clearly you do since you decided to bring it up in the first place.

The tag mode in DOA and MK9 are very different than the tag mode in TTT and TTT2. It's not just a side addition, it's a completely different game. I suppose you think the tag features of SFxT should've been included in SF4 since they're so similar?

R3ddragon666

scenario campaign is what pushed Tekekn 6 back another year and it turned out to be garbage.
Time could have been well spent on making the netcode playable or make better customs for the casual side of things or hell do both.

Awesmic

Standard Donor

The tag mode in DOA and MK9 are very different than the tag mode in TTT and TTT2. It's not just a side addition, it's a completely different game. I suppose you think the tag features of SFxT should've been included in SF4 since they're so similar?
Yes.

Raansu

They really arnt.

x Sypher x

scenario campaign is what pushed Tekekn 6 back another year and it turned out to be garbage.
Time could have been well spent on making the netcode playable or make better customs for the casual side of things or hell do both.

I totally agree with you on that. They could have done a much better job with the online mode. Having to wait for a match is just stupid, it's just as bad (if not worse) than DOAD.

R3ddragon666

I totally agree with you on that. They could have done a much better job with the online mode. Having to wait for a match is just stupid, it's just as bad (if not worse) than DOAD.

Hell yeah not to also mention the disconnects which happens way too often especially during co-op Scenario Campaign.
They need to steal Project Soul's netcode for Tekken Tag Tournament 2

ScattereDreams

Of course the way to win is different if one character is out then you lose the round you have to use your characters in a smart manner.
Other than the other things you listed which is valid the core gameplay still feels like Tekken 3 if you strip the netsu,tag throws,character specific team strategies etc.

How you win in TTT2 is different from T6. You said losing one of your characters means you lose a round so you have to play in a smarter manner but, character playstyles and teams also depend on how you win. In TTT2 Byran x Hwoarang team is by far the deadliest because of their oki set up's and tech traps could mean death if you tech the wrong way. Unlike T6 a low tier and, a mid tier character could be a well designed team in TTT2. In DOA4 tag, guard breaking/crushing was a essential because you could quickly tag in your next character and pretty much get a free hit/stun properties. As for MK idk because I "STRONGLY DISLIKE" that game.

R3ddragon666

How you win in TTT2 is different from T6. You said losing one of your characters means you lose a round so you have to play in a smarter manner but, character playstyles and teams also depend on how you win. In TTT2 Byran x Hwoarang team is by far the deadliest because of their oki set up's and tech traps could mean death if you tech the wrong way. Unlike T6 a low tier and, a mid tier character could be a well designed team in TTT2. In DOA4 tag, guard breaking/crushing was a essential because you could quickly tag in your next character and pretty much get a free hit/stun properties. As for MK idk because I "STRONGLY DISLIKE" that game.

I meant TTT1 and T3 but i agree with everything you said. I heard that Jun x Asuka is top tier and very good for mind games is that true?.

@ Sypher I know, it's that good.

DrDogg

If you weren't a competitive player in TTT1 and T3, then you have no business acting like you know the differences between the two. Just like anyone who doesn't know all of the ins and outs of DOA shouldn't be calling it a fan service fighter. The circle goes both ways.

HokutoNoBen

Hopefully they realize a holiday release is suicide for any fighter. TTT2 is the least of DOA5 worries.

It's risky, but it COULD work to the game's advantage, too. If the game is actually good and stands to have some legs, it'd be in a nice position for any possible Black Friday sales that following November, which would be appreciated by those who aren't planning to be Day 1 subscribers.

R3ddragon666

If you weren't a competitive player in TTT1 and T3, then you have no business acting like you know the differences between the two. Just like anyone who doesn't know all of the ins and outs of DOA shouldn't be calling it a fan service fighter. The circle goes both ways.

Take a chill pill sir.

Orange Pork

It's just a placeholder date. Gamestop enters them into their database as soon as the game is available for preorder. When the actual release date is announced, we'll know the same time retailers do.

DrDogg

It's just a placeholder date. Gamestop enters them into their database as soon as the game is available for preorder. When the actual release date is announced, we'll know the same time retailers do.

Aren't placeholder dates usually the first or last day of the month? This is a Tuesday.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
It's the first and last Tuesday of the month. Electronics, especially movies and videogames, are almost always dated for Tuesdays.
With the exception of Nintendo published titles, this tends to be the case with video games, movies and music releases.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD