Changes in DOA5U

synce

Just adding to your list Alpha's parry also received the 0(12)18 nerf and Mila has a new i12 throw that does something like 56 damage and can't be escaped

There's a ton of other changes though it would take forever to find them all... Everyone should just hassle TN so they release a changelog

UprisingJC

Just adding to your list Alpha's parry also received the 0(12)18 nerf and Mila has a new i12 throw that does something like 56 damage and can't be escaped

There's a ton of other changes though it would take forever to find them all... Everyone should just hassle TN so they release a changelog
Added them. Thank you.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, sorry to burst the bubble, but all these damage "buffs" mean nothing when life was increased by 30 points. Bass for example had dmg buffs of no more than 5 points, and some were nerfed, his AA was decreased, but the followup F5 was increased. Again, nothing to make up for the 30 points of life.

David Gregg

Yeah, sorry to burst the bubble, but all these damage "buffs" mean nothing when life was increased by 30 points. Bass for example had dmg buffs of no more than 5 points, and some were nerfed, his AA was decreased, but the followup F5 was increased. Again, nothing to make up for the 30 points of life.

(sighs) Someone remind me again why TN thought a 300 lifebar was a good idea? Sloppy play here we come. lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I think we need to try out the new default as we explore the system. Then consider lowering the lifebar on our own accord.

Right now, matches are ending just as fast as they were before, so I see no need to lower the life bars.

synce

Even at 270 it's kind of a joke. DOA4 had 240 didn't it? VF, SC, Tekken, they're all around 180-220. TR actually has 150, although that game has a serious problem with invincibles. (Imagine if DOA had a counter that countered everything and took at least 20% life)

Tenryuga

I still think 270 is fine. Right now the only majorly damaging things I can think of are power launcher juggles (I've seen 145-160 points of damage being done. Perhaps more can be done in ceiling areas.) and grappler Hi-counter throws. This doesn't warrant an additional 30 points of health IMO. If anything the grappler's taking close to half life for a Hi counter throw is a buff for them and if we change things to 270 there will be a buff to throw punishment due to the increased damage on throws. I do not vouch for making TN patch life to 270. If they do that I fear they will reduce the throw and possibly juggle damage.

Akumasama

Standing out of the crowd here, but I personally like a lot the bigger energy bars, up to the point I was slightly disappointed when they moved it from "largest" to "normal" for ranked matches.
Why? Well, for the same reason why when I play offline or in lobbies I always put the energy to largest.
I like when matches last longer, I like when there are more chances to recover or to get fucked. It makes the pace slightly slower and I overall like it.

I like it especially because it's *different* from what everybody else does.
We already have many 3D BEUs with "low" energy, I welcome with open arms one who tries to do things differently.
It's not that I don't like the other BEUs, not at all, but variation ftw.
I understand some people would just like 90% of 3D BEUs concept to be shared, but I personally don't like this scenario.

David Gregg

Powerblows beat out low kick wakeups and mid kick wakeups, if that was hard to do in vanilla it is considerably easier now.

^ I learned this the hard way (lost a close match b/c of it). lol. The window definitely seemed like it was more than 1 frame.

MrMoon360

1367c0af-64f9-42e2-be33-d640069d430a_zps1dc4ea35.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD