[Aug 18, 2012] I’m a Fighter World Championship: Round 2 (San Mateo, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steady G

Pretty much all the answers I expected, lol. I'm a former VF player and I mained Akira so I probably will be re-learning him for this game, he won't be my main but I'll be sure that he's no slouch.

Anyways, continue to beast as you've been doing and I'm sure you'll be even more of a beast with Sarah when the game comes and and probably one of the first SSes online. But I'll be competing with you for that as well, be prepared!

Haha I will be prepared because you are a very good Ein player. But since he wont be in 5, Im pretty sure you will be as good with any other character that you choose! But yeah, just practice with Akira, he may be one of those characters tht will be annoying to play against! Thanks for your support! =]

Reactions: Zeo

Zeo

As you said he most likely won't be showing up in 5, so I'll be porting over to Hitomi for my main most likely as she was my main in DOA3 and she seems to have gotten a few DOA3 things back as well as looking pretty beastly now. Closest thing I've got to Ein on top of that.

Hayate got hit with the nerf bat pretty hard so my intrest in him being my Ein replacement (or main in general) is nonexistent at this point. But yeah, 99% chance of maining Hitomi, 1% chance of Ein suprising everyone and coming back and me dropping everything else and going back to him.

Steady G

As you said he most likely won't be showing up in 5, so I'll be porting over to Hitomi for my main most likely as she was my main in DOA3 and she seems to have gotten a few DOA3 things back as well as looking pretty beastly now. Closest thing I've got to Ein on top of that.

Hayate got hit with the nerf bat pretty hard so my intrest in him being my Ein replacement (or main in general) is nonexistent at this point. But yeah, 99% chance of maining Hitomi, 1% chance of Ein suprising everyone and coming back and me dropping everything else and going back to him.

Haha well good luck Zeo! You never know what may happen! Just be prepared for ANYTHING! =] Heck yeah Hitomi has gotten stronger in 5! Did you see the matches Vanessa played? One combo took half of the life gauge! o.0 She is a strong opponent this time around...

Zeo

Haha well good luck Zeo! You never know what may happen! Just be prepared for ANYTHING! =] Heck yeah Hitomi has gotten stronger in 5! Did you see the matches Vanessa played? One combo took half of the life gauge! o.0 She is a strong opponent this time around...
It's that wall game, it's scary but some characters are much scarier at the wall than others. In the earlier builds and test videos the wall actually looked like it had been nerfed from DOA4 but that turned out to be oh so wrong.

Steady G

It's that wall game, it's scary but some characters are much scarier at the wall than others. In the earlier builds and test videos the wall actually looked like it had been nerfed from DOA4 but that turned out to be oh so wrong.

Yeah you never know what to expect in DOA5. But now its all about the waiting game now.. Future tournaments and the launch of the game will make us very eager for more announcements! o.0

Reactions: Zeo

daman077c

Yeah you never know what to expect in DOA5. But now its all about the waiting game now.. Future tournaments and the launch of the game will make us very eager for more announcements! o.0

You mentioned future tournaments, and I said this to AP, Renarism, and I believe I mentioned it to Majestic Blue - I'm planning on doing an online tournament the weekend the game comes out, mostly to test the online tournament viability, as nothing's been mentioned about the game's netcode thus far. Otherwise, I'm hoping to get an offline tournament set up in the Sacramento area (I'd do it in Yuba City, but that's 45 miles away from the nearest airport, so no dice) early next year.

Steady G

You mentioned future tournaments, and I said this to AP, Renarism, and I believe I mentioned it to Majestic Blue - I'm planning on doing an online tournament the weekend the game comes out, mostly to test the online tournament viability, as nothing's been mentioned about the game's netcode thus far. Otherwise, I'm hoping to get an offline tournament set up in the Sacramento area (I'd do it in Yuba City, but that's 45 miles away from the nearest airport, so no dice) early next year.

Okay yeah just hit me up man! Or just give me a specific date and I will try my best to make it! =]

Allan Paris

Did anyone played the E3 or the august version of DOA5? If u did, how is the movement? Is it fluid? Does the
controls respon very well? Or does it feel a bit stiff & slow? I must know.

The movement is great. The game still has its fluid movement. Ok, I am starting to really pay attention to your questions. Did you watch the stream and if not you can go watch the videos of it.

If the controls didn't respond well or if the game felt stiff/slow, trust, you'd know by now.

chocogerman777

Yea, Mike Ross was staying in my room for the weekend. Pretty cool dude.
Hmm.. I wonder if Mike likes DoA5..
It would be great if Cross Counter did an episode on Do5.. but Gootecks calls the shots and he isn't very fond of 3d fighters in general..

Chaos

Lol u suck if u hate PS3 controllers, just kidding! ;) anyways, glad that the game is better than doa4. :)
Im disappointed that Hayate is weaker now :( but its good that TN is working hard 2 balance the game.
I dont think nerfing characters is a good idea, I HATE that shit! :mad: pretty cool 2 see some people enjoying DOA, :)
Thanks 4 the info. I wish u would of tried Hitomi to see if she is stronger or not :(

IceMage95

To me, it just felt weird using the PS3 controller because I don't even own a PS3. And at one of the Xbox kiosks, there was a group of people who thought it was funny that they could break my throws and use that to beat me. Oh how they were wrong...;)

PhoenixVFIRE

ugh, it'd be awesome to attend one of these tournaments, but that's never going to happen for various reasons :/

I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves for the most part and gratz to Ryujin!

Allan Paris

I wish u would of tried Hitomi to see if she is stronger or not :(

I didn't play her but, I was on the receiving end of her damn guard stuns. She is annoying I can say that much. NinjaCW could tell you a little more about her. Her guard stuns on her punch strings are really good, playing a linear game against her should be the last thing someone does. She does have her low sweeps to keep you in line though. Hitomi is pretty decent from what I could see.

Chaos

Well, theres training mode to try out. lol Everything seems pretty good so far.......but theres one that
bothers me is that Hitomi's tiger claw from her kick down kick combo & that knee kick in to the back of the head from her grab is gone. :( I dont unterstand why would TN remove one of my favorite moves from
her, its not even OP, I think its a retarded move from TN. :(

Allan Paris

The A.I. in DOA5 gets harder the longer you play against it. As far as the Pre Alpha Demo the A.I. was programmed that way. Though versus was the only mode that I saw being played and I can bet that's what everyone was playing, at all times at IPL. I believe the A.I. still works the way it does in the alpha demo, I know it was something TN was speaking on for a moment at the beginning of all the DOA5 news.

Edit: That's twice you've got me. I just realized what you are asking. The A.I. in DOA5 to me is tougher than DOA4. I've played the A.I. quite a bit in the alpha demo and they actually learn. It's times where I want to hit them with a PB into a danger zone and they'll position themselves so I don't get it. They'll do this as I am positioning myself to set them up.

So you may not like the A.I. if that's how you feel about DOA4's A.I.

Lobo

Man Allan, it looks like you've improved a ton since the last time we played. Can't wait till I get back to the states so we can go road tripping again (only this time, I'm driving.)

Also big shout outs to Nykko and especially Punishere for repping Fang so well. It's nice to see she has her old PP2K and her K2K launcher from Ultimate back (although its probably 4KK). Did you guys feel like she was a lot different? Did you have any trouble adjusting to her new moves/move properties?

Punishere

Thanks Lobo. The Launcher is K2K just like DOAU. There are quite a few changes with Lei fang. TBH I was adapting and learning as I progressed through the tournament. So much stuff to go over. . .

Allan Paris

Man Allan, it looks like you've improved a ton since the last time we played. Can't wait till I get back to the states so we can go road tripping again (only this time, I'm driving.)

no doubt, man. depending on when you get back i may or may not be in ATL. still, we can make something happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD