DOA5 Are you satisfied with the game's content (quality and quantity wise), over 5 years now? - Poll

Overall, how satisfied are you with the game's content?

• Very satisfied.

• Undecided.

• Not satisfied at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
DOA5LR's latest version is now 1.10B.
Technically, could the monthly updates of the game have come with something like new poses, tag throws or even stage upgrades once in a year?
They have done it before, in that one patch before Marie Rose came to console they added two "new poses" for Kasumi winning which are basically the same except for what she says. In one she's like "You will never defeat me!" and the other is "This is mugen tenshin!", which is a tag win pose with Ayane quote. Tbh they could've used alot of character win and intro poses from tag as totally new poses for the characters in solo battles. Everyone would all have at least 5-10 new intros and win poses except for Mai and Naotora and Alpha 152.

KnacKrover

^^Hopefully that changes in DOA6.

My ideal intro and outro pose for :leon: since this guy =:bayman: already have interact with Leon, so I'd like to made with his react.

Leon intro with Bayman: It's you agian....The Death....
Outro: he look down a little and start to smirk , turn back and walkaway :)

Meanwhile I need to think of their tag team with different intro and outro like depend on who come up first just like you picked :bayman: first.

Argentus

My ideal intro and outro pose for :leon: since this guy =:bayman: already have interact with Leon, so I'd like to made with his react.

Leon intro with Bayman: It's you agian....The Death....
Outro: he look down a little and start to smirk , turn back and walkaway :)

Meanwhile I need to think of their tag team with different intro and outro like depend on who come up first just like you picked :bayman: first.

personally i kinda like their DOA5 interaction where Bayman has special dialogue vs leon, but Leon doesn't have any special dialogue back for Bayman, because it's pretty in character.

Bayman is out for revenge, taking everything personal.

Leon just does not give a fuck lol

Shiranui

I'm very satisfied with the game. Overall.

Main reasons:
-I loved DOA2 but I never played again since I never had an Xbox (and I never will). So, i couldn't be happier when DOA5 was finally announced for PS again.
-I love this game. Not only because I think its characters and universe and graphics are amazing, but also because I think DOA5 is a great 3D fighting game. Much more better than Tekken, for instance, if you ask me.
-Rachel from Ninja Gaiden. I never imagined she would made the cut, and I was so so happy when she was announced.
-Nyotengu. For me the greatest character original from DOA series
-Mai Shiranui. A dream that came true.

But, also I have some complains:
-Too many sexy DLC for women that makes the game looks stupid, ridiculous, sexist and misogynous.
-Marie Rose and Honoka having too much presence in the game's promotion. They don't even look like fighters and they totally bother me.
-Most of DLC costumes look bad. Far from the good quality of the default outfits.

Is just an opinion, of course :)

KwonJigglypuff

Quantity (costumes, stages, music, etc.)

Quality (textures, creativity, price ratio)

tumblr_naodqeof1i1qlvwnco1_500.gif

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Y'all's mistakes were expecting DOA to have as much support as another game like Street Fighter or MK/Injustice.

DOA. Does. Not. Make. That. Kind. Of. Money.

It costs way less to release low-poly costumes than create fully fledged characters and stages.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
What's killing me right now is the Squirrel on the top of Leon's hat in the Halloween costume. Even the prairie dog in Zack's Dreamcast DOA2 story looked better than that shit loool
I'm sure DOA6 will change things for the better when it comes to content...maybe? xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want DOA6 to have a more stylish look, the whole ultra realistic look doesn't really do alot of justice for DOA I'm regards to:

☆bodies. The girls look hot and good but the feet are atrocious bare and there's not much variety. All the guys share the same base body with the same textures and they're wimpy looking when compared to other games

☆Hair textures are meh, realistic hair doesn't mean taking off half their DOA4 hair and making it transparent and thin and making it so their fringes and bangs hardly move

☆Stages are too grungy and gritty and lack variety and have bad textures, clothes included

I think DOA6 should use an updated Dissidia FF NT look and use SOME Nioh elements so it looks real while being stylish. They need to go back to DOA4 and reassess what they took away, like they didn't need to shorten hair and remove bright colors and varied stages. Stages they can be a bit more careful with since we don't want another clunky game with random elements that hinder the competitive gameplay

crapoZK

Standard Donor
DOA5's Jann Lee
jann_lee_by_helryu-d7zm62y.png

vs. Tekken 7's Jin
tekken7-jin-summer.jpg

......Side-by-side Jann Lee looks fat, and yes I know DOA5 is older, but also look at TTT2.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
DOA5's Jann Lee
jann_lee_by_helryu-d7zm62y.png

vs. Tekken 7's Jin
tekken7-jin-summer.jpg

......Side-by-side Jann Lee looks fat, and yes I know DOA5 is older, but also look at TTT2.

Some of the Tekken characters look too extremely bulky though, take Akuma for example. But then I found out by Harada that Akuma was intentionally made bulky because of his Satsui no Hadou buildup in his chi for character design to lore, yet it still looks hilariously weird on that dude for some reason. His shoulders look just plain awful.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think most games nowadays make the guys bulky but that's what's in I guess, Injustice 2 from what I've seen is the only current gen 3D fighter to give them more natural bulk but even still the males in DOA look wimpy in comparison

This also upsets me:
20170927_232557.jpg

How do go from this.....

....to THIS??
Fotor_150844437112226.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, weird hair physics or not this was a downgrade. Anyone who says DOA5 quality loose hair is better than DOA4 quality loose hair I'll have to give the side eye. There's alot of stuff like this that they changed that I don't understand at all. Hopefully DOA6 overhauls everything so it'll look as great as everyone claims it'll be, I need to see proof

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Some of the Tekken characters look too extremely bulky though, take Akuma for example. But then I found out by Harada that Akuma was intentionally made bulky because of his Satsui no Hadou buildup in his chi for character design to lore, yet it still looks hilariously weird on that dude for some reason. His shoulders look just plain awful.
Paul looks crazy bulky in T7 too. Like his shoulders are mad high it's crazy

DOA just needs to TONE the guys better, not make them bigger, if you catch my drift

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I think most games nowadays make the guys bulky but that's what's in I guess, Injustice 2 from what I've seen is the only current gen 3D fighter to give them more natural bulk but even still the males in DOA look wimpy in comparison

This also upsets me:
View attachment 24525
How do go from this.....

....to THIS??
View attachment 24526

I don't care what anyone says, weird hair physics or not this was a downgrade. Anyone who says DOA5 quality loose hair is better than DOA4 quality loose hair I'll have to give the side eye. There's alot of stuff like this that they changed that I don't understand at all. Hopefully DOA6 overhauls everything so it'll look as great as everyone claims it'll be, I need to see proof
What did you use to take the DOA4 pic because I'm going to avoid it like the plague. It's not a good idea to do comparisons w/ phones, because it looks tacky. Just stick w/ capture cards or something that will actually be decent when doing comparisons l0l

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What did you use to take the DOA4 pic because I'm going to avoid it like the plague. It's not a good idea to do comparisons w/ phones, because it looks tacky. Just stick w/ capture cards or something that will actually be decent when doing comparisons l0l
I don't own a capture card >.> and I don't care about tackiness XD it's decent enough to me to show her loose hair along with most other DOA5 girls is worse than DOA4. I wouldn't mind a DOA4 port to ps4 tho for screenshots tho

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD