Any early netcode impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sultan

Not enough people online for anything beyond the Lobby mode which you can both search for and create your own. Mr. Wah and I tested some more matches last night and it was definitely more playable, though still laggy. I guess if you primarily played online in DoA4 it should be relatively close in experience. If you primarily play offline you may have issues with it.

I'm glad that the player mode is similar to the DOA4 online mode and hopefully TN will use players reviews about the ranked mode and change it as soon as possible.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Honestly Ranked is fine. The whole reason there are other modes is for people to get back to back matches in and have more control. Ranked being the way it is works great because you can't screen opponents, you never have a fight that will go over-long if it's laggy, and you can invite people to a lobby after if you enjoyed the match. Any other setup would also encourage boosting. I'm not sure why people are having a problem with that setup myself. You don't need ranking points to have enjoyable online fights.

Conun

People shouldn't accept crap from Team Ninja , we rant about this like Ninja Gaiden and we see Dead Or Alive 5 Hardcore on Wii U with better online.

I am disappointed with the online and for me DOA4's worked better and to say with DOA4 , I've never had but a few laggy matches and that online system was like made in 2006.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It's getting better. We'll see in the next couple days. We may also be playing without a patch intended for day one, according to rumors.

Sam Sultan

Hmm i guess it's to early to draw conclusions just yet, given the fact that the game isn't even officially released yet. I think the online mode will be good eventually. The only thing that kinda disappointed me was the ranked mode but i'm glad they made the player mode the way i wanted it to be made. I'm still hyped about the game but unfortunately i wont be playing the game until the 28th of the month:( since i live in Europe.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It's worth the wait. It's not a perfect game by any stretch, but Team NINJA knocked the core gameplay out of the park, especially compared to the last couple entries.

MaxwellMouse

It's worth the wait. It's not a perfect game by any stretch, but Team NINJA knocked the core gameplay out of the park, especially compared to the last couple entries.
After the pessimism pertaining to the gameplay the last two weeks this is great to hear.

TheTHCGamer

Honestly Ranked is fine. The whole reason there are other modes is for people to get back to back matches in and have more control. Ranked being the way it is works great because you can't screen opponents, you never have a fight that will go over-long if it's laggy, and you can invite people to a lobby after if you enjoyed the match. Any other setup would also encourage boosting. I'm not sure why people are having a problem with that setup myself. You don't need ranking points to have enjoyable online fights.
Well think about it this way rank is just another incentive to play the game. Even though online rank is flawed people do want to know how they stack up against other players online including there friends.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Well think about it this way rank is just another incentive to play the game. Even though online rank is flawed people do want to know how they stack up against other players online including there friends.
I get the concept behind rank. I didn't at any point say ranked matches themselves didn't matter. What I said was the perceived problems with the mode aren't that serious because you have other options if you want more control. Ranked is fine as-is.

TheTHCGamer

I get the concept behind rank. I didn't at any point say ranked matches themselves didn't matter. What I said was the perceived problems with the mode aren't that serious because you have other options if you want more control. Ranked is fine as-is.
I was referring to your last sentence because ranking points do add to some peoples fun even though as i stated online rank is flawed. I agree with everything else ranked is fine as is because its harder to boost/cheat with the way its setup. I just hoped for some online quality on par with VF5FS and TTT2 which doesnt seem the case at the moment.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I mostly meant it as "You don't need to play ranked to have fun," but I see how you got that meaning. Wasn't my point, though.

TheTHCGamer

I mostly meant it as "You don't need to play ranked to have fun," but I see how you got that meaning. Wasn't my point, though.
Unfortunately not everyone sees it that way VF5FS for example everyone was mainly in ranked matches. Its the whole gambling thing the risk and reward factor which is why people sometimes prefer ranked matches. I do prefer lobby matches however and its a way to level up faster than just playing against randoms online.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Luckily I am of the firm belief that my opinion is precisely that. People can see things the way they choose to and nothing I post is going to change that for most. Just offering my own viewpoint on things which some people like to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD