Any early netcode impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTHCGamer

[ quote="CyberEvil, post: 41805, member: 386"]Yes you can. They are Lobby matches, Simple matches (random unranked) and Ranked (random...well, ranked).

Oh, thank God. I was sweatin' there for a second lol

I still am after whats he's stated about his online impressions so far.

ScattereDreams

A friend of mines from Taiwan has it. He said he's played about 40 matches online.

So far I've only played with people in the same country as I'm from. The results seem to be okay for most of the time unless you really meet a player with a very terrible ISP.

I guess we'll all really have to see for ourselves, or wait to see if TN has a patch on Tuesday.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
From playing the other Doa's online, I am not sure why this one is not at least up to par. maybe there is a day 1 patch that will fix this issue. It makes no sense for Doa5 to have worst online play compared to even Doa2u that came out 8 years ago.

N0rdicNinja

Hopefully the netcode can be patched. Matched rooms will be missed but I can live without them, in the end I don't care what "modes" I play with online as long as I can reasonably do so.

RoboJoe

Even if the netcode is patched, don't expect a miracle. As far as I know, Team Ninja has not created any games with a good netcode yet so it seems like they lack the skill or the drive to do so. More likely than that is that the netcode is good enough for japan/japan matches so TN considers it good enough. I'd love to be proven wrong though

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
It looks like I won't be playing this much online then. I only care to play casual matches with friends so it's not a total lost. Besides I didn't expect doa to have a good online. The gameplay better be well worth buying this game.

TheTHCGamer

I really hope TN fixes this on day one, I'm already a lag magnet. A bad netcode will only make it worse.
Lets hope the online is up to VF5FS and TTT2 standards because i dont want to be online gaming like its 1995. Anyway its good to see you on these boards and i cant wait to get some matches in online IF the game plays like it deserves to online. I know both of us have been looking forward to this game so lets hope netcode pans out.

Lets hope the online is up to VF5FS and TTT2 standards because i dont want to be online gaming like its 1995. Anyway its good to see you on these boards and i cant wait to get some matches in online IF the game plays like it deserves to online. I know both of us have been looking forward to this game so lets hope netcode pans out.
Yea I've been freaking out over this game since last september, and even though i hate lag I will play online even if the net code is bad. I'm pretty sure TN will come up with a solution for the netcode once people start complaining to them about it.

TheTHCGamer

Yea I've been freaking out over this game since last september, and even though i hate lag I will play online even if the net code is bad. I'm pretty sure TN will come up with a solution for the netcode once people start complaining to them about it.
I think we need to start now in other words blow up there twitter and facebook. Lag is always going to be there but i just dont want there to be noticeable lag on a regular basis. On top of that its going to be hard to impossible to go back to laggy matches after playing games like VF5FS and TTT2 online.

MaxwellMouse

I would not be surprised if Team Ninja addresses the lag. I bet they get flooded on facebook and twitter about it. Plus most reviews will dock points because of it, Team Ninja won't like that.

TheTHCGamer

I would not be surprised if Team Ninja addresses the lag. I bet they get flooded on facebook and twitter about it. Plus most reviews will dock points because of it, Team Ninja won't like that.
Its funny that you mention that because you would think aspects like online play are what big media reviewers would actually bring up since they dont know much about other aspects for the most part like gameplay. Thing is the quality of the netcode and how the game plays online is hardly ever brought up in reviews for fighting games.

Breaking NEWS!!!!!!!! My video game reviewer friend just told me that TN is going to release a patch on Tuesday which will fix a number of things(including the netcode). :)

Orange Pork

You guys are actually surprised that you can't rematch people in Ranked mode? I can't even name one game in the past five years that does that. It's ranked mode. It ranks you against random opponents. Boosting your win/loss against the same person over and over defeats the entire purpose. If you want to play a first to five or something, do Player Matches. That's what that's for.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Breaking NEWS!!!!!!!! My video game reviewer friend just told me that TN is going to release a patch on Tuesday which will fix a number of things(including the netcode). :)
Did this come from a source like, I dunno... Dengeki?

Cause you're like... missing a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD