Changes in DOA5U

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Some people are making Rachel seem better than she is. Her tech is great, but she's beatable. She's not broken. If anything, take her +11 away if you avoid the stomp & leave her tech alone. It's not that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
JDE said:
Some people are making Rachel seem better than she is. Her tech is great, but she's beatable. She's not broken. If anything, take her +11 away if you avoid the stomp & leave her tech alone. It's not that bad.

-Exactly! I say players look how to beat it and adapt. Have we not learned anything from Mr. Brady(us old school players)? He taught us to find ways to beat shit like this. Find valuable shit our own character can do and exploit the hell out of it. DOA3.1 is based totally around this principal. We wanted a 3.1 like DOA5, now we got it!!! Lets step our shit up and take this game to new heights!

Viper Excess said:
It almost seems like they have the mentality of wanting to inject Doa4 into Doa5, even after a lot of feedback. Like they see stuff they liked in Doa4 when people here have told them to look at Doa 3.1 instead. I just want to understand where their head is at, if at all possible.
-I see it being the exact opposite. It looks like they are getting rid of most of the DOA4 style play mechanics within DOA5, and bringing it closer to its roots.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
-Exactly! I say players look how to beat it and adapt. Have we not learned anything from Mr. Brady(us old school players)? He taught us to find ways to beat shit like this. Find valuable shit our own character can do and exploit the hell out of it. DOA3.1 is based totally around this principal. We wanted a 3.1 like DOA5, now we got it!!! Lets step our shit up and take this game to new heights!

-I see it being the exact opposite. It looks like they are getting rid of most of the DOA4 style play mechanics within DOA5, and bringing it closer to its roots.
Yeah, I learn a lot from the likes of reading & listening to people before: Black Mamba, Rikuto, you, Tom Brady, PL, Sorwah, Master, NinjaCw, SL, & mainly Allan Paris (who recommended it for me as a player). Still learning a lot about myself as a player and the game, though, but I faced a few good Rachel's & it's not that bad at all. Of course it's supposed to hurt when you get caught in it. In every fighting game it should be. lol

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
JDE, not everything is fine and dandy with DOA. I see some optimistic points, but Team Ninja is patching the game because that's what it needs, and Rachel is definitely a part of that.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
JDE said:
Yeah, I learn a lot from the likes of reading & listening to people before: Black Mamba, Rikuto, you, Tom Brady, PL, Sorwah, Master, NinjaCw, SL, & mainly Allan Paris (who recommended it for me as a player). Still learning a lot about myself as a player and the game, though, but I faced a few good Rachel's & it's not that bad at all. Of course it's supposed to hurt when you get caught in it. In every fighting game it should be. lol
-Thanks for listening. My goal years ago was to have players like you to gather around and compete in the game. That was over 11 years ago! Keep learning, and keep growing! I am honestly very happy to have My dream come true, and I am proud of you all lol.

deathofaninja said:
JDE, not everything is fine and dandy with DOA. I see some optimistic points, but Team Ninja is patching the game because that's what it needs, and Rachel is definitely a part of that.
-Well, for this guy right here, the one who seen it all...I must say we are a hell of a lot better now, than we have ever been! I just have to laugh because this is all pebbles in comparison to all the bolders and mountains myself, Mr. Wah, Rikuto and others had to move out the way to get to this point. So if you see me overly optimistic, its just because I am starting to finally see the fruits of My many years of labor :p

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
But you're missing the point. Rachel just makes you play the game the way it's meant to be played. She doesn't deserve to have her tech taken away, and yes DOA has had it's problems, but this 1 right here is not one of them. It's not like she doesn't have to have you in the air before she can get it. So again, she does not need to have her tech taken away. If you're going to take anything away from Rachel, it should only be her +11 advantage if the opponent avoids the tech. You're supposed to have frame advantage if you tech someone. Really, you're supposed to have the advantage regardless on the ground. It's the defender's fault for wanting to press buttons out of disadvantage. Name a game that doesn't have it.

If that's the case, then great. I basically JUST started exploring this game, and I can only go by my newbie/DOA4 experience. I look forward to exploring everything that DOA5U has to offer. I still do wonders what it was that they saw wrong with DOA5 Vanilla's ground game tho. This is a new game, and definitely worthy of playing and having fun with. TN did listen enough to improve the style of the DOA gameplay.

-Well, for this guy right here, the one who seen it all...I must say we are a hell of a lot better now, than we have ever been! I just have to laugh because this is all pebbles in comparison to all the bolders and mountains myself, Mr. Wah, Rikuto and others had to move out the way to get to this point. So if you see me overly optimistic, its just because I am starting to finally see the fruits of My many years of labor :p

Shit sounds awesome. Hey, better late than never, right? It's good to see that this site brought over all of DOAC's positives and then some.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD