[Aug 18, 2012] I’m a Fighter World Championship: Round 2 (San Mateo, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDogg

Dogg do you know if you are knocked out of a pool can you sign up for the other pool, also can you switch out controllers or stuck to the 360pad like last time?

The pools are basically separate tournaments just like E3. If you lose in the first, you can still enter the second for a chance to qualify for top 8. Top 4 from each pool will move on to the top 8.

We're most likely running on PS3, but you can use whatever controller you want.

Yeah, not a problem.

That's really..... odd.

This is a pre-release promotional tournament. We want as many people to participate as possible. After the game releases, we'll run more standard tournaments that are double elimination and all of that.

IceMage95

The pools are basically separate tournaments just like E3. If you lose in the first, you can still enter the second for a chance to qualify for top 8. Top 4 from each pool will move on to the top 8.

We're most likely running on PS3, but you can use whatever controller you want.
*sigh* I hope gameplay-wise that PS3 isn't that different compared to 360. BTW DrDogg, do you have any predictions on how big each pool will be?

DrDogg

*sigh* I hope gameplay-wise that PS3 isn't that different compared to 360. BTW DrDogg, do you have any predictions on how big each pool will be?

From everything I know about the game, at this unfinished stage the PS3 is the optimal console.

I have no idea how many people will show. We'll do our best not to turn anyone away though. In the worst case, we may use casual stations to run the tournament if we get a massive turn out, but I think we'll be okay with our current designated tournament stations.

NukNuks

Anyone who's interested to meet up for offline casuals the day before or day of the tourney holla at me. I'll try to organize something to where we can all play doa4 at a chill spot if there's a good enough head count. Im in San Jose btw(close to san mateo)

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm coming! I will try to bring some people with me!

She lives!

Was pleasantly surprised to see your name pop up during E3, shame we didn't get to talk. Bryan keeps us casters busy during the show, and locks us in a small cage when we're not on the air.

PMSWedge

She lives!

Was pleasantly surprised to see your name pop up during E3, shame we didn't get to talk. Bryan keeps us casters busy during the show, and locks us in a small cage when we're not on the air.

Oh yeah, I watched the videos of it later and heard your surprise. It was really impromptu, I think I happened to be walking by the booth and saw Vanessa so I stopped in to say hi to people... and the next thing I knew my name was on a board for a tournament.

And now I have found where you've all moved to on the internet. Muahahahaha!

MajesticBlue

Pretty good chance I can make it out to this. Only 2 and a half hours away since I'm in the central valley. Its a shame my trip to GVN fell through.

My biggest problem is I have no idea on who the hell I should play. The game has changed so much. I have some character oriented questions that as far as I know will not be answered later in the 12 days of Doa 5. Can I ask them in the E3 thread or will a new thread be started soon? Even if the data is not from the new build since I realize new info can't always be given out.
Thanks.

Plus since this would be my first offline event I might have more questions later lol.

NukNuks

What's a good enough head count? 1, 2, 10 people?

Whoevers down really! Good chance I might be able to put together an offline casual gathering at the Breezy Excursion warehouse but for that to happen I'll probably need at least a handful of people to attend.

Any takers?

DrDogg

Pretty good chance I can make it out to this. Only 2 and a half hours away since I'm in the central valley. Its a shame my trip to GVN fell through.

My biggest problem is I have no idea on who the hell I should play. The game has changed so much. I have some character oriented questions that as far as I know will not be answered later in the 12 days of Doa 5. Can I ask them in the E3 thread or will a new thread be started soon? Even if the data is not from the new build since I realize new info can't always be given out.
Thanks.

Plus since this would be my first offline event I might have more questions later lol.

Any event questions should be posted here. If you have questions on the characters from E3, I'd post in the E3 Q&A thread (might be a little buried now). If you have questions on a character in the 12 days, I'd post in that thread.

daman077c

Whoevers down really! Good chance I might be able to put together an offline casual gathering at the Breezy Excursion warehouse but for that to happen I'll probably need at least a handful of people to attend.

Any takers?

I'd be down, but it's all the way in San Jose, which means extra money that I'd have to spend using CalTrain, and I'm already under a TIGHT budget for this trip.

Renarism

More people are attending than I originally thought...
It will be nice to see some of you finally.
This will be my first major offline appearance ... I'm hyped :)

Anyone who's interested to meet up for offline casuals the day before or day of the tourney holla at me. I'll try to organize something to where we can all play doa4 at a chill spot if there's a good enough head count. Im in San Jose btw(close to san mateo)

nykko is that you? dang, we were supposed to do an offline meet up for DOA4 years ago with Punishere... LOL

NukNuks

nykko is that you? dang, we were supposed to do an offline meet up for DOA4 years ago with Punishere... LOL
Hahaha what up man looks like we'll finally get those offline casuals in on tourney day. I wonder if Punishere is gonna show up...

This event is shaping up to be pretty damn awesome tho! All star cast of DoA players showing up to represent their game!
Chyea. WEST SIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD