Community Save Yourself

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I hate the fact ppl in the community haven't came to a mutual understanding. I also think it's BS that ppl call top players egotistic. If that's the case, then how come Master, Ninja CW, Allan Paris, SL, Ryujin all can tell me what I'm doing wrong when I play them? Why is it that Blackula ask me to join the lobby & play & practice with them when the netcode is actually good? Why is it that Mamba gave me his PSN to practice with him whenever it's convenient? They help me with some things but I don't expect them to hold my hand & neither do I expect them to share their every routine or strats with me.

I'm not gonna say a lot on the online & offline thing because ppl know where I stand with online & offline. All I'm saying is you shouldn't knock a player that's been offline to a tournament & had a chance to promote the game. I'm not saying that that gives them authority to knock ppl because OBVIOUSLY you would have to trash talking them before they would say something back. That's fair game IMO.

It's every individuals job to learn the mechanics of the game. Including myself. People need to realize getting character help/strats & learning are 2 different things. Nothing should be handed to you. Now am I saying "Don't ask for help?" No. I'm sure they'll help you understand a character that you both share a mutual interest in. All of them do. I'm simply saying that there's enough info out there where you can learn & then work you way up. Especially on the mechanics & how the game works.

I'm also getting annoyed with a lot of threads. Every time I read threads now, it's always arguing with ppl making threads for a dumb reason. Always bullshit. For example, the Force Tech thread. I thought that thread was pointless. Each time I look at a thread it's to learn something that I don't already know. Now I look at threads & feel like it's pointless to go past the character threads to learn because of constant arguing. This is the 1st thread in a long time where I felt it was for good reason. Since the EVO thread.

I got a feeling that this thread is gonna get blown outta proportion when CW was just trying to help & explain the circumstances. But it's the internet. & people ain't gonna give a shit, but they should.

TakedaZX

Amen to this thread...

Eh I guess I should probably actually say something anyway. I don't claim to be a great player anyway, I just keep trying my hardest and while online is 65% of what I do, I do want to be out to offline things more often. So far I've only made it to NEC though and grown more since then than I ever have playing this game watching peoples videos like PL, Sorwah, Master, Mamba, AP... just everyone.

They do deserve that respect like JDE said because when you give them that respect, they return the favor which is admirable. I want to be good at this game...

... but TN is really driving me and a lot of other people nuts. As you grow to leave behind that scrub mentality and realize all is fair game it becomes frustrating especially when I've been looking over the frame data of the VF characters and stuff like that. I don't feel the balance in the game at all but I'm trying to understand this shit...

... but I don't.

vINv

Ugh this is not my first rodeo i know the differnce between online and offline play u people give less credit to those cannot attend ur tournaments like their research and frame study is meaningless thats what im getting at....

DrDogg

I love helena and after reading her ver 0.3 patch notes those are not nerfs i completly respectfully disagree with u i study her very in depthly and to imply she cant b played offline competivly is offensive on the other hand online players are also some the people that decide to become offline / online players based on their online experince thats how most people are introduced to games nowa days and for some of u more seasoned offline players telling them they dont matter is rude u should encourage them to play offline and see the differnce in game play etc b more imfomative and less rude

Perhaps you should play instead of just reading? She was nerfed hard, whether you see it in the patch notes or not. Same with Mila.

@ MisterDOG : Yeah, except THOUSANDS of people play DOA online, but they're not allowed to enjoy it right?
This game is not just for you, honey.

You know, sometimes I think people translate what I say into some foreign language because I didn't say ANYTHING about people not enjoying online. I said that online is very different than offline, and people should not advise Team Ninja or even simply complain based on online issues that are not significant offline. You don't balance a game based on online play. If you can't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

And THAT is EXACTLY why most casual players are walking away from the game. All yall do is torment them, and call them scrubby like yall are the DOA gods.....

No, we do not. We mind our own business. In fact, we say very little until some random online player decides to claim he's the best of the best because of a few online, laggy wins. It's only then that an offline player speaks out against them. If the online players were a little more humble, we wouldn't have these problems.

Well ppl like him make me not want to if that type of attitude is what i have to look foward to however there are ppl like lopedo calibur blades and electrified man that make want to spend the money to do so but i belive if u want the community to grow u put in the work educate not discriminate trave does not equal respect it equals a bill playing with fellow pro gamer and going back forth at an event equals respect(personal experince)

People like you make me not want to play online. You do not want to see things from the perspective of a seasoned offline veteran. You'd rather make your own conclusions with or without facts to back up your claims. That does not make me want to play against you online, or even debate the topic with you. I find it quite rude that you would be so bold as to make wild, unfounded accusations about the game.

See... it works both ways.

>_>

Chris Harris

Look you can believe what you want man. I'm not being rude in the slightest but I am being truthful which generally comes off as rude (especially when you don't want to be told it). There has been more educating in this game and support from the group but it still doesn't produce any new players. In fact the kid you spoke of came out with his fam so he made it happen and that lil guy can't even drink.

Every player who has been successful in this game has tried to help the community with video, write ups, etc. I'm rude because I told you why players get respect in whatever game they play.

And honestly this community puts up with probably the most online players ever. They are shown all types of stuff that normally you are forced to learn online with only random videos help and random people in the forums. Like I'm not sure what else you guys even at this point.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
And THAT is EXACTLY why most casual players are walking away from the game. All yall do is torment them, and call them scrubby like yall are the DOA gods..... View attachment 809

Yea, no.

People are only entitled to an educated opinion. An ignorant opinion is not tolerated in any kind of functional society. It's like a student who argues with his professor all the time for no reason. It's wasting everybody's time, and more often than not the professor will just tell them to gtfo.

vINv

U are jumping to conclusions sir i 1 i bought the guide that u wrote despite what people say about because u are more experinced then me and 2 i play tekken and my main is li li played offline and online for quit awhile now so any one that plays tekken knows how shitty li li is so helenas nerfs and bufs arnt that big a deal to me if i can manage with li li i can mange with her what i am trying to convey to guys is the way u guys put the info and comunicate ur points comes across brass wich probally why the community is so small in comparison with games like tekken or sf and i take exp for tourne players all the time my freinds list has few of them from diffenrt games bub

lopedo

Okay. I'm seriously confused. What are we arguing about?

Offline wins EVERY time.
Online PLAYERS are important as they're the future offline players.
Online wins don't matter.
Offline wins do matter.
Respect is earned by going offline.

Right? This is common knowledge. If whoever you're preaching this to hasn't gotten it by now they never will.

vINv

Look you can believe what you want man. I'm not being rude in the slightest but I am being truthful which generally comes off as rude (especially when you don't want to be told it). There has been more educating in this game and support from the group but it still doesn't produce any new players. In fact the kid you spoke of came out with his fam so he made it happen and that lil guy can't even drink.

Every player who has been successful in this game has tried to help the community with video, write ups, etc. I'm rude because I told you why players get respect in whatever game they play.

And honestly this community puts up with probably the most online players ever. They are shown all types of stuff that normally you are forced to learn online with only random videos help and random people in the forums. Like I'm not sure what else you guys even at this point.
thats better see its how u word things that opens or closes a persons ears :)

Brute

Standard Donor
P.S. If you're going to be a grammar Nazi, you should probably use "P.S." correctly.
lol.
I think we have a different understanding of what these suggestions entail.
For example, I don't think Ryu's 8T should be an OH. Does the move work slightly differently offline than online due to the lag, etc? Yes. Do I the know exact properties of the move and how it would alter the entire game as well as, say, Master? No.
But, in spite of those things, I think it's a concern that can be addressed, even from a primarily online player such as myself. I didn't see many people talking about it when xbox players were asking me about how the patch affected Hayabusa, so I gave them my input that I feel that move should revert back to being a normal throw. If a top player either agrees with me or feels differently, then I would always encourage them to weigh-in on that.
But, no sole opinion should or ever will dictate the game. There is a hierarchy, and it goes something like this: Casuals < Regular Online Players < Regular Tournament Players < Veterans/Top Players < Team Ninja
but the way you worded it makes it sound like Team Ninja should just cater to the Veterans/Top Players section while ignoring both other ends of that line. "You can't cater to everyone." True, but ignoring everyone is just as preposterous from a business standpoint.

Blazeincarnated

Perhaps you should play instead of just reading? She was nerfed hard, whether you see it in the patch notes or not. Same with Mila.

You know, sometimes I think people translate what I say into some foreign language because I didn't say ANYTHING about people not enjoying online. I said that online is very different than offline, and people should not advise Team Ninja or even simply complain based on online issues that are not significant offline. You don't balance a game based on online play. If you can't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

No, we do not. We mind our own business. In fact, we say very little until some random online player decides to claim he's the best of the best because of a few online, laggy wins. It's only then that an offline player speaks out against them. If the online players were a little more humble, we wouldn't have these problems.

People like you make me not want to play online. You do not want to see things from the perspective of a seasoned offline veteran. You'd rather make your own conclusions with or without facts to back up your claims. That does not make me want to play against you online, or even debate the topic with you. I find it quite rude that you would be so bold as to make wild, unfounded accusations about the game.

See... it works both ways.

>_>
1. I know that was directed towards me but whatever.
2. lol You don't even remember what I claimed first coming here. Like lolwut?
3. Anyways, I just thought of something.....this WHOLE game is kinda outta whack. You guys say your words mean nothing online.
4. But, #3 contradicts #4 because if I have a character (like you've guys implied) like Zack I can NEVER win an offline tournament, so i'm stuck with being an online warrior.

lopedo

This is perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever read on this website.

STOP FUCKING GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES ALREADY!

I'm the best in the world and none of you matter.

EDIT: whoops wrong IM. <3

vINv

Have to admitt that is part of the reason i like this game is tier doesnt own it but if what the experinced ppl are saying is true i should just swing with tier list ????

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
1. I know that was directed towards me but whatever.
2. lol You don't even remember what I claimed first coming here. Like lolwut?
3. Anyways, I just thought of something.....this WHOLE game is kinda outta whack. You guys say your words mean nothing online.
4. But, #3 contradicts #4 because if I have a character (like you've guys implied) like Zack I can NEVER win an offline tournament, so i'm stuck with being an online warrior.

That's not how a tier list works. They only come into full effect at the absolute highest level of play possible, and nobody is there.

Right now they are at what I would call a partial effect, and thats not enough to build an excuse around. I used shit tier DOA 4 Bayman for years, and I did well.

Blazeincarnated

That's not how a tier list works. They only come into full effect at the absolute highest level of play possible, and nobody is there.

Right now they are at what I would call a partial effect, and thats not enough to build an excuse around. I used shit tier DOA 4 Bayman for years, and I did well.
Zack is worse than Bayman though..... (-,-)

vINv

So what ur saying use who u want tier doesnt affect chances that u work around ur chars tier disadvantages?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Zack is worse than Bayman though..... (-,-)

No, DOA 4 Bayman is the worst character I have ever played in a fighting game. He is so unsafe, so slow, so low in damage, and so horrendously glitched out to the point I feel stronger with Dan Fucking Hibiki. Do not ever claim your character is worse than him, because you are wrong.

So what ur saying use who u want tier doesnt affect chances that u work around ur chars tier disadvantages?

I didn't say it doesn't affect your chances, it does. But at lower ends of play, it doesn't matter as much. It only starts to matter the higher up you get, and its only ABSOLUTE at the highest level of play physically possible between two opponents of equal skill.

The alteration of chance is still there below that, but it is not absolute. You can win. And nobody is at the absolute highest level possible in probably ANY game in existence, so you can never go into a game and say its impossible for you to win.

Blazeincarnated

No, DOA 4 Bayman is the worst character I have ever played in a fighting game. He is so unsafe, so slow, so low in damage, and so horrendously glitched out to the point I feel stronger with Dan Fucking Hibiki. Do not ever claim your character is worse than him, because you are wrong.

I didn't say it doesn't affect your chances, it does. But at lower ends of play, it doesn't matter as much. It only starts to matter the higher up you get, and its only ABSOLUTE at the highest level of play physically possible between two opponents of equal skill.

The alteration of chance is still there below that, but it is not absolute. You can win. And nobody is at the absolute highest level possible in probably ANY game in existence, so you can never go into a game and say its impossible for you to win.
Im talking about now. Is Bayman really a lower tier than Zack?

vINv

On paper maybe but nerfs dont really mean a whole lot ppl cry to much over them a nerf in most cases not all. Usually means the char has new tech that u can use u just have to spend the time in lab going over that lovely thing CALLED FRAMES :) dun worry about tech ground game at the end of day decides win or loose

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD