Creative Art Input Thread

Argentus

Trying to get good enough to do commissions myself, but hitting snags.

@Tyaren How do you do clean lineart? Mine is...sketchy/scratchy, like when I use a real pencil. What resolution do you do your drawings at?

Also here's a wip character concept. I wasn't planning on working on it any further, because it was just a rough concept sketch. Far left, and two right face pics were done with references.

Norah_Design_Sketch.jpg

Last edited:

Argentus

Just did this one, but I need some help.

Main character of my story
SilvairConcept.jpg
SilvairConceptWOVest.jpg

11136181_1596981187218937_6700316911343616318_o.jpg

But I'm having a helluva time trying to draw the hair as I'm picturing it.

I'm picturing it like Oerba Yun Fang's hair,
Fang (1).png

But with (his) left side of the hair backswept like Xiahou Dun, in Dynasty Warriors 7

XiahouDunDW7.jpg
24.jpg

I can't for the LIFE of my draw that. The closest I've gotten was the "berserk" sketch in that pencil drawing.

Argentus

Had another idea.

Tried adding a ponytail to my earlier design. Not sure if I pulled it off correctly, but I think it could work well. Thoughts?

VanessaPonytail.JPG

Got the idea from a Megaman character, and tried to blend that style with the flaired ponytail from WoW

MMZXAdventAile.png
PonytailRef2.JPG
ZXAAileConcept.png

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Mileena Fanart
Mileena1 fin.jpg
Trying to get good enough to do commissions myself, but hitting snags.

@Tyaren How do you do clean lineart? Mine is...sketchy/scratchy, like when I use a real pencil. What resolution do you do your drawings at?

Also here's a wip character concept. I wasn't planning on working on it any further, because it was just a rough concept sketch. Far left, and two right face pics were done with references.

View attachment 12115
I really like this character

Argentus

SO I got RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam summer sale.

Playing with it and trying to make my characters in it for a test game.

ZG_Faces_01.png

First two were just altered versions of default generator options, while second and third are me trying to import custom painted faces.

Test01.JPG
Test02.JPG
Test03.JPG

Woot. Beginners fiddling.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Bust it open.
(seriously my tolerence for fanservice is really high but wtf is her deal?)

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Bust it open.
(seriously my tolerence for fanservice is really high but wtf is her deal?)
went for a George Kamitani look haha, some of her moves are inspired by circus performers so I went with a really contorted pose based on her crouching animation in GG Xrd
Heres an Art trade I did for a tumblr friend using a limited pallet and emoji
stevonnie.png

Last edited:

theclassybutler

went for a George Kamitani look haha, some of her moves are inspired by circus performers so I went with a really contorted pose :p
Heres an Art trade I did for a tumblr friend using a limited pallet and emoji
View attachment 12208
It was a REALLY good attempt at Kamitani style. Not quite there, but I like the look of the pic regardless. She's adorable, and her expression is awesomesauce. Just pursue your own style, tbh. You've got something great going on here, so go for it.

Argentus

Two late night/early morning sketches.

First up was just some random doodles.

7815Sketch.jpg

Secondly, was an idea I had for my OC, Sylviana Argentus. Just watching the last leaf about to fall.

SylvieSketch.jpg

Trying to get as comfortable with a wacom as I am with a pencil.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm struggling to color basic sketches lol. A lot of my problem is I struggle to have the patience to actually spend a lot of time on art lol. I just go "DAMMIT WHY ISNT IT LIKE IN MY HEAD YET"

If it's supposed to be just sketches, make them as rough as possible. (These are too clean.) You are quicker, which means you can make more sketches, thus getting more experience and you are less frustrated with the outcome, if some lines don't want to be how you want them to be.

Last edited:

Argentus

If it's supposed to be just sketches, make them as rough as possible. (These are too clean.) You are quicker, which means you can make more sketches, thus getting more experience and you are less frustrated with the outcome, if some lines don't want to be how you want them to be.
Ah yeah. These WERE rough shetches then I tried to do clean line art.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD