Creative Art Input Thread

SilverForte

So I drew my favorite Ninja gaiden gal Momiji recently. So uh, Yup.

ninja_gaiden__momiji_by_silverforte-d9chp2e.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I really like the stylization especially of his facial features, for example the chin.

Argentus

So since she's an early player in the story, I went back and tried to finalize my oc Marissa Malone's appearance. I think I finally got a hairstyle and face I'm semi happy with. Debating if I should make the jacket and pants baggier. Hair is kinda too similar to Norah, but waddya think. Any suggestions? (This was a sketch done at work again so sorry for quality. Either working or sleeping lately)

IMG_20151020_070501_174.jpg

I'm gonna change her color scheme to be similar to the Gundam Heavy Arms, as homage, just not sure which version (red and white or blue and green)

Argentus

sometimes I start with a silhouette of the figure then block in the colors
View attachment 14788
other times I paint over a rough sketch
View attachment 14786 View attachment 14787View attachment 14789
God that looks so amazing. I'm supposed to have a place on the first then fix the comp then I'll be able to practice my digital drawings again hopefully.

Since I found out I can go back to school, even though I keep pushing it back for reasons, I'm all motivated to practice and relearn everything. Small sketches during work are all I can do for now but still

My ongoing project will be the east vs west crossover art. I've got a list! With certain ones I'm more excited to do than others so they are prioritized!

Any tips or suggestions on my little daily sketches?

Kodachi

Standard Donor
God that looks so amazing. I'm supposed to have a place on the first then fix the comp then I'll be able to practice my digital drawings again hopefully.

Since I found out I can go back to school, even though I keep pushing it back for reasons, I'm all motivated to practice and relearn everything. Small sketches during work are all I can do for now but still

My ongoing project will be the east vs west crossover art. I've got a list! With certain ones I'm more excited to do than others so they are prioritized!

Any tips or suggestions on my little daily sketches?
I recommend studying the structure and proportions of the skull. I learned almost all my art fundamentals from this youtube channel

heres another progress pic: lately I've been starting out reaaaally rough XD
proo.png
Update:
supagurl_edited-1.png

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I recommend studying the structure and proportions of the skull. I learned almost all my art fundamentals from this youtube channel

Lol, this was fun to watch. XD That guy is pretty direct and blunt.

edit:
Oh, liked one specific thing he said very much and its so true:
"You have to learn realism before you go into anime (or any sort of stylization)."
(I added the part in the brackets.)

Last edited:
The last time i really did draw anything was way back in 2002 or even earlier. Never tried it. I see so many talented people here and also in my class there were a lot girls got inspired by anime and drew some pretty nice things. I actually tried to create my own dead or alive charakters back in the days.

1st charakter:
Download (1).jpg

I was mainly inspired by Kasumi, Tifa Lockhardt (Final Fantasy 7) and the Anime Cats Eye which aired out in Germany in my early childhood. The Japanese tells her name i gave her (Moemi)
Her hair is shorter than Kasumis and i tried to giver her a different schooluniform. Her hair was supposed to be black at first but i used a simple pencil and black would have made it quite too dark so the pencil grey is a bit lighter. Her Fighting style was supposed to be a mix of Tina Armstrongs wrestling, Kasumis Ninjutsu and some moves by Soul Calibur charakters notably Taki and Sophitia. Her background was beeing a thief who collects things belonged once to her dead parents to find out who she actually is. Fragments of her memory make her recognize things she had seen, when she was very young and then she stalks the owners and makes plans to steal the painting, car, statue, jewelry or whatever once belonged to her parents. She was giving the things back to their owners when she finally found out she doesnt need all the things but got back most of her memory and finally finds out/ rembers who her parents were and that she in fact had once a bigger sister who died too. Once she left Highschool to become a police officer ( and have better chances to do research on the missing artifacts and the security systems) she fights crime at daytime and is a thief at night. In the end she was supposed to marry her fellow at the police station and becomes the mother of two boys.

2cond charakter:

Download.jpg

I was a little bit inspired by the Manga video girl Ai by Mazakatsu Katsura and DNA²

I havent thought of a specific name but i was either going for Tomoko or Amy.
I like the way of her hair and i hoped to see something similiar in DOA but Christies hair style C is the closest ever reached my idea. Though i have added a ribbon and my charakters hair is just slightly longer. I tried to make her look sexy but also a bit innocent. She should be the type of char who is mainly silent but enjoys the company of good friends and opens up then. (Since she was my second char i made some serious thinking about her personality). She often tries to help their friends in their relationship with their boy or girlfriends when they have a hard time. Sometimes she can convince their friends and convince them to avoid executing any further dramatic actions. She also often engages in some funny, sometimes even erotic (nothing serious) situations in which she often feels emberassed even if she has no reason to feel this way. However even when a boy fells in love for her her she suddenly becomes very very insecure and tries to avoid the situations that make her blush. She hates fights and sees battle as a last option to defend herself or her friends but she combines her gym with with some judo martial arts.
Her combat style wasnt really planned through well by me since i wasnt really sure of either making her an actually playable charakter or rather an npc. One thing however i was sure of: she should have a very defensive combat style which would have suited her personality. Her chance of winning a battle was very much focused on counter attacks and having most hp left while her enemy was lower eveding further hitts for 20-30 seconds to have her winning by time out. (I tried to make her quite difficult but somewhat innovative...maybe i should have sent my ideas to Team Ninja but my Japanese sucks...) She also should appear quite rare in random battles but making her appearance in a story mode.

As you can see i used a pretty crappy school pencil to draw ^____^
Thats what you usually get when creating stuff in your breaks.....
For me it was kinda important to create my own style which also is a huge factor in creating art. However i also discovered a lot of useful tricks and skills but never really had so much inspiration to sit down and make something out of it.

Jadeinchains

Can't say much in terms of intelligent feedback but those are amazing and I'm loving that she has six arms it should help with stealing things.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD