Character list leaked from Demo's EXE

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I am not looking forward to playing against toothpaste kasumi (alpha 152) again ... not happy with her being on the list ... would much rather have tengu to be honest ... at least he was more or less viable and not as cheap ...

toothpaste kasumi is just cheap and annoying ... :/

would hate to see her used online and in ranked ... that would really suck ...

Kasumi

Interesting, if the info in the archive is true, I'm glad that the game has so many stages, probably they made high resolution models while they worked in DOAD. About the characters, I think 3 VF characters is too much, with one is enough but Akira and one girl is ok, specially if it's Sarah Brynat, if the game ends up with only two new character I will be very disappointed, but probably they are holding back characters for DLC.

I hope Alpha is not a playable character, pointless as a character and I hope they don't use here again in the story.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
People shouldn't get too upset if there aren't many new characters.

We should just be happy that we are getting a new game... :cool:

x Sypher x

I hope Alpha is not a playable character, pointless as a character and I hope they don't use here again in the story.

I think it most likely will happen anyway, but it may be possible that she'll be a miniboss for Kasumi at least. If you remember Helena's DOA4 ending, Alpha escaped from the burning Tritower while fighting with Kasumi, so her whereabouts are still unknown. Or perhaps she may have been evolved. That's just a wild guess though.

Aion

Good to see Gen Fu is still alive and kickin'. I think Pai is a bit redundant though, with already having Lei Fang in the game. I'd like to see Goh, Lei Fei, or Aoi in there.

Aoi definitely would've been a much better choice than Pai, just for the simple fact that we do indeed have Lei Fang.

ScattereDreams

I think it most likely will happen anyway, but it may be possible that she'll be a miniboss for Kasumi at least. If you remember Helena's DOA4 ending, Alpha escaped from the burning Tritower while fighting with Kasumi, so her whereabouts are still unknown. Or perhaps she may have been evolved. That's just a wild guess though.

I hope she evolves into Kasumi Alpha (the DOA2U version). I loved evil Kasumi... she felt sooo right

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
somehow i still hope this list isnt final ...
tengu , ein and ... 1 more vf character... would make me ..just the happiest person on earth ...
(already missing the leifang-tengu tag setups :( ... lol )

the stage count seems awesome though ... im acctually looking forward to that ... :D

synce

1. One VF character was awesome but THREE? If I wanted to play VF I'd play VF.

2. Why leave out Tengu but keep Alpha? Too lazy to remodel him? Or they cut him and Ein to take advantage of their fans? (DLC)

3. At least Mila sounds interesting. The game could use a Russian chick, I'm hoping she's a boxer. Not sure what to make of Rig. Looking at Wikipedia it's a city in Iran, so maybe a middle eastern dude? lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
1. One VF character was awesome but THREE? If I wanted to play VF I'd play VF.

2. Why leave out Tengu but keep Alpha? Too lazy to remodel him? Or they cut him and Ein to take advantage of their fans? (DLC)

3. At least Mila sounds interesting. The game could use a Russian chick, I'm hoping she's a boxer. Not sure what to make of Rig. Looking at Wikipedia it's a city in Iran, so maybe a middle eastern dude? lol

1. According to the character select camera data in the demo, it will be three characters. It's also possible that they were trying to decide between the three characters and went with one - or two.

2. Alpha-152 doesn't have a character select camera so it's believed she may not actually be in the game but is just left over code from DOAD. (Same applies to Pai with no character select camera)

3. Guessing over what the new characters look like, nationality, fighting style, is really just as pointless. There have been characters in the previous games that had different design codes from their finalized names. For example, Christie is GOK.

Einzelkind

I can't believe people actually want Tengu back. But I'm excited to see if Pai and Sarah will look like they do in Virtua Fighter or if they will adjust them to DOA's style (if the list is real). It's kind of hard to tell with Akira. Of course they could've picked characters with more original fighting styles like Goh, but I think Pai and Sarah would be nice additions,too.

Orange Pork

Happy to see Shibuya making it back. Hopefully you can still knock dudes into cars in that stage. That is probably my favorite thing about any videogame. Knocking dudes into cars. The highlight of every match in the demo so far has been punching Hayabusa into that flying Nissan Versa at the end of every round.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
The list in the OP is accurate except for Alpha-152. This is a port of DOA Dimensions and so it references a lot of old items in there like Alpha152, Genra, Raidou, Tengu, Kasumi Alpha and all the old stages. If you look for references specifying whatever newer formats the game is using, you'll see that only 24 characters are mentioned and Alpha152 is not one of them while Pai is.

Megawarrior

Pai? Seriously? Well it'll be interesting to see Lei Fang and Pai go at each other for a few minutes I guess.

Give me Jacky or Vanessa.

HokutoNoBen

3. Guessing over what the new characters look like, nationality, fighting style, is really just as pointless. There have been characters in the previous games that had different design codes from their finalized names. For example, Christie is GOK.

So "Rig" may be a call for a legit character, after all? Interesting...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD