About morons online

vINv

Another thing is doas netcode is terrible i really hope they get servers like soul calibur or tekken tag 2 that would b so nice :)

Keved

People are idiots i get rage quitters dailey half of it is online netcode the other half is ppls ignorance and unwillingness to learn the game tbags and taunts arnt necessary u never know how the other person might take offense i lost a friend cuz taunted that it was in good taste considering the match we were having but he got upset and removed me so i learned from it and i do onto others as they do onto me ps im sorry again mr crazy steady leader of nexus -_-i
Don't even go there champ. I get muffled gibberish & have specks of raging-player spittle soiling my ears through the mic when i go online with the headset equipped.Why i use the headset contraption these days i don't know. Glutton for abuse maybe? :cool:

Now, I will be the first to openly admit that i pretty much fail at this game, I know this & i acknowledge this (although i am getting good with Gen Fu, cussing out his strengths & weaknesses). The issue is, people online (atleast the ones I've encountered in my experience) take losing really badly & seriously. You win a match & almost feel as though someone is going to lynch you for it. Sure, noone likes losing but noone likes a sore loser either. If someone can't play this game expecting to drop a few matches be it to pro players or casuals without keeping a cool head then maybe this isn't the hobby for some people.

I don't play this game in an attractive manner, my timing with counters is pants & my attempt at side stepping goes tits up nine times out of ten, but when i do muster up a few wins (much to my own surprise) damn do i cop some flak for it. I get called it all: "Spammer" "Scrub" "Weak-as-piss, cheap-way-out spamming filth" "Bitch of various mothers" You name it, I've most likely been called it. But with the mic i have a voice whereas these fellows have to type out cranky mispelt messages to get their ill point across :cool: Having a mic has it's advantages because speaking is faster than typing. As for rage-quitters that you mentioned, i get them too. In fact during a few matches, i had some fights that looked in the bag with 2-0 fight count leads until my opponent pulled the plug & denied me of a victory. What can you do though?

I lose more than i win & i throw out the odd taunt here in there for abit of light-hearted fun to urge the opponents hunger to win further. Players I've met also have problems with this too, usually labeling it as cheating or distracting, but it's part of the game so i will use it if it puts my opponent at a disadvantage. If someone taunts me mid-match, post or after a fight it doesn't really bother me much, it annoys me in a sense because you lose, but at the same time it ignites you to fight better, adding to the thrill of the fights imo.

I know i play ugly, but eh that's just the way i play. Everyone has their own way of winning, & this is mine. All I'd like from online gaming is fair play when warranted. If i win, i won't brag over the mic like some mighty toffee-nosed elitist, if i lose i won't cry crocodile tears because the spamming player spammed to win. It's a game, you win some, you lose some. Whether the masses online will ever grasp that losing isn't the end of the world & winning isn't going to earn you prize money (unless you're involved in an offline tournament) is unlikely, but there is always hope, albeit small.

Play online & have fun, winning or losing. That is the best way to enjoy online gaming imo. :)

Dave

I've found that having a group of friends to play with in this game is better than doing it alone. We all go into a lobby and just have fun. With random people you can run into some real nasty people.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Well, I see you main Mila, and although I don't see her criticized so much on the boards, I get it constantly online while playing her, though I never got anything negative when I had played Hayabusa. She's different, and often requires a different approach to attack her and defend against her. Most aren't really used to it and fall for the same tricks over and over again, and then they call the Mila player a spammer, or cheap character for punishing them constantly.
This happens to Helena players like myself as well. People whine about her ever since the game's release. It's as if people are ignorant and want character individuality to be eliminated and decide to beg TN, like dogs, for nerfs. This is how Mamba feels when everyone dogs on Helena, claiming that she's "broken."

Awesmic

Standard Donor
All I'd like from online gaming is fair play when warranted. If i win, i won't brag over the mic like some mighty toffee-nosed elitist...
That doesn't stop them from doing it behind your back.

You'd be surprised how quickly ugly rumors spread, and how many of your friends turn against you as a result. =/

Yaguar

I won a ranked match as Zack vs. a Kokoro yesterday. Promptly recieved a charming message over PSN:
"fat noob loser"

I gave him a few replies regarding his tears and actually some tips mixed in. He didn't seen happy about being offered advice... Scrubs gonna scrub.

vINv

This happens to Helena players like myself as well. People whine about her ever since the game's release. It's as if people are ignorant and want character individuality to be eliminated and decide to beg TN, like dogs, for nerfs. This is how Mamba feels when everyone dogs on Helena, claiming that she's "broken."
I back this statment fully helenas takes hard work dedicationn frame study set up practice and mix up practice knowledge of all her transitions were not just mashing and ppl whine like an S+ KASUMI. Really kasumi and whining bout helena online= idjits 75% of the time

phoenix1985gr

I back this statment fully helenas takes hard work dedicationn frame study set up practice and mix up practice knowledge of all her transitions were not just mashing and ppl whine like an S+ KASUMI. Really kasumi and whining bout helena online= idjits 75% of the time

Actually helena is the worst character online without a doubt... blocking her 2h+k or the string ender (1ppk, 6kk etc) and gettting beat by her 6p trying to use a 12f mid is ridiculus... I blame the netcode though and not the character but still helena is a different character online...

vINv

Actually helena is the worst character online without a doubt... blocking her 2h+k or the string ender (1ppk, 6kk etc) and gettting beat by her 6p trying to use a 12f mid is ridiculus... I blame the netcode though and not the character but still helena is a different character online...
that is understandble what irratates me as i stated above when i take the time to learn frames and punishes and try to help others they bitch i should not b critzied for wanting to b better then the average nub

phoenix1985gr

that is understandble what irratates me as i stated above when i take the time to learn frames and punishes and try to help others they bitch i should not b critzied for wanting to b better then the average nub

The problem is that she cant be punished online most of the time so even if they know you can punish something and that doesnt work they re gonna be frustrated... Still its not the characters (or yours) fault just the games - netcodes

vINv

Shes not the only one theirs a few chacters that get away with that very same thing sometimes it makes not want even bother

SilverKhaos

I've found that having a group of friends to play with in this game is better than doing it alone. We all go into a lobby and just have fun. With random people you can run into some real nasty people.

This is my main issue. None of my friends play fighters. But I love fighters, so I play anyway and mainly wind up playing random people, which really sucks the fun out of it for me because of how they act.

Bushido

I've never really had a problem with these online people, except when I pull out Alpha occasionally. Recently, a lot of people want me to help them get better...

Pokerking87

It annoys me when People write in the chat when the losing
It lags or that i spam with Christie that makes very angry.

Emulsion

The old lag excuse, not just a DOA excuse, every game someone comes out with that. I sure some people deliberately make it lag. I have played one or two matches where the connection shows 3 or 4, and then as soon as the match starts it suddenly drops to 1 and stays there.

Pokerking87

I know what you mean especially against french player! Yesterday i played some Fights in a french Lobby it Shows 3 or 4 Bar but the Lag was horrible!

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm actually surprised that this topic is still going on lol... But anyways, it's no different than half of the you in here getting all butthurt over people who turtle or zone in space when their character is supposed to be played that way. And then call the person who's doing it annoying & then trashing them in the process. Stop being hypocrites (and this is directed to anybody in here, but you know who you are, too). Shout out to the ones who don't & you know who you are too. Why I say this? because I've played some of you & I seen your comments & rants, downplaying the people you're playing. So don't act like you don't do it especially when I seen you do it. HAHA

Mainly get it when I use Ayane when I was practicing for offline. Hell, any ninja for that matter. Especially Kasumi & Ayane, But anyways, Just brush off the people who get mad & keep it moving. I mean it's the internet, so it's gonna happen. There's people that are gonna get mad & do stupid shit for whatever reason.

And those of you that keep saying that "Lag is just an excuse", It is not an excuse! In lag, you drop juggles, you don't react the same way, & the stuff that's punishable is not always punishable online. You can't even really "block" properly online lmao. But that's the problem with alot of you. You're content with the game online & don't care about how it's played by offline competitors because you never been or you do know but don't care about it. So you think it's an excuse when people point it out. So they have legitimate reasons to talk about the online netcode. But this is also another reason why it should encourage you to try to build your scene or if you can, go to an offline event. Those of you who haven't been to an offline event don't know what it's like yet, but I promise your mindset will change if you do.

Just ignore the ignorant shit & move on. Forget about them! That's all I gotta say. & this thread is dumb.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm actually surprised that this topic is still going on lol... But anyways, it's no different than half of the you in here getting all butthurt over people who turtle & zone in space when their character is supposed to be played that way. And then call the person who's doing it annoying & then trashing them in the process. Stop being hypocrites (and this is directed to anybody in here, but you know who you are, too). Shout out to the ones who don't & you know who you are too. Why I say this? because I've played some of you & I seen your comments & rants. So don't act like you don't do it especially when I seen you do it. HAHA

Mainly get it when I use Ayane when I was practicing for offline. Hell, any ninja for that matter. Especially Kasumi & Ayane, But anyways, Just brush off the people who get mad & keep it moving. I mean it's the internet, so it's gonna happen. There's people that are gonna get mad & do stupid shit for whatever reason.

And those of you that keep saying that "Lag is just an excuse", It is not an excuse! In lag, you drop juggles, you don't react the same way, & the stuff that's punishable is not always punishable online. You can't even really "block" properly online lmao. But that's the problem with alot of you. You're content with the game online & don't care about how it's played by offline competitors because you never been or you do know but don't care about it. So you think it's an excuse when people point it out. So they have legitimate reasons to talk about the online netcode. But this is also another reason why it should encourage you to try to build your scene or if you can, go to an offline event. Those of you who haven't been to an offline event don't know what it's like yet, but I promise your mindset will change if you do.

Just ignore the ignorant shit & move on. Forget about them! That's all I gotta say. & this thread is dumb.
God dammit, this post is beautiful
large_George-W-Bush-Oct11-01-Legacy.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD