DOA5LR Customization Mode for DOA6

Polterscheist

I fully agree and support this idea. Every game that lets people play online should have a custom character mode. I would love to put casual clothes on all the characters though. Maybe even a picture editor so I can make a custom tshirt like in Rock Band.

I highly doubt they'll go for this idea though.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

YES! No more copy-paste fetish costumes. Just one costume thing and then just put it on whoever you want and change the colours to whatever x)

HHH816

if DOA6 allowed costume transfer from DOA5LR , i don't have to fork money anymore for costume

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
This is a strange topic because the community from what I've viewed is split on this. There are a lot of people that love buying the dlc outfits... or I guess they wouldn't sell, and this is also a prosperous method for Team NINJA to make some more money. Customization is weird because this gives Team NINJA more venues to sell you more parts. How about a dollar for some gloves, how about another dollar for the shoes?

Strategically this could make DOA a real milk tank, and I personally would stay away from this and prefer the completeness of a single outfit of my choosing.

Also this recommendation could mean that each part does something, thus creating a SoulCalibur or SFxT or some other game that mechanically depends on customization. I don't ever want that to be at a Team NINJA board meeting.

But would I loooooove a color wheel for each outfit? Yes the fuck I would.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
There's no way this would stop DLC milking at all, as they'd just release more costume parts as DLC, like deathofninja said.

SoulCalibur already does this, so I don't know why you think it'd be any different for DOA.

Regardless, I have always been against this and always will be.

lotr9690

I think there could be a way to integrate customizable costumes into DOA that wouldn't totally sucks. Perhaps have one slot dedicated to modifying an existing costume, something like that. Nothing like Soul Calibur or Tekken. To discourage TN of releasing color swaps (like those found in Showstoppers Encore) I would want them to add color picker for costumes, at the minimum. I don't think their current DLC and customization method would appeal to me for DOA6.

By this I meant, keep all the current costumes for the characters but add 10-20 more costume slots for costume recolors or costume sharing between characters with similar body models. Like Rachel/Tina, or P4/Kasumi but have more general hairstyles available for each character. As in ponytails, curly hair, bob cuts, wavy, crimped, etc. Also more sunglasses, glasses, ribbons, earrings, etc. This way DLC packs can still be present but you won't necessarily need to buy all DLC packs because you will be able to switch costumes with characters that are a pair in the terms of body models. Like Rachel can have Tina's C7 in a extra costume slot for her. Or Tina could have Rachel's Senran Kagura costume as a extra costume slot.

Darkton93

The only thing it'd stop are recolors and variations. Others have said this, I'll say it too, it'll mean TN will just make DLC items. That, and it means the unique outfits the characters had would be transplanted to everyone. Kasumi wearing Ayane's butterfly dress, Leon wearing Zack's alien suit, Hayabusa with Bayman's beret. If other customization things are any indication, it'll mean less unique costumes and even more copy-paste by its very nature.

Polterscheist

So that Team Ninja could still make money:
1) Give everyone 5 costume slots and start with just one costume in 5 colors
2) Sell us more slots for $1 each
3) Sell us normal costume items (tshirt and jeans) for $2 or $5 each
4) Sell us slutty underwear for increasing amounts, $10 per panties design, $30 per thong, and $100 for nudity. Because people will pay it.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

So that Team Ninja could still make money:
1) Give everyone 5 costume slots and start with just one costume in 5 colors
2) Sell us more slots for $1 each
3) Sell us normal costume items (tshirt and jeans) for $2 or $5 each
4) Sell us slutty underwear for increasing amounts, $10 per panties design, $30 per thong, and $100 for nudity. Because people will pay it.
ehhh I don't know about that idea :p

WAZAAAAA

I've seen some very interesting character customization systems being used in 2 different games, where the contents are made by the players.

1) APB Reloaded, Third Person Shooter. There's a whole game mode (Social District) dedicated to the modification of your character. You can log in and very easily meet all kinds of crazy stuff any time: superheroes, zombies, presidents, popular characters from other videogames/cartoons/movies. It's all created ingame; you basically buy 1 piece of clothing (for example a jacket), slap tons of symbols in it, and it will look like whatever you want.
2) Unreal Tournament 4, First Person Shooter. It's still under development, but they have the intention to create an official paid mod system. Someone makes a mod, he submits it to the developers to be approved, and every time someone buys that mod, both the developers and the modder earn money from it. Theoretically, this could be done with DLC outfits too.

Lulu

Sure why not.... its not something I'm dying to have but I wouldn't say no to some customization....

JuliAss_3

I hope they do this but I still want them to sell dlcs. They can add a feature so when you buy dlcs you can take its parts. Like take the shirt from one dlc and pair it with a bikini bottom from another dlc . I think it would give fresh content but still let us be creative. I like supporting the game so I dont mind buying dlcs.

Xion Malice

Totally agree, I basically live for a good character customization system in fighting games. Hopefully if they do it'll be one similar to TTT2/VF5 and not some cheap ass stuff like panty changer and a few recolors.

JuliAss_3

But im not talking about the buying panties and nudity. The dlcs will be just like the ones now but we can just like, take what we want. Idk. Its hard to explain.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD