Character Customization

HokutoNoBen

Hayashi and Shimbori laughed when they saw the Hokuto no Ken Kenshiro mod for Jann Lee (Same Voice Actor mind you).

Actually, Jann Lee's VA in that game (Toshio Furukawa) was Shin in the original HnK anime.

Come to think of it, the DOA roster is/was filled with a number of HnK personalities. Even Daisuke Gori (Bass' former VA, RIP) was Uighur in the original anime.

It always made me smile, knowing that DOA has some of the veteran "manly" Japanese VAs in the business. All we need is for Wakamoto to get up in there, some how. 8D

On that note, was it ever cited why Jann Lee's VA didn't reprise his role in Dimensions?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
He did the voice for Piccolo in the Dragonball series now that I remember. Not saying that conflicted, just that I'm always expected Piccolo to go "WHAAAATAAAAAH" though he does only eat/drink water.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Furukawa wasted his time doing voice clips for Ultimate Tenkaichi, which didn't learn a dad-gummed thing from its past mistakes. smdgh

HokutoNoBen

Furukawa wasted his time doing voice clips for Ultimate Tenkaichi, which didn't learn a dad-gummed thing from its past mistakes. smdgh

LMAO, seriously?

I mean, it did strike me kind of odd, as Furukawa is still noted as being an active VA in reasonably good health, yet we had to be stuck with Canna for Dimensions. I'm hoping Furukawa will be back to doing the role again for DOA5, as Canna just couldn't do the WAAATAAAAAH!'s correctly.

Cadaveri

Rly hope theres gonna be alot of nice customization options, but withing reason

And a definate NO for character creation imho.

Berzerk!

Oh and talking Hokuto No Ken? Since Koei had the Fist of the North Star license for a Fist of the Northstar game, could we hope for Team Ninja to do an actual fighting game with it someday? The older 2D ones were pretty cool mind you.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD