Characters Character Specific Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nereus

Standard Donor
because lisa is more negative then -6 after most of her strings and has an i11 high and an i13 mid
+1 is threatening, Whenever i play rachel i do my best to get that +1 because i then have a 10 frame jab
Akira at that point has a 9 frame jab which he then can get another +1 and no it's not a situtational need because everytime i see most sarah's they're doing the dumb pp just so they can get a 9 frame jab which akira doesn't need either, his neutral is scary enough as is and even after the nerfs does a shit load of damage
So it's not fair for the rest of the cast if the VF characters are +1 on a jab.. but all of a sudden it's ok for Lisa to be + since her "frames are more negative".. no comment.

Here's what i want you to do. 1) Go to training mode 2) Pick Jacky 3) Do all of his moves on block 4) And come up with ways to stop him using Rachel and Christie. If you still think Jacky needs to be more negative after this i dunno what to tell you bud.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
because lisa is more negative then -6 after most of her strings and has an i11 high and an i13 mid
+1 is threatening, Whenever i play rachel i do my best to get that +1 because i then have a 10 frame jab
Akira at that point has a 9 frame jab which he then can get another +1 and no it's not a situtational need because everytime i see most sarah's they're doing the dumb pp just so they can get a 9 frame jab which akira doesn't need either, his neutral is scary enough as is and even after the nerfs does a shit load of damage

Because Lisa is more negative then -6? wat?

+1 is a small threat. It's only a big threat for players that don't know what they doing or simply just not adapting and hitting a button right after it. Technically speaking you are the one falling for that and and not adapting to it. This seems to be just an ordinary rant of not absorbing character knowledge+playing online. It's moments like these that I read it as if you want it to be neutral/negative so that Rachel "specifically" can get advantage, "You" particularly. Rachel does not struggle against that in it's entirety. And yes it is a situational need. You are resetting the areas of specific points to revive the offense of the character. That added +1 is against the mashiness which is the blessing part of it.

I bolded that specific part for you because I need to know what Akira players have you faced that does that. 1) It's a high. 2) High crush 3) Do not just sit there holding that block button 4) Lack of character information.

Akira was toned down because he had a ridiculous amazing grab in vanilla that was quite possibly the best grab in the game. It's like Mila's 6T on steroids. He had that nerf coming, but to remove the basic +1 P that allows him to start off a strong offense? That's not going anywhere. Those 4 hardly track as well. The problem is that people sit there holding that block button playing online and getting blown up by online silliness.

EDIT: Alright let's not get carried away since this isn't a buff/nerf thread but rather character specifics request.

Akira 214P+K on CH should guaranteed 666P no matter what (On any stance) since that is his only potential mid tracking, make it into a true mid as well and we are all set. That's all I really want to see for the guy.

Awesome troll buff by @Brute for Leon: 33P should be unblockable, tracking, true mid, unholdable and large hit box.

Last edited:

Ivan

I got a shit load of stuff

:hitomi:
  • Strings are more unsafe, can't simply mash out when at disadvantage anymore
  • add 2 or 3 extra frames on lows so they can be more reactable

learn the MU and how to punish her properly before asking for nerf(my post about Nerfs for Helena was just a troll one because its so easy to ask for nerf instead of spending your time in training mode learning MU's)

her low sweep leave her at +5 NH / -1 SE max and -17 on block you can punish with what ever throw you want

Intelligent Alpha

learn the MU and how to punish her properly before asking for nerf(my post about Nerfs for Helena was just a troll one because its so easy to ask for nerf instead of spending your time in training mode learning MU's)

her low sweep leave her at +5 NH / -1 SE max and -17 on block you can punish with what ever throw you want

I resent this post! :rolleyes: I wonder how often this was said before the nerf barrage happened - mind you, most of them were/are useless. But yes, I totally agree with you. I wonder what would have happened if nothing/no one had been messed with though. Not everyone here is uber-serious. Please take that into account as well.

Argentus

Ugh sorry for slow updates to first post. I gotta write all this shit down on paper first then go back and edit post and type it all in manually.

Stupid phone won't let me paste it just keeps trying to select the text instead.

Intelligent Alpha

Ugh sorry for slow updates to first post. I gotta write all this shit down on paper first then go back and edit post and type it all in manually.

Stupid phone won't let me paste it just keeps trying to select the text instead.

More than you bargained for? XD

Chapstick

I'll reword mine to make it simpler + add a couple things

:phase4:
-make 66PP~6P+K +4 like Kasumi's
-make 9PK a GB, maybe -7 without chifu dash and +1 with chifu
-add Kasumi's 46T reset throw

:kokoro:
-make 214T~4T~46T 65 dmg
-decent tracking mid

Changed my mind about Kasumi

:kasumi:
-fix 66K's hitbox or officially label it a high

Yurlungur

I know the offline mu, but online is a completely different thing which is why there are so many fucking fraudulent hitomi's running around thinking they can just fucking mash pp at -16 and get away with it. You cannot hold hitomi's lows in anything less then a 3 bar connection and adding an extra frame or two to a low will not kill her since it can be delayed.

I cannot tell you the amount of fucking players i've seen getting away with this shit to the point where i'm just staying in bokuho spamming sweep all day while they're fucking mashing p thinking they can hit me out it.

Nereus

Standard Donor
I know the offline mu, but online is a completely different thing which is why there are so many fucking fraudulent hitomi's running around thinking they can just fucking mash pp at -16 and get away with it. You cannot hold hitomi's lows in anything less then a 3 bar connection and adding an extra frame or two to a low will not kill her since it can be delayed.

I cannot tell you the amount of fucking players i've seen getting away with this shit to the point where i'm just staying in bokuho spamming sweep all day while they're fucking mashing p thinking they can hit me out it.
So it's safe to assume you're asking for nerfs because of... online? LMAO

Ivan

yeah no thanks im a tourney player , not only online is garbage but it mean nothing to me i dont take online seriously and rank for me are only a decoration nothing eles

if you can react more easly to the her low sweep online then imagine offiline her low sweep will become useless because you will be able to react on reaction to a move that is -17 on block
and throw punish it every time
TN unneeded nerfs / useless buffs and lack of good sense about Hitomi is more than enough for me leave her alone

Last edited:

Jaguar360

:hayabusa:
  • Decrease initial frames on 8K- It doesn't have much merit over 4K at the moment and no longer has use as a combo ender because it is usually to slow to hit.
  • Give him a new guard break or restore some old ones- Ryu's not very fast and not very safe either, making it difficult to get in on opponents through strikes. Giving him more guard break options would help him a little. As cool as the new 3H+K and 4PK look, returned them to their DOA5 state would be a godsend for him right now. SSK and/or 4H+K would be a cool guard break as well and more advantage on 66K would be nice.
  • Let the Ongoyin stance transition with 7P be optional- It would be a much better spacing move if you could stay in normal stance after using it.
  • More options after Ongoyin- A better and faster low than 2K would be very helpful, like 1KP as Master suggested. 2K should also get a speed buff or become a low guard break. 6K could get a similar buff like the one suggested for 2K, or even become a critical burst with less range, since it's already 19 frames (I think).
  • Faster :3_::5::4::H+P:
:alpha152:
  • Change B.U.R.S.T- This probably isn't going to happen, but B.U.R.S.T as it is now is pretty stupid (this is being said as an Alpha-152 player). IMO it would be more fair if it was a 14-17 frame throw that does 80-85 damage rather than a 20 frame throw that does 100.
  • Give 9K a bigger stun or make it faster- This move is not very useful as it is now. One of these changes might give it a bigger purpose.
:hayate:
  • Give 44KK and its strings an easier command- I don't know if it's just me, but 44K is really awkward to use, despite being such a cool move. Perhaps 4H+K would be better and the same could be done for the strings. (ex. 6P4H+K(K))
  • Less ending lag on teleports- Teleports don't really have much use and can only really set the situation back to neutral most of the time. There is not much reward for the time it takes to charge the teleport.
  • Buff damage on 33T- This should be doing about 60 damage IMO.

Argentus

Not everyone has a luxury for offline, but asking for nerfs/buffs because of online is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of in my life.
So...asking for the game to be improved is dumb to you.
...right okay let me explain something.

Regardless of your opinions of online, the game is still played online.

A lot.

By a lot of people.

You can take your high horse and shove it up your ass, cause online players want, need, and deserve improvements as well, and its plain moronic to completely disregard them because "its online it doesn't matter". It does matter, because that's how the game is played, for a LOT of people.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

- 7K Guard Breaks again
- Increase range on Parries
- Wake-up Kicks
- 6T becomes 66T and an OH again

Nereus

Standard Donor
So...asking for the game to be improved is dumb to you.
...right okay let me explain something.

Regardless of your opinions of online, the game is still played online.

A lot.

By a lot of people.

You can take your high horse and shove it up your ass, cause online players want, need, and deserve improvements as well, and its plain moronic to completely disregard them because "its online it doesn't matter". It does matter, because that's how the game is played, for a LOT of people.

So.. my or anyone else's character should be even worse offline because online is dumb? Yeah, makes total sense. Let me explain how dumb your post is...

DOA5U tournaments are not played online, they are played offline. The problem isn't the character, it's the netcode. I will repeat that, ITS THE NETCODE. I do enjoy you telling me im on my high horse, just because im the only fucking person thinking logically here.

@Tenryuga @LunaKage

Jaguar360

- 7K Guard Breaks again
- Increase range on Parries
- Wake-up Kicks
- 6T becomes 66T and an OH again
Tbf, 7K was OP when it was a guard break. 12f + frame advantage was a bit much. It's fine as it is now. However, I'd like to see 4P and/or 4K guard break or at least be safe.

I'm not opposed to your other suggestions at all.

Argentus

So.. my or anyone else's character should be even worse offline because online is dumb? Yeah, makes total sense. Let me explain how dumb your post is...

DOA5U tournaments are not played online, they are played offline. The problem isn't the character, it's the netcode. I will repeat that, ITS THE NETCODE. I do enjoy you telling me im on my high horse, just because im the only fucking person thinking logically here.

@Tenryuga @LunaKage
You aren't thinking logically that's the problem. You have your head up your ass.

We want the game balanced all around, not just offline or online.

You just make yourself look like an idiot saying, essentially, online players can fuck off, especially when its a good chunk of the playerbase

If its the net code then they should take that into account for patches.

But this isn't the place for this argument so ending it here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD