Character Customization

Berzerk!

Not to dismiss anyone's view on character creation (as distinct from just customization) but the point of order made in the other thread bears out here also.

We are not in a position to quibble about what the development team should spend their resources on as if we know best what they can and can't spend time on.

What we can debate is how, if we discuss a feature, let's go ahead and talk about how we'd like to see it work in Doa. I agree it's not number 1 priority for the game but if TN was to implement it, what would we like to see?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Personally, I'd just be satisfied with having a color changer to outfits over a costume creator over a character creator. That's my order of preference. I have enough trouble playing Wrasslin' games online with people and their CAWs where it's difficult to strategize when you don't know your opponent's moveset.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Bravo Berz you are the 1st person to admit that it is ok to discuss what we want and that pretending to know what goes into what resource as a debate point is dumb!

CC mode has been proven to work very well in SC and I have never had an experience playing SC in which i felt Talim or anyone else felt hotboxed. Did you know that all the customized Characters in SC are the same height ! They did this so they wouldn't be hotbox issues, so I don't think your argument is correct, sorry.

Again The only complains (that are valid, not resource based) I hear about CC mode is people not wanting to see other peoples original items because they would be lame (Guess what you can't control the world) If Someone wants to make a character that is "tacky" it's their prerogative, Having the option to is still a good thing. (And it is A SELLING POINT)

Awesomic you are suggesting that I want to this game to be something that it is not ? That i am projecting my own wishes, Ummm yeah thats what we are all doing. (and CC mode is not that far fetch for a) a fighting game b) TN (since DOAx has customization (We all have ideas) Except I am capable of accepting this possibly awesome new feature, where you guys are not. (Juts because there was no CC mode in previous DOA doesn't mean there shouldn't be) SC 2 no CC SC 3 - 4 CC and people love it! You see change is ok.... ;)

Again I have yet to hear a truly good reason why CC mode is not a good idea!

With CC mode comes:
Design
Creativity
Originality
Extended replay (since the costumes can be recreated over and over - to all the morons who don't understand - being able to remake things anew ie new costumes = replay) I'm sorry but there are people dumb enough to argue this LOGIC!

(From TN business standpoint)

A selling point for the casual market (Me and you love Hitomi and rest of the DOA cast but been able to create a "Spiderman" or "Catwoman" would be a huge selling point to people who dont relate with the DOA cast!)

A great opportunity for DLC int he forms of new designs, cloths whatever!

Also I agree stage creating new stage would be great!

Rikatu we are hear to discuss the things we want to see in DOA 5 - get over yourself! As far potential bugs being a good reason, wrong, there could be bugs in anything there can be bugs in the game play! That is not a goo reason! Should I clarify and say I would like A CC mode without bugs does that help you understand why your argument is not valid ?

I know you guys think im pushing it, and maybe I am but I believe CC mode only enhance this game that I love very MUCH! And unless you present a logical reason why it wouldn't - the only thing I'm hearing is -

I cant accept change!

-I have been staying out of this debate, and I can no longer(here is why). Create a character is a great Idea "IF" the developer can manage implementing it without it taking away from other aspects of the game. For fighting games, it is more a hindrance than an advancement. Like Rikuto have eloquently explained, this feature have ruined the competitive aspects of Both Sc3 and Sc4. This alone is enough not to add this feature. No matter how much of the gameplay is complete in Doa5, they will not only need the resources for gameplay, but the concentration/focus to make sure they make it with little to no faults. Even than, they will have to focus their man power on updates and fixes to the gameplay.

-I love the idea of Custom characters. When I play wrestling games, that is one of the things I do for entertainment. Pick and choose what moves to use, the character's appearance, persona, entrance music etc. They work perfect in wrestling games for the most part, because the gameplay intricacies are not too robust. When it is not implemented well in fighters, a slew op problems occur. Like it was mentioned earlier, both Sc3 and Sc4 are proof of this. Namco have a far bigger team for SC and TK than Tecmo with Team Ninja. If They cannot get it right(having more experience than Team Ninja), how is Team Ninja going to do it right without having its priority on gameplay? They will not. This is the reason why so many are against this idea. Gameplay in fact will be compromised for this to take place.

Berzerk!

Gill: Ha! Suddenly the idea of forming teams and being able to, Forza style, paint your team logo or image on the character's costume, sounds really awesome.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I think that video taught us all a very important lesson.

It doesn't matter how many badass options you give someone, they will still create absolute shit and you will be forced to look at it >_>

But yes, it's good to see they are improving it.

Raansu

I KNEW he would post that retarded ass video. Good for them, they can create retarded looking characters. I look forward to laughing at you when we see just how buggy it is, just like it was in SC4.

Gill Hustle

I think that video taught us all a very important lesson.

It doesn't matter how many badass options you give someone, they will still create absolute shit and you will be forced to look at it >_>

But yes, it's good to see they are improving it.

^^This

I can understand your passion UNDERX, but in my experience with Create A Character in most games, I myself would take hours crafting IMO , some of the best looking creations. Then I'd go online and see Female characters filters altered to make em look naked, breasts that were too big for DOA (I know right?) and just straight up GARBAGE looking characters.

Needless to say it ruined the experience, and this was just the WWE games. When SNK allowed this in the old skool KOF's people purposely made "shadow" characters so you weren't able to see their moves properly just so they could climb the leader boards.

Soul Calibur can get away with this cuz it's a staple now, something like this will just hurt DOA5 imo. As funny as seeing a :hitomi: sized character tea bagging :bass: would be, shit would get old real fast.

TRI Mike

I can't understand how he still thinks is a good idea when everyone in four entire pages have told him it would suck.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
UnderX why don't you just cut the crap and admit all you wanna do is play with the girls on small bikinis¿ DOA DOES NOT need CC. Get over it.
All right, I confess. Playing a bikini-clad Christie in a DOA fighting game would make me the happiest man alive, seeing as she's among the few girls that have yet to get this special treatment.

Happy now?

TRI Mike

I'd also like to play as the girls wearing the bikinis again, I really missed that in DOA4 and D (except for Kasumi's weird military swimsuit) but a CC mode just to see tons of those¿ No.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You would see more underwear clad hayate's and ninja clown ryu's than bikini kasumi's tbh.

TRI Mike

Now, seriously speaking, A way to customize the cast's clothes would be amazing, like in VF5. Give us a bunch of "base" costumes and let us buy extra things by winning matches online and offline.

Or simply ask us, the players, which costumes we want in the game because it's been proved the new Team Ninja sucks at making costumes, the ones in Dimensions are horrible.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD