[Aug 18, 2012] I’m a Fighter World Championship: Round 2 (San Mateo, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajesticBlue

Ok, looks like I will be there! Got a question though. The address on the ticket is different then the one posted. It looks like there are two entrances from what I see. Do you go in through the back one for the tournament?

IceMage95

How does the pool qualifiers work? Can someone please explain this process a lil more to me?
I think it's tournament-style like at E3. People just start playing against others and eliminating each other as they go up in the bracket until there are 4 people remaining, and those 4 will go to the Top 8 finals.

DyByHands

I really wish I could go to this, but count me in on the stream. Good luck to those going and playing.

DrDogg

Ok, looks like I will be there! Got a question though. The address on the ticket is different then the one posted. It looks like there are two entrances from what I see. Do you go in through the back one for the tournament?

Just two parking lots as far as I know. As long as you're at the event center you're fine.

How does the pool qualifiers work? Can someone please explain this process a lil more to me?

We'll have two qualifying pools. The top four from each pool move on to the top 8 finals. If you play in the first pool and lose, you can still enter the second pool.

Pool play is single elimination. Top 8 is double elimination.

Berzerk!

Good luck and have fun to everyone at the event, everyone elsewhere will be looking forward to seeing how you all go and to see who is playing well at this first fully open event.

Man, after playing Renarism last night, I have serious doubts about going. I'm decent with Leifang; Gunstar Red good? No, but I think I'm close. VPai good? No, but again, I think I'm pretty close.

Thats a nice compliment, did we come across each other online in DOA4 back in the day? (I'm Gunstar Red).
You are likely already almost there but I want to encourage you to go - you are sure to learn a lot from good Lei Fang players like Nykko and you will be SO glad to play other people offline. I want to see Lei Fang repped well!

I've always lived by a quote from the late Ayrton Senna (Formula 1 driver who died whilst racing in 1994):

Even Ayrton Senna would have had to lose many races in his time before becoming world #1, so it is with high level play, you learn to play under pressure in that environment by just going. I can't stress enough how fun it is to be in the same environment with other players of the same game. So the social and community reasons are really up there, but just for purely competitive reasons - play the best, get beaten, apply what you learned and you will improve so much more, and with that comes with greater understanding, satisfaction and enjoyment in your own play.

Any offline tournament is a good opportunity, so if any of you can go to one please don't pass it up!

Will be looking for you all on the stream (archive, working during it I think)

Pupi18

Will this eventually be uploaded on IPL youtube or kept archived on the stream site? A friend might not catch it on time and I'm just looking to hook him up as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance guys.

Tenren

nice just seen RyuJin is there, cant wait to see Lee get played, so wish I went now lol, shot outs to NinjaCw & SL as well
468667_501801926511918_1677966460_o.jpg

R4712-VR88

Currently been watching the stream for about an hour.

Awesome to see Allen Paris. Really surprised me to him and enjoyed him raping with Kasumi! :]

ochosen1o

Ayyyyyye shout to punisher!! puttin up the first Big DOA5 comeback!!!!!! Catchin them gimmicks and bodyin that man in the final game. Dammmmmmmmnnnnn homie!!!! So hyped for this gammmmeee!!!!

IceMage95

well it was fun although i was vanessa's first victim >.< and also i met some nice people at the event too! and rikuto if you read this: i think you mistook my name for someone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD