DOA5U Bass Throw Punish Thread

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Back in the DOA5 Vanilla days, I made a thread detailing the tools for throw punishment and made a list of moves for each character which are punishable by either throws, strikes or OHs. However, only a few characters were fully explored and the rest of the cast before 5U was released. I'm back to finish what I started.

I'm hoping to add some more content to the already existing lists and update them with any 5U changes. Expect to see the OP updated often. I'll let everyone know in the thread when I make updates and what I update.

Similar to the previous thread, Characters which are being tested will have their data presented on the OP. Once they're done, their completed data will be moved to another post and that post will be linked in the OP for reference. The reason for this is to keep the OP clean. Also, I'll be testing each move individually, testing them against all tools.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Tools
  • Ducking and Fuzzy Guarding
One of the most basic and important tools in your arsenal. High-mid mix-ups? Fuzzy it. High-Low Mix-up? Duck/Hold/Crush it. Keep in mind that unlike crushes like :1::P: and fuzzy guarding, ducking actually has something like 2-4 frame start up or something and fuzzying only has a 1-frame start up. It may sound fast compared to something like VF or Tekken ducking speed, but in this game it's still slow against some strings like Gen Fu's :3::K::P::P:/:6::P: which require fuzzy guarding to avoid getting caught up in the mix-ups and net yourself more frame advantage.

• Side Stepping
Another very important tool in your arsenal. In some cases where the opponent using a linear move/string which ends with something with frame advantage, you would have to side step to punish them or put yourself in an advantageous situation.

• :h::+::P: (4i) (Range 1.55m) (58 DMG)
A very standard tool for punishing anything -5 or higher in terms of disadvantage. Escapable, but can be used as a conditioning tool for moves only punishable by neutral grappler throws. This throw actually does more damage than :6::h::+::P:, but there is a reason for that which we'll get to in the next paragraph. Causes a ground slam.

• :6::h::+::P: (6i) (1.70m) (50 DMG)
A very good standard tool for punishing -7 and more. Keeps opponent standing and gives +10 frame advantage. This is primary tool for throw punishment as it's the fastest standing throw with very good options afterwards. Has a wall version.

• :4::h::+::P: (8i) (1.55) (72 DMG)
Your secondary punishing tool and does very good damage. Can also be used to heavily punish holds if you don't feel like risking it with a TFBB. Can cause a ground slam.

• :236::h::+::P: :5: :h::+::P: (8i) (1.70m) (50+30 DMG)
An underrated chain-throw. Great damage and better range than :4::h::+::P:. Only the second part of the throw causes a ground slam on breakable floors, but that is a good thing, because that way you can complete the chain throw and hope to get a ground slam on the second part, thus getting full damage.

• :214::h::+::P: (11i) (1.66m)
A very good chain-throw, which can lead to a lot of damage from both the :4::h::+::P: or the :2::h::+::P: :5: :8::h::+::P: extensions. The :4::h::+::P: extension gives a guaranteed :6::K:(and possible :P: if opponent doesn't stagger escape) and back-turned pick-up/heavy down attack.

• :624::h::+::P: :5: :4862::h::+::P: :5: :4862: :h::+::P: (11i) (1.65m) (60, 62, 75 DMG)
An unbreakable chain-throw starter which can give a back-turned pick-up after the first extension (the Attitude Adjustment/F.U.). All three enders cause a ground slam on breakable floors.

• TFBB (:2_::6::4::h::+::P:) (11i) (1.61m) (85 DMG)
A very damaging throw. However, since it's not bufferable anymore (unlike its DOA2/3 counterpart), it would actually not serve as a very good punisher except for punishing strings that only end in either punishable highs or lows or very punishable moves (things that are -20 or more like Kasumi/Ayane's :7::K:). This instead acts as more of a hold punisher because of the very high damage it does. Causes a ground slam on breakable floor and has wall version.

• :2::h::+::P: (4i) (1.70m) (63 DMG)
Standard low punisher. Good damage and the positioning ain't too bad.

• :3::h::+::P: (10i) (1.87m) (52 DMG)
Low OH which doesn't grant much damage but changes position. Can be used to interrupt low moves and strings.

• :3::3::h::+::P: (5i) (1.60m) (15 + 60 DMG)
Low throw punish. Difficult to use for throw punishment as it requires a crouch dash buffer but great for punishing low holds and moves which normally wouldn't be punishable by :2::h::+::P: (like Kasumi's :6::P::2::K:), due to it's deceptively long range (the tool tip is lying, btw). My advice is to quickly crouch guard a move, go into neutral and buffer the crouch-dash so that you don't miss any inputs. Other ways of doing a crouch-dash from crouching state would be to do :2::3::2::3_:, which is a more advanced but slower way of buffering a CD, but that's just my opinion. You should use whatever methods that works for you.

Another good shortcut for this move is :236::2::3_::h::+::P:.

• :6::6::h::+::P:
An OH which can actually be used a punish tool thanks to its good range. It lacks in terms of damage.

• :4::4::P::+::K:
A weird tool used to SSing linear jumping moves. Not at all reliable, unless it's done against a jumping string with lots of recovery. It just looks cool and it's not really practical as a punisher.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'd suggest starting off easy by listing off what attacks can be throw punished with :6::H+P:, then what attacks can be throw punished with :4::H+P:

Those would be your two primary throw punishment options.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'd suggest starting off easy by listing off what attacks can be throw punished with :6::H+P:, then what attacks can be throw punished with :4::H+P:

Those would be your two primary throw punishment options.

You mean like putting moves/strings in different throw-punish categories? If that'll help with better understanding the punishment options, then I could try that, even if it ends up making the list bigger. What about Neutral throw punish? Should I make a list of moves which are only punishable by neutral throw?

I want to list every possible option for a throw punish when it comes to a move, but let me know what layout is best.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Alright, I'll follow this layout from now on then.

Also, I'm really glad people are actually writng up their character's frame data now. Really take a weight off my shoulders and saves me time.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
:ayane: The Smartass Mk.II
Ayane isn't that different in terms of throw punishment, but she did get some tweaks. She's a bit more punishable because she lost some of her Guard Break moves from DOA5, but she's still pretty much the same old punishable risky character and you have the pay her the same amount of attention you did before.

:6::h::+::P:
:P::K::K: (-1)(-11)(-13) (:high::high::high::mid:) (NT)(T)(T)(NT)
:P::P::P::4: (-1)(-6)(-7) (:high::high::mid:) (NT)(T)(T)
:P::P::P::K: (-1)(-6)(-9)(-30) (:high::high::mid::mid::mid:) (NT)(T)(T)(NTx2)
:P::P::6::P::P: (-1)(-6)(-10)(-12) (:high::high::mid::mid:) (NT)(T)(NT)(T)
:P::P::6::P::K: (-1)(-6)(-10)(-7) (:high::high::mid::mid:) (NT)(T)(NT)(T)
:P::P::6::P::3::P: (-1)(-6)(-10)--(-8) (:high::high::mid::mid:) (NT)(T)(NT)(NT)
:P::P::6::P::3::K::K::K: (-1)(-6)(-10)--(-19)(-12)(-17) (:high::high::mid::low::low::mid:) (NT)(T)(NT) (T)(T)(T)
:4::P::K: (BT :4::P::K:) (-15)(-11~-14) (:mid::high:) (T)(T) (Note: BT :4::P: is -10~-11 on block)
:4::P::5::K: (BT :4::P::5::K:) (-10)(-11~-14) (T)(T) (:mid::high:) (Note: BT :4::P: is -10~-11 on block)
:3::P::P: (-14)(-14) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(T)
:2::K: (-10) (:low:) (NT)
:6::K::K: (-9)(-7) (:mid::high:) (NT)(NT)
:K::K::K: (-10)(-13)(-13~-14) (:high::high::high:) (T)(T)(T)
:8::K::K::K: (-12)(-18)(-17) (:high::high::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT) (Note: Only punishable in corners or when back is to the wall)
:9::K: (-7) (:mid:) (NT)
:7::K: (-30) (:mid:) (NT)
:4::K: (-10~-12) (:mid:) (NT)
:236::K: (-9~-12) (:mid:) (NT)
:6::6_::K::K::K: (-16)(-13)(-11) (:mid::high::mid) (NT)(T)(NT) (Note: :6::6_::K::K::4: is +1 and a tool frequently used by Ayane players, but you can duck the second hit and interrupt with :2::P: or :1::P:, though you have to either be fuzzy guarding or straight up ducking, which is risky against Ayane, but if you do duck the second kick, then you'll be at significant frame advantage)
:P::+::K::P::P: (-5)(-14)(-10) (:high::high::high:) (T)(T)(T)
:P::+::K::P::7::K: (-5)(-14)(-30) (:high::high::mid:) (T)(T)(NT)
:6::P::+::K::K: (-9)(-15) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:4::P::+::K: (-9) (:mid::mid:) (T)
:h::+::K: (-11) (:high:) (NT)
:8::h::+::K::K: (-16)(-8) (:high::mid:) (T)(T)
:4::h::+::K: (-16~-17) (:mid:) (T)
SS :P: (-9) (:mid:) (T)
SS :P::4: (-7) (:mid:) (T)
SS :K: (-12) (:mid:) (NT) (Note: Same as :4::K:)
:1::P::+::K::P: (-8) (:mid:) (NT)
:4::4::P::+::K: (-12) (:mid:) (T)
BT :4::K: (-15) (:mid:) (NT)
BT :P::P::P::P: (-7)(-8)(-14)(-8) (BT :4::P::+::K::P:) (:high::high::mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
BT :6::h::+::K: (-29) (:mid:) (NT) (Note: You can get loads of hits on her that would guarantee a combo, except :9::P::P:. I'd suggest going for :4::4::P: and then going for :9::P::P:)
BT :P::K: (-7)(-10) (:high::high:) (NT)(T)
BT :7::K: (-30) (:mid:) (NT)

:4::h::+::P: & :236::h::+::P:
:P::P::6::P::3::K::K::K: (-1)(-6)(-10)--(-19)(-12)(-17) (:high::high::mid::low::low::mid:) (NT)(T)(NT) (T)(T)(T)
:4::P::K: (BT :4::P::K:) (-15)(-11~-14) (:mid::high:) (T)(T) (Note: BT :4::P: is -10~-11 on block)
:4::P::5::K: (BT :4::P::5::K:) (-10)(-11~-14) (T)(T) (:mid::high:) (Note: BT :4::P: is -10~-11 on block)
:8::K::K::K: (-12)(-18)(-17) (:high::high::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT) (Note: Only punishable in corners or when back is to the wall)
:6::6_::K::K::K: (-16)(-13)(-11) (:mid::high::mid) (NT)(T)(NT) (Note: :6::6_::K::K::4: is +1 and a tool frequently used by Ayane players, but you can duck the second hit and interrupt with :2::P: or :1::P:, though you have to either be fuzzy guarding or straight up ducking, which is risky against Ayane, but if you do duck the second kick, then you'll be at significant frame advantage)
:P::+::K::P::P: (-5)(-14)(-10) (:high::high::high:) (T)(T)(T)
:4::P::+::K: (-9) (:mid::mid:) (T)
:h::+::K: (-11) (:high:) (NT)
:4::h::+::K: (-16~-17) (:mid:) (T)
SS :P: (-9) (:mid:) (T)
BT :6::h::+::K: (-29) (:mid:) (NT) (Note: You can get loads of hits on her that would guarantee a combo, except :9::P::P:. I'd suggest going for :4::4::P: and then going for :9::P::P:)
BT :P::K: (-7)(-10) (:high::high:) (NT)(T)

:2::h::+::P:
:3::P::K: (-14)(-12) (:mid::low:) (NT)(NT)
:4::P::2::K: (:4::P::5::2::K:) (-15)(-17) (:mid::low:) (T)(T)
:3::3::2::K: (-8)(-12) (:low::low:) (NT)(NT)
:1::P::2::K: (-10)(-13) (:low::low:) (T)(T)
:6::K::2::K: (:2::h::+::K:) (-9)(-12) (:mid::low:) (NT)(NT)
:8::h::+::K::2::K: (BT :2::h::+::K:) (-16)(-14) (:high::low:) (T)(T)
BT :2::P: (-10) (:low:) (NT)
BT :2::K: (-13) (:low:) (T)
BT :2::h::+::K: (-15) (:low:) (T)
BT :6::h::+::K: (-29~-30) (:mid:) (NT)

:h::+::P:
BT :8::K: (-5) (:mid) (NT)
:P::4::P: (-5) (:mid:) (NT)(NT)
:1::P::+::K::K: (-5) (:mid:) (NT)

:214::h::+::P: & :624::h::+::P:

:3::3::h::+::P:

:3::P::K: (-14)(-12) (:mid::low:) (NT)(NT)
:4::P::2::K: (:4::P::5::2::K:) (-15)(-17) (:mid::low:) (T)(T)
:3::3::P::2::K: (-8)(-12) (:low::low:) (NT)(NT) (Buffer quickly)
:1::P::2::K: (-10)(-13) (:low::low:) (T)(T) (Buffer quickly)
:6::K::2::K: (:2::h::+::K:) (-9)(-12) (:mid::low:) (NT)(NT) (Buffer quickly)
:8::h::+::K::2::K: (BT :2::h::+::K:) (-16)(-14) (:high::low:) (T)(T) (Buffer normally)
BT :2::P: (-10) (:low:) (NT) (Very hard to buffer)
BT :2::K: (-13) (:low:) (T)
BT :2::h::+::K: (-15) (:low:) (T)
BT :6::h::+::K: (-29~-30) (:mid:) (NT)

:3::h::+::P:

Pretty much whatever listed for :3::3::h::+::P:

:3::K:
:8::K::K::K: (-12)(-18)(-17) (:high::high::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT) (Note: This is probably the only sure way of punishing this move, but you have to be on point. Since the string jails, you might as well hold down :3: and keep plinking :K:. Keep in mind though, that if :3::K::K: comes out, the second kick would always whiff on hit, so maybe you might want to get the timing down and not screw yourself, unless she did it against the wall.

Anything​

There are some situation where either thanks to slow escaping or the other player's ignorance, they'd give you opportunities where you can deal major damage.

In situations where you block something like :7::K: or BT :6::h::+::K:, I'd suggest going for :4::4::P: > :236::P::h::+::P: for something simple or you could do :4::4::P: > :9::P::P: for either possible CB setup or just launch and deal you damage. Otherwise you can dash in on her and in the case of her :7::K:, she ends up in BT and ends up eating some nasty damage, especially if it's on water.

Keep in mind that good Ayane players will simply stick to basic poking and stunning and moves like BT :6::h::+::K: is used in psuedo-force-tech/force-tech situations and :7::K: is rarely used in the neutral game if at all.

However, a whiffed BT :6::h::+::P:, you can potentially do more than half-life damage as she's in BT and in Hi-Counter state due to being in throw recovery and you'll have access to your nasty combo starters like :9::P::P: and :4::4::P:.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Almost done with Kasumi's list.

Ya'll know the drill; if I've missed anything or if I'm wrong, then point it out and I'll fix it.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
:kasumi:

:P::P::P::P::P: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-10)(-7) (:high::high::mid::mid::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::P::P::K::P: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-9)(-17) (:high::high::mid::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)(T)
:P::P::6::P::P: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-7) (:high::high::mid::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::P::6::P::K::K: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-12)(-15) (:high::high::mid::mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(T)(T)
:P::P::6::P::6::K::P: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-12)(-8) (:high::high::mid::mid::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(T)(NT)
:P::P::6::P::6::K::K: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-12)(-15) (:high::high::mid::mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::P::K::K: (-3)(-5)(-13)(-10) (:high::high::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(T)(NT)
:P::P::2::K: (-3)(-5)(-13)(-16) (:high::high::high::low:) (NT)(NT)(T)(T)
:P::P::7::K: (-3)(-5)(-30) (:high::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::P::6::K::K: (-3)(-5)(-13~-14)(-13) (:high::high::mid::high:) (NT)(NT)(T)(NT)
:P::K::K::P: (-3)(-9)(-15)(-12) (:high::high::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(T)
:P::K::K::K: (-3)(-9)(-15)(-13) (:high::high::high::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(T)
:P::K::K::7::K: (-3)(-9)(-15)(-30) (:high::high::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::K::K::6::K: (-3)(-9)(-15)(-11) (:high::high::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::K::3::K: (-3)(-9)(-16) (:high::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(T)
:4::P::P: (-9)(-10) (:mid::high:) (NT)(NT)
:4::P::K::K: (-9)(-11)(-11) (:mid::mid::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT)
:1::P::P: (-10 (-9 on hit))(-10) (:low::high:) (NT)(NT)
:6::6::P::P: (-12)(-7) (:mid::high:) (NT)(T) (Note: Despite being a guard break, :6::h::+::P: has enough range to punish this)
:3::3::P: (-9) (:mid:) (T)
:236::P: (-12) (:high:) (NT)
SS :P: (-8~-9) (:mid:) (T)
:8::K: (-13) (:high:) (NT)
:4::K::P: (-9)(-17) (:high::mid:) (NT)(T)
:3::K::K: (-8)(-8) (:mid::high:) (NT)(T)
:2::K::K: (-9, -8 on hit)(-10) (:low::high:) (NT)(NT)
:6::6::K::K: (-10)(-17) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
SS :K: / :3::h::+::K: (-9) (:mid:) (NT)
:P::+::K::P: (-14)(-8) (:mid::mid:) (T)(T)
:6::P::+::K: (-8) (:mid:) (NT)
:4::P::+::K: (Power-blow not active) (-10 to -11) (:mid:) (NT)
:3::P::+::K: :5: :P: (-8) (:high:) (NT)
:3::P::+::K: :5: :K::K: (-19)(-11) (:mid::high:) (NT)(NT)
:3::3::[[P]]::+::[[K]]: (-12) (:mid:) (T)
Wakeup :K::6::K: (-6)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (T)(NT)
Wakeup :h::+::K: (-24) (:mid:) (NT) (Note: Requires dashing in before punishing)

:P::P::P::K::P: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-9)(-17) (:high::high::mid::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)(T)
:P::P::6::P::K::K: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-12)(-15) (:high::high::mid::mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(T)(T)
:P::P::K::K: (-3)(-5)(-13)(-10) (:high::high::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(T)(NT)
:P::P::6::K::K: (-3)(-5)(-13~-14)(-13) (:high::high::mid::high:) (NT)(NT)(T)(NT)
:P::K::K::6::K: (-3)(-9)(-15)(-11) (:high::high::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:4::P::P: (-9)(-10) (:mid::high:) (NT)(NT)
:4::P::K::K: (-9)(-11)(-11) (:mid::mid::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT)
:1::P::P: (-10 (-9 on hit))(-10) (:low::high:) (NT)(NT)
:3::3::P: (-9) (:mid:) (T)
SS :P: (-8~-9) (:mid:) (T)
:2::K::K: (-9, -8 on hit)(-10) (:low::high:) (NT)(NT)
SS :K: / :3::h::+::K: (-9) (:mid:) (NT)
:4::P::+::K: (Power-blow not active) (-10 to -11) (:mid:) (NT)
:3::P::+::K: :5: :K::K: (-19)(-11) (:mid::high:) (NT)(NT)
Wakeup :K::6::K: (-6)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (T)(NT)

:P::P::P::K::K: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-9)(-5) (:high::high::mid::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::P::6::K::2::K: (-3)(-5)(-13~-14)(-18) (:high::high::mid::high:) (NT)(NT)(T)(NT)
:8::P: (-5) (:mid:) (NT)
:4::K::K: (-9)(-5) (:high::mid:) (NT)(NT) (Note: Guaranteed back throw)
BT :7::K: (-5) (:mid:) (NT)
:4::h::+::K: (-4~-6) (:mid:) (NT) (Note: Usually hard to get -4 on block with this move, so it'll usually end up being -5~-6)

:2_::4::6::h::+::P:

:6::P::2::K: (:P::P::6::P::2::K: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-12) (NT)(NT)(NT)(T))
:P::P::6::P::K::2::K: (-3)(-5)(-9)(-12)(-18) (NT)(NT)(NT)(T)(T)
:4::P::2::K: (-9)(-12) (NT)(T)
:P::K::2::K: (-3)(-9)(-16) (NT)(NT)(T)
:P::+::K::K: (-14)(-16) (:mid::low:) (T)(T)
:6::6::h::+::K: (-16) (:low:) (T)

:3::3::h::+::P: & :3::h::+::P:

Anything listed for :2::h::+::P:.

BT :h::+::P:
:9::P:
Punish: I've spent a while seeing what works and what doesn't when she jumps over you with this and apparently, if your timing is right, you can get a guaranteed Hi-counter BT :h::+::P:, otherwise she'll be able to immediately transition into crouching state. My guess is that she is still considered to be in the air state while landing, so that counts as a High-Counter Offensive Hold. Deals really good damage, btw (97).

:9::P::+::K: (?)
Punish: She is way more susceptible to Bass' back-turned :h::+::P: and unlike her :9::P:, this one leads to damage as it catches her facing forward, rather than facing back.

SS :6::h::+::P:
:6::6::K::5::K: (-10)(-3) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT) (Note: This is only punishable by side-stepping the last kick and punishing it with SS :6::h::+::P:).

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Rereading, moves like Ayane 's 7k is -30 and leaves her BT. A TFBB would turn into a grizzly launcher with potential water bonus.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I hate that fact that by the time I finally get down to doing some updates, it's 4 AM and I fall asleep with my arcade stick used as a pillow.

Just got back to trying to finish Christie's list, but this character is long. Any helo from anyone would be appreciated.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
80 percent through Christie's list. I'm tempted to just copy paste everything rather than individually test em, but it won't feel right if I don't test everything out. May cost me my sanity, but I've already gone this far, so might as well just try and finish it somehow.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
:christie:
This list took too long. This character is too long. She is weird in terms of punishment. You have to mash your input if you want to punish her.

:P::P::P::P::P: (-3)(-12)(-10)(-18)(-13) (:high::high::mid::mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::P::2::P::P: (-3)(-12)(-15 (-12 on hit))(-9) (:high::high::low::mid:) (NT)(NT)(T)(NT) (Note: Mash throw while holding down direction)
:P::P::K::K: (-3)(-12)(-12)(-7) (:high::high::high::high:) (NT)(NT)(T)(T)
:P::K::K::K: (-3)(-10)(-11)(-14) (:high::high::high::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:4::P::K::P: (-12)(-14)(-8) (:high::high::mid:) (T)(T)(NT)
:8::P::P: (-23)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (T)(NT)
:7::P::P::P: (-5)(-6)(-8) (:high::mid::mid:) (T)(T)(NT)
:6::P::P::P::P: (-10)(-15)(-13)(-11) (:mid::mid::mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT) (Note: Keep in mind that she can JAK cancel this string, but only after the second hit)
:2::P::P::P: (-7 (-5 on hit))(-13)(-13) (:low::high::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)
:1::P::K: (-17 (-17 on hit))(-10) (:low::mid:) (T)(NT)
:4::6::P: (-7) (:high:) (NT)
:3::3::P: (-11) (:high:) (NT)
:214::P: (-7) (:mid:) (NT)
:K::P: (-10)(-10) (:high::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:9::K::K: (-11)(-7) (:high::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:8::K: (-12) (:mid:) (NT)
:6::K::P: (-9)(-12) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:6::K::K: (-9)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:4::K::K: (-8)(-8) (:mid::high:) (NT)(T)
:4::K::2::K::P::P: (-8)(-11)(-10)(-12) (:mid::low::mid::high:) (NT)(NT)(T)(NT)
:3::K::P: (-8)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:3::K::K: (-8)(-9) (:mid::high:) (NT)(T)
:1::K::P::P: (-10)(-11)(-12) (:low::mid::high:) (NT)(T)(NT)
:6::6::K: (-10) (:mid:) (NT)
SS :K: (-12) (:mid:) (NT)
:6::P::+::K: (-7) (:mid:) (T)
:3::P+K::P::P: (-13)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:3::P+K::K: (-8) (:mid:) (NT)
:1::P+K: (-10) (:mid:) (NT)
:214::P::+::K: (-10) (:mid:) (T)
:H+K::K::K: (-8)(-8)(-7) (:mid::high::mid:) (T)(NT)(NT)
:6::H+K: (-10) (:high:) (T)
:4::H+K: (-12) (:high:) (NT)
BT :4::P::P: (-6)(-8) (:mid::mid:) (T)(NT)
BT :K: (-13) (:high:) (T)
BT :4::K: (-13) (:mid:) (NT)
BT :H+K: (-9) (:mid:) (NT)
JAK :P::P: (-12)(-10) (:mid:) (NT)(NT)
JAK :P::K::P: (-12)(-12)(-12) (:mid::high::mid:) (NT)(T)(NT)
JAK :6::P::P: (-13)(-11) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
JAK :K: (-11) (:mid:) (T)
JAK :P+K: (-12) (:high:) (NT)
JAK :H+K: (-16) (:high:) (T) (Note: Also, punishable by strikes as she recovers BT and takes extra frames recovering from that)

:P::P::P::P::P: (-3)(-12)(-10)(-18)(-13) (:high::high::mid::mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::P::2::P::P: (-3)(-12)(-15)(-9) (:high::high::low::mid:) (NT)(NT)(T)(NT) (Note: for -9 throw punish, just hold direction and mash throw as the window is just weird)
:8::P::P: (-23)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (T)(NT)
:6::P::P::P::P: (-10)(-15)(-13)(-11) (:mid::mid::mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT) (Note: Keep in mind that she can JAK cancel this string, but only after the second hit)
:1::P::K: (-17 (-17 on hit))(-10) (:low::mid:) (T)(NT)
:K::P: (-10)(-10) (:high::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:6::K::K: (-9)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:3::K::P: (-8)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:3::K::K: (-8)(-9) (:mid::high:) (NT)(T)
:1::K::P::P: (-10)(-11)(-12) (:low::mid::high:) (NT)(T)(NT)
:6::6::K: (-10) (:mid:) (NT)
:3::P+K::P::P: (-13)(-10) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:1::P+K: (-10) (:mid:) (NT)
:214::P::+::K: (-10) (:mid:) (T)
:6::H+K: (-10) (:high:) (T)
BT :H+K: (-9) (:mid:) (NT)
JAK :P::P: (-12)(-10) (:mid:) (NT)(NT)
JAK :6::P::P: (-13)(-11) (:mid::mid:) (NT)(NT)
JAK :H+K: (-16) (:high:) (T) (Note: Also, punishable by strikes as she recovers BT and takes extra frames recovering from that)

:P::K::K::K: (-3)(-10)(-11)(-14) (:high::high::high::high:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)

:4::P::P::P: (-12)(-15)(-5) (:high::mid::mid:) (T)(T)(NT)
:3::P::P::P: (-10)(-12)(-5) (:mid::mid::mid:x4) (NT)(NT)(NT)
:7::P::P: (-5)(-6) (:high::mid:) (T)(T) (Note: I decided to put this here anyway even though it has a followup. The reason is because some Christie players tend to guard-cancel the string to get more pressure in).
:6::6::P::P::P: (-11)(-10)(-5) (:mid::high::mid:x4) (T)(NT)(NT)
:4::6::P: (-7) (:high:) (NT)
:214::P: (-7) (:mid:) (NT)
:P+K: (-6) (:high:) (T)
:6::P::+::K: (-7) (:mid:) (T)
:H+K::K::K: (-8)(-8)(-7) (:mid::high::mid:) (T)(NT)(NT)
BT :2::P::P::P::P: (-15)(-9)(-12)(-5) (:low::mid::mid::mid:x4) (T)(NT)(NT)(NT)
JAK :6::P+K: (-5) (:mid:) (NT)

:P::P::P::P::2::P: (-3)(-12)(-10)(-18)(-11) (:high::high::mid::mid::low:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)(T)
:P::P::2::K::P: (-3)(-12)(-10)(-12) (:high::high::low::low:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(NT)
:P::K::K::2::K: (-3)(-10)(-11)(-12) (:high::high::high::low:) (NT)(NT)(NT)(T)
:4::P::2::K: (-12)(-12) (T)(T)
:3_::P: (-13) (:mid:) (T)
:9::K::K: (-11)(-7) (:high::mid:) (NT)(NT)
:4::K::2::K::P::2::P: (-8)(-11)(-10)(-11) (:mid::low::mid::low:) (NT)(NT)(T)(T)
:1::K::P::2::P: (-10)(-11)(-11) (:low::mid::low:) (NT)(T)(T)
:2::H+K::P: (-10)(-12) (:low::low:) (NT)(NT)
BT :2::K: (-12) (:low:) (T)
BT :P+K: (-10) (:mid:) (NT)
JAK :P::K::2::P: (-12)(-12)(15) (:mid::high::low:) (NT)(T)(T)
JAK :1::K::6::K: (-15)(-10) (:low::mid:) (T)(T)
JAK :1::K::2::K: (-15)(-12) (:low::low:) (T)(T)
JAK :4::4_::K: (Run :3::K:) (-17) (:low:) (NT)

:6::6::h::+::P: or other strikes
:7::K: (-25) (:mid:) (NT)

Important notes regarding Chr:
* It is safer to throw punish unsafe moves than try to press buttons after her block strings.

* Mash the throw input while pressing buttons to ensure punishment. It's safer to mash throw and then buffer hold if you by accident get the input wrong and get something else as the buffered hold can come in handy if she presses additional buttons.

* For the :P::K::K: into either her JAK or low, don't try to use your low OH or thorw. It will not work. The only thing you can do is to either be patient or press buttons while buffering holds. There's really not much else you can do).

* You can attempt to do OH to try and punish she JAK after :6::P::P::2:/:8::P::+::K:. This is pretty much a guessing game between the mids and low, but the standing OH also catches JAK :4::4:. Against a second JAK you need to do a low OH. You need to experiment against all her options.

This song pretty much describes my feeling compiling this list

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD