[Aug 27, 2012] DOA5 @ FIGHTERS AT i46 - THE OLYMPIAN - 24th-27th... (The International Centre)

Keylay

Finally, someone is showing off new Kasumi juggles :)

EDIT:

I was rooting for Medion. The best Kasumi I've seen on stream so far.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
ok .. so after along day and building up to make DOA5 the main event... everything pretty much crashed to the ground..

I think you probably noticed what happened ..
It was meant to be top 32 double elim
got reduced to top 16 double elim .. and thats as far as I knew and I said well ok we'll pick the best players and go with them... I knew who to pick because I played everyone there for the past 3 days...

I get on stream and all of a sudden the organizer says .. we're making it single elim and I'm like what!? you cant be fucking serious.. but I thought whatever lets make the best out of it .. since we got good players on board right?
I mean even Ryan Hart and Problem XX were on board from the SF4 scene and they really found a liking to the game.. and As you heard yesterday Ketchup and Mustard were on board from the MK scene as well..

Then while I was talking to you guys on stream they start the tournament and I find out that not only have they reduced it to 8 players only .. they put some masher nobodies .. and took like one or 2 names at random and threw them in there...

I was generally upset at the whole thing that I honestly lost the will to play or even commentate.. because for one this all happened behind my back when I was the one who pretty much made DOA5 happen for i46 and it deserved a spotlight just like every other game out there... not to mention the time and money I invested in making the prizes and gathering them and packaging them to cover prizes for all the top 16 (which would have basicly been everyone ). also all the trouble I went to to actually get the Gamescom build and not the E3 build as was preciously announced... then theres the signed poseters.. the cubes .. (i payed for those myself) ... Plus helping these guys set up the whole venue for 6-7 hours straight.

Honestly I wanted to showcase what the game had to offer so I tried using a different character every match went from Ayane to LeiFang to Sarah .. Granted I won. but I wasn't the very bit satisfied nor did I get to showcase the UK skill at the game and I certainly did was not able to showcase what I was capable of myself because my mind just wasn't in it anymore. also I wasnt even in the mindset of even going for bursts etc... There were some pretty good players that were seriously practicing for 3 days. Just imagine how upset they were when they got sacked like that?

I would like to send my shout outs to my good friend Ryan Hart who at the very least kept the stream alive and I heard you guys enjoyed his commentary. He also would like to say that he wants to give the game a chance when its out because he really liked what he saw both in training mode, the casuals with me, and the (so called) exhibition tournament.. >__>

The least they could have done was tell me so I could have picked the best 8 players and made it a savage top 8 tourney. yes I would have been upset but I would have made it worth while.

I just want to apologize for this mockery and say this was really out of my hands .. it all happened behind my back and on the spot while the tournament was actually going ! If you recall at one point I even asked for the brackets and they wouldn't give it to me.. because they knew I would have been furious.. but still what they did was unjustified...For the record, they have apologized to me after .. but what good does that do at the end of the day? its all ... just lost effort.

They don't even appreciate that I took a few days off of my PhD research in uni to set this all up. and I'm at my final months before heading home to Saudi Arabia for good.

Oh well, its done now. and please understand if I don't want to comment any further on the matter because I am really upset with what happened. it was not only disrespectful for the players that payed all the way to get there, it was not only disrespectful for the DOA5 scene itself, it was disrespectful to ME ... and I'm (supposedly) their friend and I am extremely hurt.

Sorry again.. and I will try to organize something MYSELF without having any outside parties involved and maybe do it more proffessionally (and in London) .. I'll announce something once I get the OK from Chin and Tecmo Koei.

God I feel so down...

PhoenixVFIRE

Finally, someone is showing off new Kasumi juggles :)

EDIT:

I was rooting for Medion. The best Kasumi I've seen on stream so far.
I know right? He did a few of the things that I wanted to know if worked or not. There's many thing I want to test with Kasumi teleport juggles and etc..

Sorry about those shenanigans :/ Although, I gotta say it was nice to at least get other famous FGC members interested in the game, so it wasn't a TOTAL loss :) BTW I love that you sported that Circus Outfit with Leifang's hair down! nice haha :)

DyByHands

Cheer up COW, you still done a great job promoting DOA (which is the idea for pre-release showings and tourneys)... I wouldn't even have known about i46 if it wasn't for mainly you and also FSD. Its a shame they gave you a raw deal though. And, if they didn't drool over your custom cubes... then there is just something wrong with them.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Cheer up COW, you still done a great job promoting DOA (which is the idea for pre-release showings and tourneys)... I wouldn't even have known about i46 if it wasn't for mainly you and also FSD. Its a shame they gave you a raw deal though. And, if they didn't drool over your custom cubes... then there is just something wrong with them.

Oh the winners loved the cubes,,
Medion chose Kasumi, Sarah , Kokoro and Akira
Neo chose 3 different Hayabusa pics and also Sarah
Holly (the legendary masher) picked Tina, Brad, Hayabusa and Hitomi..

I had the stickers ready and laminated them on the spot .. stickering takes about 10 minutes per cube ...

(I even did 3 seeding tournaments in the 3 days man ... and awarded all the seed winners with a sexy swimsuit cube .. what made me more upset is that 2 of the 3 seeds didn't even get into that mockery of a tournament because they didn't fucking know who was good and just picked names at random from the actual bracket sheets... it seemed like a broken promise in a way ... and I hate breaking promises .. but it was so out of my hands and worst of all behind my back.... anyway its done now)

Pupi18

Cow you did a great job and its not your fault those technical problems. You should feel happy you still managed to show off the game even if it wasnt as exactly you wanted. Congrats!

Keylay

That sucks Cow. I'd be pissed too. I'm surprised they were so far behind schedule. They should have had some matches off stream for some of the other games but instead DOA5 got the short end of the stick. I was glad to see you and Medion play though. That match was close.

BierKlauMeister

What's up fellow gamers, I'm new in these forums. Love DOA of course but haven't had time to get too technical with it. Can someone explain the motions that are being called out in Cow's posts? Like 236K and whatnot. I understand punch and kick but what are the numbers, d-pad directions?

look at the numpad in your keyboard, the numbers represent directions. Welcome

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
That sucks Cow. I'd be pissed too. I'm surprised they were so far behind schedule. They should have had some matches off stream for some of the other games but instead DOA5 got the short end of the stick. I was glad to see you and Medion play though. That match was close.

Thing is they had 2 streams planned and it would have went smoothly but that didn't happen and they ended up half assing it at DOA5's expense.

I think they still don't respect the game. The plus side is a lot of the top players (including Tekken players) saw how solid the game is shaping up and I sat down with many of them (in fact 3 of the top tekken players that made it to top 8 were planned to join the tourney as well and one of them even plays DOA)

For what its worth here's a group photo.. I don't look very happy lol
7871198396_ccdcefbb42_b.jpg

Batcommander

Sorry to hear about that bullshit Cow. Fuck dat!!!

Anywho, thanks for the juicy character updates and for all the effort you've put in!

nekoG

Is it wrong that I want to hurt the bastards that screwed you over?
No, and I would join you do the hurting... but that wouldn't help anyone unfortunately

Everyone makes mistakes sometimes
the organisers must have had their reasons to hack up the DOA5 tournament, they made a judgement call.

Their real fault was not keeping EmperorCow in the loop, because he was supposed to be the guy running the show.
Instead he got left in the dark and had to make do with what he could.

Hopefully next time things will work out better, really looking forward to the next event EmperorCow

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD