[Aug 18, 2012] I’m a Fighter World Championship: Round 2 (San Mateo, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajesticBlue

Even though I'm not from the bay area, I gotta say that I think you guys could have a really nice scene with a little bit of work. Being a few hours away is not half as bad as the other side of the United States lol.If we want a scene we are gonna have to build it looks like. I will help out when and where I can. If only I could have had the time to play everyone. Felt like I only met half of you guys.

Yeah, never having used a ps3 controller it did freak me out a bit as well lol. As far as my match was concerned, I was out played. I respect and admit that. Might end up switching to stick to avoid this problem in the future however.

RyuJin

Had a blast at the IPL tournament last weekend. GG;s to all that I played during the tournament.

Drdogg and Silent Legend - It was great seeing my clans men again. We are going to have a great run when DOA5 hits. Great job on running the tournament Doc. You and your team were great.

NinjaCW - GG's to you sir. Was the funniest matches I had at the event. We need to make sure we keep up our practice so we can be dominate forces when and after the game hits stores. Also had a great time hanging with you. GG's in Tekken as well. When TTT2 comes out I'll make sure I can fight back against you lol.

Kayane - It was cool hanging out with you. Can't wait to see how you play once you get a copy of the game.

Rikuto - ...I must say its a good thing you could not enter the tournament lololololz. GG's to you as well that Bayman is something. Had a blast hanging and talking with you as well. Lets making DOA 5 a great one.

Vanessa - Good to see you again girl. I don't think we got to play other then when had to use that stick lol. I got to look like I knew what I was doing ^^. Thanks for the ride to the airport young lady. We will have a blast when DOA 5 comes out.

Renarism - GG's bro you almost got me XD. I have been out of the DOA loop for a while so when you fought me and knew what you were doing it kind of caught me off guard. We will meet again my good sir and you will have your chance to destroy me. See you at the next DOA tournament man.

MajesticBlue - Nice meeting you man. We didn't get to play but from talking to you I can tell you should do well when DOA 5 comes out.

Allan Paris - I've heard only good things about you sir and it was good meeting you. I can't wait til you come back to Michigan. We will get tons of offline practice in once you return. Great showing at the tournament by the way.

Swoozie - Man its always great to see you. I know your upset that I hide from your Kasumi all weekend but don't worry after the games comes out and I get some practice I think I'll be ready XD. As always you are the life of the party. Make sure you keep being you bro. Lets make this DOA thing happen.

Kat - It was good meeting you Kat. Sorry we didn't get to play at all but we will when the game drops. Great job on the commentary by the way. Keep up the good work.

To anyone I may have missed - Good games all around. I hope to see you all at the next event.

I'm a
Fighter

NukNuks

I'm extremely late posting this but here are my thoughts on last weekends tourney.

Although I didn't introduce myself to everyone at the tourney like I wanted to, I got around to greeting most of the people there. It was pretty awesome playing and meeting people in person that I've played online against throughout the years. Same goes for all the former CGS players that attended the event. Also cool meeting fresh faces that seem eager to play at a competitive level. Nonetheless, it was nice to see familiar faces at the event that I haven't seen since I was a teenager. The commentary makes you feel like your at an actual sporting event and greatly adds to the overall "legitness factor" so that was sweet. Shout outs to all of you.

Playing on the stick was very challenging IMO. Although I must say all the practice I had using the stick makes me want to purchase the exact same brand of stick used in the tourney. I play with my index finger controlling the free button and hold button while my middle finger controls the punch and kick buttons so the PS3 paddle was a no go. Granted, I don't think anyone at the tournament was prepped enough to use the PS3 controller as opposed to our familiar 360 paddle.

Also big shout outs to Nykko and especially Punishere for repping Fang so well. It's nice to see she has her old PP2K and her K2K launcher from Ultimate back (although its probably 4KK). Did you guys feel like she was a lot different? Did you have any trouble adjusting to her new moves/move properties?
To me, she plays like a cross between DOA2U Lei & DOA4 Lei. While adjusting to her new moves and properties, I ended up dropping a lot of combo's while trying to complete her juggle strings with her DOA4 3PPP then follow up with her 3KP+K (To do this in DOA4 it was 3KP) or 46P. In 5, if I remember correctly, I believe the last P on her 3PPP hits high now. I also think it now pushes the opponent away during a juggle instead of giving that extra "air bounce" to follow up with another string. That's all I can think of right now lol.

Shout out to Dr. Dogg for being a great host to the tourney and making sure it was ran smoothly.

Overall, this tournament leaves me hopeful about the future of the DOA West Coast scene and the DOA5 competitive scene in general. I have no doubt I will be seeing most of you competitive players again in the future!

Steady G

Had a blast at the IPL tournament last weekend. GG;s to all that I played during the tournament.

Drdogg and Silent Legend - It was great seeing my clans men again. We are going to have a great run when DOA5 hits. Great job on running the tournament Doc. You and your team were great.

NinjaCW - GG's to you sir. Was the funniest matches I had at the event. We need to make sure we keep up our practice so we can be dominate forces when and after the game hits stores. Also had a great time hanging with you. GG's in Tekken as well. When TTT2 comes out I'll make sure I can fight back against you lol.

Kayane - It was cool hanging out with you. Can't wait to see how you play once you get a copy of the game.

Rikuto - ...I must say its a good thing you could not enter the tournament lololololz. GG's to you as well that Bayman is something. Had a blast hanging and talking with you as well. Lets making DOA 5 a great one.

Vanessa - Good to see you again girl. I don't think we got to play other then when had to use that stick lol. I got to look like I knew what I was doing ^^. Thanks for the ride to the airport young lady. We will have a blast when DOA 5 comes out.

Renarism - GG's bro you almost got me XD. I have been out of the DOA loop for a while so when you fought me and knew what you were doing it kind of caught me off guard. We will meet again my good sir and you will have your chance to destroy me. See you at the next DOA tournament man.

MajesticBlue - Nice meeting you man. We didn't get to play but from talking to you I can tell you should do well when DOA 5 comes out.

Allan Paris - I've heard only good things about you sir and it was good meeting you. I can't wait til you come back to Michigan. We will get tons of offline practice in once you return. Great showing at the tournament by the way.

Swoozie - Man its always great to see you. I know your upset that I hide from your Kasumi all weekend but don't worry after the games comes out and I get some practice I think I'll be ready XD. As always you are the life of the party. Make sure you keep being you bro. Lets make this DOA thing happen.

Kat - It was good meeting you Kat. Sorry we didn't get to play at all but we will when the game drops. Great job on the commentary by the way. Keep up the good work.

To anyone I may have missed - Good games all around. I hope to see you all at the next event.

I'm a
Fighter

Damn, I was watching some of your matches at San Mateo and your Jann Lee is a BEAST! I think it would have been interesting to see your Jann Lee go up against my Sarah... Hmmm so what do you say? I challenge you to a duel! Haha but congrats again bro on winning the championship! You are a worthy competitor! :cool:

DrDogg

Damn, I was watching some of your matches at San Mateo and your Jann Lee is a BEAST! I think it would have been interesting to see your Jann Lee go up against my Sarah... Hmmm so what do you say? I challenge you to a duel! Haha but congrats again bro on winning the championship! You are a worthy competitor! :cool:

He plays Sarah in VF and DOA, so that might be a tough battle for you. ;)

You should try to make it out to Season's Beatings in Ohio. RyuJin and myself will be there.

Renarism

Next time ryujin ... till we meet again ;) I won't make the mistake of straying from my main character again LOL gg's though for real, can't wait for our next fight.

Steady G

He plays Sarah in VF and DOA, so that might be a tough battle for you. ;)

You should try to make it out to Season's Beatings in Ohio. RyuJin and myself will be there.

Hmmm... I'm willing to take on that challenge. Because in Final Showdown, my Sarah is really good! I just have to adapt her to DOA and she will be as good as she was in VF. All I need is a little time to get her together and she will be unbeatable. Haha

And of course! I would like to attend more DOA events so I will try my best to go to that one! Thanks! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD