About morons online

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
The only time i gripe about helena online is the fact that i cant low throw punish her to save my frikkin life. I can deal with her offline pretty well its just online shes a damn nightmare. Like rikuto said i dont get much complaints any more because "im known" but on PS3 when im under a different name I get more hate. I just hate when people try to use online as a grounds to determine who's better because offline there much more that goes into it. Like pressure, being able to react and punish everything, among other things. But like JDE so elegantly put go offline people. it'll open your eyes.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I'd love to go offline and play somewhere that doesn't require a 200+ dollar flight, + hotel rooms, + other expenses.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'd love to go offline and play somewhere that doesn't require a 200+ dollar flight, + hotel rooms, + other expenses.
Just do what you can bro. lol.. I didn't mean to offend anybody in here. It's just I looked up & down this thread & saw some posts that needed addressing is all.

NightAntilli

I will rant if you use Christie in an extremely laggy match. People complain a lot about Helena, but I find Christie to be a million times worse in lag.

akhi216

Standard Donor
I'll keep doing ground attacks after I win if I've landed throughout the set couple of times in jest because I'm a bit of a troll. I'll also taunt excessively after a win in jest if I've been taunting throughout the match for the same reason.

I feel that there is no reason to get upset over ground throws on a KO'ed opponent hence it's obviously in jest. One should expect a Bass player to pick up a downed opponent (get up you lazy bum!) after a win hence there aren't many Bass players that wouldn't.

I think that many people get upset with taunts/ground attacks after a KO due to belief that their opponent was using 'cheap' tactics to win.

If I'm KO my opponent on a breakable floor I insist on doing an attack that causes the floor to break partially because I'm a troll and partially because it looks so cool.

Bushido

I'll keep doing ground attacks after I win if I've landed throughout the set couple of times in jest because I'm a bit of a troll. I'll also taunt excessively after a win in jest if I've been taunting throughout the match for the same reason.

I feel that there is no reason to get upset over ground throws on a KO'ed opponent hence it's obviously in jest. One should expect a Bass player to pick up a downed opponent (get up you lazy bum!) after a win hence there aren't many Bass players that wouldn't.

I think that many people get upset with taunts/ground attacks after a KO due to belief that their opponent was using 'cheap' tactics to win.

If I'm KO my opponent on a breakable floor I insist on doing an attack that causes the floor to break partially because I'm a troll and partially because it looks so cool.
You are like the biggest troll I've fought...I guess you can do that after you tear them apart though..

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I'm think I'm starting to pick up bad habits after playing so many ranked matches. Great...

DeathHand

People are just flat out pathetic online. I go into lobbies land say a 12 win streak or so, I don't taunt or beat people about after KO, I am as respectful as possible when dealing with other players. But as soon as I lose one match the person I lost to goes out of their way to be a c**t to me in return.

I can't empathise with the mentality of someone feels the need to be a dick to someone who is being friendly to them.
!!!oh yeah ur that guy that kicked my ass xD ur damm good.to bad most players do not think the way u do =´7

I've met S ranked players that were really bad (even I could beat them). Then again, I've met S ranked players that kicked my as mercilessly.
yeah that happends to me a lot sometimes, F and B are better that a lot of S sometimes, Im like "yeeeh I won against 2 S" comes a F or B I lose, me "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFU**" xD

I've found that having a group of friends to play with in this game is better than doing it alone. We all go into a lobby and just have fun. With random people you can run into some real nasty people.
thats how I mostly enjoy this game now.just recently I found a guy that was calling me all kinds of names and saying that hayate parry move was a glitch,then he won and started singing and put on some pop music all happy about it xD ....I was like "if I ever get this pathetic some1 please do me a favor and stab dagger in my eye ;´.

Omegan Eckhart

!!!oh yeah ur that guy that kicked my ass xD ur damm good.to bad most players do not think the way u do =´7

Ya did flatten me me in one match so it wasn't completely one sided :p

The problem is that she cant be punished online most of the time so even if they know you can punish something and that doesnt work they re gonna be frustrated... Still its not the characters (or yours) fault just the games - netcodes
Helena isn't hard to punish overall. Whenever I play against other Helena players I generally play defensive and throw punish em to death seeing as most of her string are -9 at best.

The problem you are most likely facing which I occasionally struggle with is punishing her lows like 8K that leave her at -8. You gotta recognise that she has gone into BKO and then throw punish her which is tough. BT 4PK is an absolute bitch seeing as it's -6 making it a 1 frame punish.
1PPK, 4PPKK, 6KK and BKO 4PKK are overall hard to punish, not just online.

When you block her 3in1's and do an i12 mid and still lose to her 6P, yeah that's laggy bullshit right there.

TRI Mike

This thread is about people complaining after getting taunted¿ I taunt after every round I win... I can't help it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Looking back at everything that's happened in the past two months, I find that stream monsters / fake friends who curse your name after supporting an offline scene the best you could (and not by their "expectations") are many times worse than any online moron. I can deal with the latter a little easier now, but I still haven't shaken the fear of playing on stream. smdgh

Koompbala

Looking back at everything that's happened in the past two months, I find that stream monsters / fake friends who curse your name after supporting an offline scene the best you could (and not by their "expectations") are many times worse than any online moron. I can deal with the latter a little easier now, but I still haven't shaken the fear of playing on stream. smdgh

You should go on steam more often. Find out who your friends really are. Screw them don't worry about it. Leave em and dont look back

DeathHand

This thread is about people complaining after getting taunted¿ I taunt after every round I win... I can't help it.
its not just the taunting alone,its about hiting and tauting and talking bulls*** about u affter Ko, u see this ppl having this kind of childish behaviour and when they loose they quit and complain about imaginary lag or saying that some move u did is unbalanced or even a error and give u bad rep. xD I personaly dont taunt I dont see the fun of it unless Im playing with a friend like Lokusbluete (we do that just to mess around with each other sometimes xD ),but I dont get mad with ppl that just taunt after K.o its not anoying or anything, whats realy annoying is the attitude I described before.if u look at my post before u will understand

Omegan Eckhart

I hate helena online. Offline its easier to deal with her. Aurora lets get some games in sometime

We haven't played together since DOA4, ah nostalgia. I'll send you a FR when I get online next. The connection was quite good for us on DOA4 but I have no idea whether DOA5 will be the same. Here's hoping the netcode doesn't shit itself inside out.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD