Alpha 152 concerns?

Nightpup

I'm not sure what backlinking is but for DOA4 all you have to do to unlock everything is download a completed save and re-sign it for your profile. There's also save unlocking tools for PS3 but I'm not sure if they will work without custom firmware. Man I miss the days before achievements ruined save sharing
Backlinking basically means tying unlocks in a game to their respective achievements. That way, no matter what type of savefile you have on your console, if your profile has that achievement for the unlockable content, it will be unlocked.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Backlinking basically means tying unlocks in a game to their respective achievements. That way, no matter what type of savefile you have on your console, if your profile has that achievement for the unlockable content, it will be unlocked.

I don't know if any game actually does that, but it should be a standard feature for all games.

AKNova7

That's not how it works, you still have to do the requirement regardless of trophy/achievement if the save isn't there.

I know, but what I'm saying is it wouldn't be hard to code in, and would be quite convenient.

I don't know if any game actually does that, but it should be a standard feature for all games.

Agreed. Especially fighting games.

another solution would be to have the company supply an unlock code to tournament organizers..i dont think thats too hard .. have the code disable game achievements as well so they dont pop up mid match as well .. (although you can disable those popups manually )

god I remember the times where id have to go early to a tournament and grind my way through the game just to unlock everyone .. (im looking at you soul calibur 4 ! lol )

Unlock code. Yup, that could do it too. We really should figure out ways to make this work, but to be honest, I support backlinking regardless of unlock code or not because it helps the average user as well as everyone else.

Rubedood

Fuck any game that forces you to unlock characters. TN is living in the past. They need to get with the times already. Hell, look how that Mila plan turned out, lol.

synce

Yeah, lock them on the disc and sell them to us later (actually they're doing this with the bikinis anyway). Or be like Namco and pretend you're giving us free DLC two months after release when it was on the disc the whole time..

Seriously though, a good solution would be what they did with DOAX2 - give people the choice between unlocking stuff themselves or paying for it.

Rubedood

Yeah cause you know that's fair.

Seriously though, they should give you the option to unlock characters over time, since most people loathe having to grind offline for that shit. For christ's sake, I just wanna get the game and play Akira, but NO, I have to fucking unlock him first. Such bullshit.

phoenix1985gr

If we re talking only about characters i agree too! But i still enjoy having costumes endings maybe even a fun mode to unlock...

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
If we re talking only about characters i agree too! But i still enjoy having costumes endings maybe even a fun mode to unlock...

Costumes, system voices, music, and that kind of stuff are fine. Anything that directly effects gameplay (characters and stages) should be open from the start. As for an extra mode, I'd say that if it's training mode or a competitive mode, it should be open from the start. Other nonsense like Arcade could be locked though.

synce

Holy crap one of the titles requires playing with Kasumi 50 times... if most characters have it that's over 1000 matches right there... :(

IceMage95

Holy crap one of the titles requires playing with Kasumi 50 times... if most characters have it that's over 1000 matches right there... :(
According to the website, titles are only obtained in story mode. So either there are 50 matches where you play as Kasumi or the game is making you replay story mode, the latter of which I think TN is making players do.

Doug Nguyen

Yeah is there some list. Id like to see them. I hope its not too hard but seeing that theres one that requires you to play as Kasumi 50 times, seems like they might be some what redundant. At least im a Kasumi player so that one title should be easy.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm just going by this old screenshot: http://iplaywinner.com/picture/210306_10151049642366785_1828362691_o.jpeg?pictureId=15978657

Alpha's looking like a distant dream lol I'm trying to do the math here and with 1 round VS matches w/smallest life gauge maybe you can grind those "X Fighter" titles away in 5 hours... But if there's a 100 hours played title like DOA4...

That link isn't working. I really hope she's isn't unlocked through all titles. That would be really fucking stupid of TN.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD