About morons online

Brute

Standard Donor
I played as all those characters before -_-
The only character in the game I didn't play was Gen Fu. And the people saying Ryu is OP are retarded in the first place. I am sure you agree with me.
You played them all regularly online? Man, you must have a lot of online experience. xD

Offline doesn't count because players aren't usually as whiny offline.

Murakame

I don't understand it, how in the hell is Ryu OP? :confused:

When scrubs are confused and don't understand how to deal with a tactic they will call anything overpowered. It is an excuse for their laziness. "Why adapt to things when you can just patch it out?" is the general mindset of most scrubs. Just look at phoenix wright in ultimate marvel vs capcom 3. Those of you that play that game know the dude had like nothing going for him. His normals were ass, he had like no range and had to rely on a gimmicky strategy in a game where one touch is death. The scrubs complained that his assist in the godlike mode that took so much work to get into was cheap. No more godlike assist for Wright. No more payoff to balance out the risk taken.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't understand it, how in the hell is Ryu OP? :confused:
He's not. Noobs just don't know how limited his options really are.

Once you learn his ins and outs, he's actually one of the easiest characters to rushdown. I still think he needs buffs.

...and maybe a nerf in regard to his ridiculous ceiling combos. He can get over 150 points of damage from one Hi Counter Throw, which seems a bit crazy.

Mailifang

I get random rage mail from time to time.Its usually when I use 3 characters. Leifang, Pai and Christie. My Leifang gets hated on because I play a very patient game and just counter the hell out people. My Pai gets hate because I'm just constantly on the offensive and mixing my opponent up. Whenever I choose Christie its more just to expose players who are not good defensively and boost my morale when I get salty lol. When I beat people with Pai and Christie I get the most rage mail.

I was in a lobby full of A ranks . Most of the guys had mics so they were just BSing and trash talking. I lost my first 5 matches.So one guy was calling me scrub and that I was free. One of the other players in the lobby said I wasn't that bad.But that A rank guy was still talking shit. I got pissed so I picked Christie when my turn came up and went on a 6 match winning streak. The guy who called me a scrub got hella mad and kept talking shit. The other guys were laughing and kept skipping their turns so me and the asshole guy could play each other. I beat him 4 straight times and then he left the room. The other guys just laughed and I added 3 more people to my friends list and I got one beauty of a rage msg from the guy that left. Saying I spammed with Christie, I couldn't beat him with anyone else,and saying I was still scrub. So I sent him a msg back with my record against him (6-2) and told him to get better and then I blocked him.

The Irony is that I play a very scrubby Christie ^_^.

HiguraShiki

You played them all regularly online? Man, you must have a lot of online experience. xD

Offline doesn't count because players aren't usually as whiny offline.
Online actually. I switch around from time to time, so I kind of do have a lot of match up experience.

IceMage95

I get called a turtler or a lagger a lot. Personally, I don't think that there is anything wrong with backing off after a barrage of attacks so as to not get caught by a wake up kick and put into a stun followed by a damaging combo while playing online. Online is just too random at times. And I think the people who rage in messages about the lag just don't understand that DOA5 has a crappy netcode which makes connections worse than they really are and that they just have the temper of a six year old.

Brute

Standard Donor
I get called a turtler or a lagger a lot. Personally, I don't think that there is anything wrong with backing off after a barrage of attacks so as to not get caught by a wake up kick and put into a stun followed by a damaging combo while playing online. Online is just too random at times. And I think the people who rage in messages about the lag just don't understand that DOA5 has a crappy netcode which makes connections worse than they really are and that they just have the temper of a six year old.
I get accused of the same which is fucking hilarious for several reasons. First, Hayabusa doesn't excel at close range. I'd like to see them not try to create some space. Secondly, THEY TURTLE. That's right. Every time I use 7P, they just sit back and turtle. I'm forced to move in EVERY FUCKING MATCH. Seriously. Every one.

I do the opposite of turtling because everyone else does it. I just get some space before moving in because that's how you sorta have to play with Ryu.

TL;DR: This post is appropriate with the thread's title. Noobs. Noobs everywhere.

IceMage95

I get accused of the same which is fucking hilarious for several reasons. First, Hayabusa doesn't excel at close range. I'd like to see them not try to create some space. Secondly, THEY TURTLE. That's right. Every time I use 7P, they just sit back and turtle. I'm forced to move in EVERY FUCKING MATCH. Seriously. Every one.

I do the opposite of turtling because everyone else does it. I just get some space before moving in because that's how you sorta have to play with Ryu.

TL;DR: This post is appropriate with the thread's title. Noobs. Noobs everywhere.
Ayane isn't good at close range either. It's pretty hilarious at how some people think that the proper way to play the game is to just constantly get in their opponent's face to get somewhere. And if people think turtlers are bad, why don't they just rush them instead and put them against a wall? Oh wait, they're morons =D.

Brute

Standard Donor
Ayane isn't good at close range either. It's pretty hilarious at how some people think that the proper way to play the game is to just constantly get in their opponent's face to get somewhere. And if people think turtlers are bad, why don't they just rush them instead and put them against a wall? Oh wait, they're morons =D.
She's decent. Her speed and crushes allow her to stand ground at close range. I find she's best at best-range, though. At close range you run the risk of having spins intercepted.

Murakame

Yea, I couldn't figure out who to main until I played Mila. I still play a lot of chars, even Bayman and Bass from time to time. Just not Gen Fu, I probably should learn him soon.

Lol was Gen fu last on that list because he seemed the least interesting? I've only seen you play Mila and Ayane how's your Bayman?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I beat this one guy last night 5 out of 6 matches. I lost the last match, and he sends me a taunting message that my akira is crap and that I could be so much better. I'm quite certain he put me on avoid after that match too because I didn't fight him the rest of the night. But anyway, Instead of raging back, I like to respond with something nonsensical like, "You're right. Siberian polar bears do enjoy a good cashew."

Batcommander

I beat this one guy last night 5 out of 6 matches. I lost the last match, and he sends me a taunting message that my akira is crap and that I could be so much better. I'm quite certain he put me on avoid after that match too because I didn't fight him the rest of the night. But anyway, Instead of raging back, I like to respond with something nonsensical like, "You're right. Siberian polar bears do enjoy a good cashew."
That is the most classiest comeback ever. ;)

EDog21

I do feel bad abusing lows online, so I can understand some anger there. The only thing I hate is one bar connections and the people I play against with them. Its so annoying, as if my crappy akira didn't have enough to worry about.

ChainCombo

It also seems that most of the people that do this are just morons in general. Always criticizing the way you play, saying you spam too much or abuse moves and how that shows little skill.

Got this more than once. I'll admit I'll have my off days and then I'll be in the zone on others. I take my loses, no big deal just make up for the mistakes I made in the last round but dude, it's not enough that you beat me you have to keep striking me on the ground when the round is over too? Lol okay.

loralei

Why I don't play online often: Scrubs, people rubbing their lag based win in my face, and "unable to find an opponent".
Although the other day I had an amazing match with "alyssa owns u" playing as Kasumi on the dojo stage. she started side stepping for no reason at the beginning (we had both backed up) so I started doing it too. The first 5 minutes were basically just me and her sidestepping, pressing block really quickly, Kasumi's running throw, Hitomi's running kick, and my power blow timed the same as hers beating Kasumi's out. Everyone else in the lobby left.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD