Any early netcode impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTHCGamer

That's not what I'm comparing them to.
Sorry about that i see that you were referring to the matchmaking system which i agree with but it can still be flawed for example if your able to set certain rank restrictions the same opponents will still pop up meaning you can keep playing the same person. Now if your not able to put in restrictions and not able to choose your opponent in ranked opponents can always disconnect when there about to lose which happens a lot in fighting games.

HALO 3 in my opinion was the last great HALO game i couldnt stand REACH but i am looking forward to HALO 4.

TheTHCGamer

Breaking NEWS!!!!!!!! My video game reviewer friend just told me that TN is going to release a patch on Tuesday which will fix a number of things(including the netcode). :)
I sure hope so because i want this game to play its best online because this is one DOA game that deserves it and if you want send me a PM about anything you know either here or a PS3 message.

Scornwell

Sorry about that i see that you were referring to the matchmaking system which i agree with but it can still be flawed for example if your able to set certain rank restrictions the same opponents will still pop up meaning you can keep playing the same person. Now if your not able to put in restrictions and not able to choose your opponent in ranked opponents can always disconnect when there about to lose which happens a lot in fighting games.

HALO 3 in my opinion was the last great HALO game i couldnt stand REACH but i am looking forward to HALO 4.
You see, I like to wrap the ethernet cable around my big toe, so that when I'm at that last sliver of health I can YANK it out of the Xbox360 while I pout about how matchmaking isn't fair. ;)

TheTHCGamer

You see, I like to wrap the ethernet cable around my big toe, so that when I'm at that last sliver of health I can YANK it out of the Xbox360 while I pout about how matchmaking isn't fair. ;)
Your clever thats definitely one of the best methods ive heard but if you disconnect isnt that because the person your playing against is being cheap or using a cheap character? Yea i dont see anyone disconnecting over the matchmaking system but regardless online rank although fun is always flawed.

Zeo

In ranked matches if you disconnect it should count as a loss, plain and simple. No breaks, no "penalties" it should simply be a loss. If you were winning and something happened and caused you to disconnect, tough luck. And this is coming from someone who's had many a connection issue for years.

TheTHCGamer

In ranked matches if you disconnect it should count as a loss, plain and simple. No breaks, no "penalties" it should simply be a loss. If you were winning and something happened and caused you to disconnect, tough luck. And this is coming from someone who's had many a connection issue for years.
Thank you for manning up and stating that i feel the exact same way. Some people complain well what if i dont have a good connection and what i say to them is then maybe you shouldnt be playing online. A disconnect or a dropped connection should be a loss.

Now if i see someone with few disconnects i know that it couldve been due to there connection but if they have an abnormal amount of disconnects i wont even bother. Even though online rank isnt a true measure of your skill it is fun/entertaining to know where you stand online especially compared to friends.

R4712-VR88

Sorry about that i see that you were referring to the matchmaking system

Yes! Where you have Rank and Social playlists which were introduced in Halo 2, which is what I should have probably said. While that's still there in Halo 3, in H3 you had your own seperate rank in each playlist. So even in social games you had a rank. It was alittle odd.

it can still be flawed for example if your able to set certain rank restrictions the same opponents will still pop up meaning you can keep playing the same person.

True that. Even with no restrictions, depending on how populated the game is online you'll be thrown the same opponents. :p

Sam Sultan

How is the player mode? Can you search for lobby's like in DOA4 and see who is in it or is it that you will get randomly connected to a lobby? I hate what i hear about the ranked matches but since i dont really care about my rank im hoping that the player match is fun to play. Also about the lag dont you guys think that the lag would be less when more players start playing?

Dr Sexual

Calm down guys do you not remember the very early days of DOAU and DOA4? The game was more or less unplayable online. Eventually for whatever reason it turned out ok.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Not enough people online for anything beyond the Lobby mode which you can both search for and create your own. Mr. Wah and I tested some more matches last night and it was definitely more playable, though still laggy. I guess if you primarily played online in DoA4 it should be relatively close in experience. If you primarily play offline you may have issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD