Are you happy with Last Round?

Do you like the direction Last Round is taking?

• Right now I'm worried about the lasting appeal of Last Round.

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • So, far everything looks good, and I'm content with what I'm seeing from Last Round.

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters

lotr9690

But I guess I see how cross-gen games enhances the fury. (ie: Graphics being the first thing everybody looks at! Two of the same objects, but you pick the shinier one only to see you get the same if not less out of it than the not so shiny one!)
I agree with you. For me, I am an adamant Sony Customer because of the customer service I've gotten greatly rivals that of Microsoft. But that's just me. I think for most people it is about what's the best looking

Intelligent Alpha

They made 5 of them (one unnumbered). The last Bloody Roar (4) came out in 2004 I believe.

What is this topic even about anymore? lol

Hairstyles, but it's pretty calm! Hell, I'm calm! I like it that way! Wait! Trying to compete with DOA4 (if that came out on last gen?)

I think everybody's stopped talking about it though - we still have three months to go til release!

Number 13

lol this thread is a goldmind of bias conjecture.

Am I happy with how LR is now? Considering I don't know who the two new characters and whatever else TN will have up in their sleeve until Feb release (I doubt they revealed everything this early), I can't formulate a concrete opinion yet. I guess you can count me as more happy then angry considering not too long ago people thought Nyotengu was the last bit of development support this game would get besides the costumes dlc. Seriously this game is rivaling SFIV with the amount of developer support it's getting for a single series entry game so it is not all doom and gloom.

The exclusives on the current gen doesn't affect me at all since plenty of time has passed since PS4/XBO dropped where there are decent games out/coming out soon. I'll probably have one of them well before Feb anyway.

DyByHands

I read "Am I happy with LR?" as "Am I happy that TN is still pushing and supporting DOA?"
So my answer is hell yes! I've actually been waiting for a TN game to get a new system. So I am pretty stoked with DOA5:LR. (Now where's the NG news?!)
Though, I will be kind of shocked if it really stays at just two new stages. That will be a bummer anyway you look at it.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
My biggest concern right now is the lack of reveal and testing on the two new characters with the game being only a few months away from being released. I don't want to see a similar situation with Rachel where a characters who had weird tech ended up being nerfed to shit because of lack of testing prior to release. I personally don't trust the in-house testing team at TN and I'd rather have people at location tests.

What would be positive is for the game to be released early in the arcades so that there is a larger player base testing these new things out and potential issues are addressed. It might even make the arcade community feel special too.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
My biggest concern right now is the lack of reveal and testing on the two new characters with the game being only a few months away from being released. I don't want to see a similar situation with Rachel where a characters who had weird tech ended up being nerfed to shit because of lack of testing prior to release. I personally don't trust the in-house testing team at TN and I'd rather have people at location tests.

What would be positive is for the game to be released early in the arcades so that there is a larger player base testing these new things out and potential issues are addressed. It might even make the arcade community feel special too.
Hayashi did mention somewhere that the new characters "May" come to the Arcade version before Last Round, for community testing. Someone said that here, but I don't remember who.

David Gregg

Hayashi did mention somewhere that the new characters "May" come to the Arcade version before Last Round, for community testing. Someone said that here, but I don't remember who.

Yes it was in the Famitsu interview a while back during TGS (translated by werewolfgold):

Ohhhhhhh! The soft engine at full power, and her hair isn't black...! By the way, do you have plans to do more to balance the existing characters?

We're always doing that. It's possible that we may end up bringing some changes to the arcade version first. We also plan to keep at it after release.

Is it possible that other things will come to the arcade first?

Characters "may" come to the arcade version first. I say "may" because many things are still being decided. Once decisions are made, we'll let you know.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD